Healthy fast food?!

Options

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If you have a Pita Pit, the hummus or baba ganouch pitas with spinach and veggies (no cheese) are just a little over 300 calories. They also have soups that would be low calorie.

The chili at Wendy's is not a bad choice.

Or run to the grocery store and pick up a can of reduced sodium soup.
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Jimmy Johns Unwich, sub avocado for mayo
    Chipotle burrito bowl, sub veggies for rice or their salads are pretty good too.

Most fast food is super high on sodium so I would avoid McD's, Chick-fil-a, even Subway is really high in sodium.
  • Patovader
    Patovader Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Ham salad subway, no cheese or mayo on wheat bread, only about 260 cals!
  • miss_missa07
    Options
    I ate an Arby's Jr. Roast Beef sandwich for dinner last night, and it actually wasn't too bad for me. Only about 210 calories (without cheese, of course).
    Panera has been mentioned, and I second that.
    Keep in mind that no matter where you go for food today, the food is going to be high-sodium, so if you are watching that be careful!
  • jennyg333
    jennyg333 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I really like Livestrong.com website for checking the calories, etc. in fast food. I have three little ones, so fast food isn't something that we can avoid totally. Before I hit a drive-thru, I'll either google "low calorie items at 'Arby's' ", or go directly to Livestrong.com, and I can usually get a list of items to choose from.

You'd be surprised at how many low calorie options are out there.....you just gotta know what to order.

Keep in mind, a lunch item under 400-500 calories is a good choice, if you're spreading your calories out throughout the day.

Best wishes!
  • eliz_in_pink
    eliz_in_pink Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I get a salad from Subway... Shredded Lettuce, Shredded cheese (a little), black forest ham, banana peppers, pickles, and red onion, just a touch of oil.... 260 cals and it is VERY filling :)
  • NomNomCupcakes
    NomNomCupcakes Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Salads, salads, salads.
    And always ask if they sell bottled water so you don't have to drink the extra calories of a soda.
  • ymvestal
    Options
    Jack in the Box has a grilled chicken salad for 246 calories (without dressing), with Low Fat Balsamic Dressing add 34 calories.
  • angiedew
    Options
    Jack in the Box - grilled chicken fajita pita.
    Subway - no mayo, no cheese, no oil - add avocado in place of these for the "creamy"
    McDonalds - grilled chicken snack wrap, small fry, diet soda.
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    There are quite a few rolls that don't have as many calories like the Salmon rolls. Some rolls also have the avocado in there which is good for you too. Sushi is also quite filling!
    Sushi?

i.e. Nigiri and sashimi - california rolls and other stuff with mayo or tempura fillings can have more calories than you expect!
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    My fave to have is the KFC Grilled 1 piece breast - with side of green been and mashed potatoes - I take off the skin from the meat and ask them to hold the biscuit - it is not bad at all in calories nor sodium...
  • debnp88
    Options
    subway wraps are the best
  • DLDzioba
    DLDzioba Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Chick Fil A (Where I work) has good salads, grilled sandwiches, grilled nuggets, fruit cups and two different kinds of soups.

My suggestion is a 6 or 8 nugget grilled with a side salad with light Italian dressing.
  • DaddyofMEA
    Options
    It's been a little while, but Taco Bell has their "healthy" menu.

A single Fresco chicken burrito has 350 calories. The key to it is to only eat one. It's been enough to fill me up.

This works for me as well. I'll aslo stop and get a meal replacement smoothie which can be quite filling but be careful, you've got to watch what they put in it. I typically go to Smoothie King and get a Gladiator with two fruits, about 400 calories.
  • arkady_som
    Options
    My fallback is usually the Veggie Burger meal from Burger King. I'd get the sandwich (no mayo, ketchup or cheese... use common sense), loaded with tomato and pickles. Replace the fries with their apple fries, and a bottled water instead of a soda. It's actually not that expensive either, considering their veggie burger is Morning Star brand.

Nutritional breakdown comes down to around this (for just the sandwich):

320 calories
    1g sat. fat
    0mg cholesterol
    6g sugar
    42g carbs
    7g fat
    0g trans fat
    22g protein
    1070mg sodium
  • noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Sushi can be.
    Chipotle isn't awful for you, if you avoid the vinaigrette dressing, guacamole, and the tortillas and tortilla chips.

LOVE Chipotle! You can order a "bowl" and make them like a divine salad! And they are so big that 1 "bowl" is actually 2 meals!
  • noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Subway oven roasted chicken salads -- I LOVE these -- and get them loaded with all the veggies, omit the cheese and then ask for my dressing on the side. An entire salad has less than 300 calories (without dressing). this is actually my Friday "treat" of dining out at lunch!
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    McDonald's has a good apple cinnamon walnut oatmeal for 270 cals
  • paj315
    paj315 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I don't eat fast food very often but my go to is a Wendy's large chili. Its 310 calories and has lots of fiber due to the beans and keeps me full for a long time!
  • Edphil2
    Edphil2 Posts: 21
    Options
    Subway has good choices, also Wendy's chili is OK...just no cheese or crackers.