5'9 women. 140#?

Options
Has anyone 5'9ish (maybe give or take an inch) made it to their goal weight of 140ish? (give or take 10 pounds?)

I have my goal weight set to 160, which is on the higher end of "healthy" for us 5'9 women. The smallest I can ever remember being was 170-180ish at 15-16.

I would love to be in the middle of "healthy" instead of just barely within limits but i'm kind of worried it'll make me look sick/too thin. (Fat person in me talking? Very likely!)

Everyone in my family is tall (5'8 is the shortest- my uncle is actually 7ft tall!!!!!) but they are ALL over weight/obese and when I talk to them about my goals or "ideal weight" they freak because its under 200 pounds! "You'll look so anorexic!"

So does anyone mind sharing their 140ish# photos?

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9", unfortunately I've been too thin for quite some time (I'm trying to gain a little weight). My profile picture is 110 (too thin), so imagine that with a little extra :D
  • lts42uk
    lts42uk Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and my goal is 140lb (extras lbs from Christmas!). I was at 140lb and on maintenance in my profile pic.
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" and range from 130-135 lbs. My profile pic is at 130.
  • BeckaT79
    BeckaT79 Posts: 216
    Options
    Hi. I am 5'10" and my goal weight is 165 lbs. I think that if I got much smaller than that I would look too thin. I guess it depends on your bone structure and where you feel healthy. I want to fit into a size 10 but I am also realistic, if I feel good in a 12 that is what I will stick with. I don't know if this helps but this is your journey, ride it the way you want to :-) Good luck!!
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    About 7 years ago I was down to 144lbs (I'm 5'10") and I personally looked very ill, I have some photos on my profile, one of my face when I was about 156lbs which was better for me but I crash dieted and the weight crept back on and then some!
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft9 and my goal weight is 149lbs, That will put my BMI at 22, I'm currently (as of Jan 17th) 193 and started at 207.
  • BlueObsidian
    BlueObsidian Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that those "healthy ranges" are based on BMI and don't take body composition into account. I'm 5'8" and my goal weight is a few pounds above that range, based on the advice of my doctor and a trainer plus my own personal experience at lower weights. Why not have your body fat percentage tested? Then you could come up with a realistic and healthy goal for how you are built!
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    The smallest I can remember being is 150, back in high school and I looked great. I had no sixpack, but I was a very healthy dancer. I've always though, even as I shrunk that I couldn't get under 150 and look good but I just saw pictures of somebody elses amazing tranformation who really was the same height as me and she looks great now at 130. Her 150 pics looked like I did at 150 in high school, so now I have been shown proof there really is smaller for me! I think once I get to 150 I will have a better idea (although I am positive I want ABS!!!!!!!!!).

I'd just give it time, go for your current goal and don't worry you would look sickly. You wouldn't let yourself get there anyway :D
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10 and right under 160. I'd like to be 145 or so. Mainly because I have plenty of fat on my thighs and tummy that need to go away - more than 5 lbs worth.
  • rachel_d_b
    Options
    I'm 5' 10" and made my goal weight 150. I want a flat stomach, so this is my first goal. I'm not sure how I'll look even close to there! But we will see :)
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 8" and my goal is to get between 140 and 150. I'm getting closer.

scan0014.jpg
    009.jpg
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and currently 132. In my pic I'm about 140 give or take a few and do not look sick lol. I imagine your family suffers from a skewed perception as a result of their own weight problems so I would ignore them.
  • rebecca_d35
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and 160 (you can see what that looks like in my pic). I was 140 in college and I was very, very thin. But not at all unhealthily so. I would happily weigh that again, but it is harder now in my 30s, with two kids. I think 140 at 5'9 is a great weight (and you would find that you LOVE how you look in clothes).
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and would be happy with 175 :laugh:

I had really sexy curves at that weight and I'm trying to get off some of the excess I have now....
  • sarafil
    sarafil Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and feel I look best when I am between 135-140lb. I have a small frame, though, so that weight may not be good for others.
  • tracyruz
    Options
    I am 5'8" and have always been on the thinner side of the scale but once I hit my early 40's the weight started to slowly creep on. My goal weight is 132...I usually weighed less than that before my 40's! LOL
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8-1/2"
    my current goal wt is 160 (to get into healthy range)
    once I reach this goal I may set my goal to 145-150
    (before I gained all this weight I was around 145-150 & was happy)
  • smiles4support
    Options
    I am 5'10 myself, I am currently around 164 lbs, my GW is 155lbs set by a trainer at the gym, but if I had to stop today I'd be alright as long as I could maintain it! GOOD LUCK LADIES!!
  • NOLAdy
    NOLAdy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and my lowest (adult) weight was 130. And that was HARD to achieve. I was young and taking diet pills, not eating enough, exercising like crazy... I may have gone a little below that at one point but, I was borderline anorexic. There are people who are naturally thin and completely happy/healthy in that body, or smaller, but it's not me. My goal weight, right now, is 150. That's a very achievable, healthy, weight for me.
    Now, the toning up is a whole other story. I don't know if I have the ambition to get as toned as I once was. At this point I'll be happy just losing the weight that I gained. But, I'm a humble mom with 2 kids. We'll see.
  • Cassi1990
    Cassi1990 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for all the responses! For those that suggested I look at pictures on their profile I will do that shortly!

I do understand there are different body types and what is good for one isn't always good for the next! And I DO plan to get to 160 and go from there until I feel at my best. I was just kind of wanting some ideas. (:

Ive been told all of my life I was "big boned" but I never understood that conclusion. With all the fat I have carried around how do you determine your frame size? I DO know I have "thunder thighs" as we call them. They gain muscle very easily. My sister once told me she was jealous of my "thunder thighs" and "ghetto booty"? (I assume she was saying it was big?) LOL!

My body fat % (According to my scale- I can't really afford a gym membership or anything right now) is 48%. So my question for the lady who suggested I focus more on the body fat % then weight, what % should I aim for? (is that a stupid question? ha ha I really have no clue!)