I was running.....

Options
KaraP18
KaraP18 Posts: 145 Member
Today I ran 1.6 miles......... I ran for 20 min non stop. That is the longest and farthest I have ever ran in my life. Aww Yeah! I am sure I wont be able to walk tomorrow.lol. But right now i am feeling awesome.

Replies

• bert16
    bert16 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Enjoy your runner's high. :flowerforyou:
  • cpldjski
    cpldjski Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Good job! I have incorporated jogging intervals into my walk. I managed two minutes jogging and two minutes of walking intervals for 26 minutes today. I was proud of myself but was complaining that I don't ever think I will be able to run a mile nonstop. My husband reminded me of how far I have come since starting and I just realized that is what I have to make my next goal. Again, great job!!
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Good job!
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Fergalicious626
    Fergalicious626 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!!!! I'm so very proud of you!
  • christina_theresa
    christina_theresa Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    that's awesome!!! you should try a C25k program!! that's what I started to use. It slowly builds your endurance in running!! I did my first 5k in September and by November I ran my first 10 mile race!!!
  • EJCURRY
    EJCURRY Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I bet you'll soon find you love running. Your body can do far more than your mind thinks it can.
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    WHOHO!! Good for you!
  • Fitwam
    Fitwam Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Sweet!!! Way to go!:drinker: :drinker:
  • dorkynerd
    dorkynerd Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    well done! enjoy the runners high!
  • danapearly
    danapearly Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME!!! I can only imagine how proud you must be of yourself. I too am not a runner, but I am working on it. I am in the process of doing the Couch to 5k. Keep up the great work!!!
  • trainorgirl
    Options
    gotta love the feeling of success!!!! keep it up!!!
  • jude666
    jude666 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I know just how you feel!! Well done!!!!!!!!!! x
  • lizzue
    lizzue Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    OMG! That is aces! I did 2.4 miles none stop yesterday! With someone really pushing me and that feels soooo goood to finally achieve it. I am so happy for you. Well done! x:drinker:
  • tmthy99
    Options
    feels great right and it gets better when you do your 1st 5k and there are people cheering you on you will float over the finish line...
  • Lindsayrob
    Lindsayrob Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    You ARE awesome - well done!
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Keep it up. I remember when I hit my milestones and how awesome it felt. One day you'll hit 10 miles if you keep it up and you'll look back...

The first time I did that was a memorable day.
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    nicley done..
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!