Wearing your HRM

Options
Have you ever just worn your HRM for the heck of it? I have a job were i sit on my butt all day in front of a stupid computer and I was always just curious what i burn just sitting here!! Ha so far about 700 cals in four hours. not to shabby!

Replies

• irjeffb
    irjeffb Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I won't be explicit here, but let your imagination take you where it may...

I seriously considered wearing mine last night to see what kind of burn I was getting from our evening "exercise". I probably will at some point, but the timing just wasn't right. :)
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Haha! yeah that would be interesting!!
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I only wear my HRM when I am actually exercising because I consider everything else I do every day to be part of my activity level, lightly active.
    Every few weeks you will see someone who wears it during sex, but I consider that as part of life!
  • adhillman01
    Options
    HRM don't work that way, the equations they use to calculate calories don't work without an elevated heart rate. You're not going to get an accurate calorie reading unless you're doing steady state cardio. At the rate you're going you'd be getting a 4000 calorie burn for the day. Sorry. In order to get a more accurate all day burn you need a body media fit or body bugg.
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Not sure this is right hun. How would you burn 700 calories just sitting there? Unless you were doing in-your-chair-cardio :smile:
  • anulle2009
    Options
    I was just curious to see. I am not going to log it at all because I figured it as regular day cal burn. the only time i log odd things is when i Mow the law, shovel snow or rake leaves. I don't log cleaning or sex or anything like that. and also i burned 700 cals after 5 hours, which seem alright for me.my heart rate has been consistent at about 88-90
  • anulle2009
    Options
    HRM don't work that way, the equations they use to calculate calories don't work without an elevated heart rate. You're not going to get an accurate calorie reading unless you're doing steady state cardio. At the rate you're going you'd be getting a 4000 calorie burn for the day. Sorry. In order to get a more accurate all day burn you need a body media fit or body bugg.

Ill have to look into that!!
  • DEEDLYNN
    DEEDLYNN Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I have the Body Bugg and I'm suppose to wear it 23 hours a day, yes...even when I sleep. I like how it breaks the day down for me, showing me just how sedentary some parts of the day can be...so I can be aware and at least try to walk a little more or something.