Are you becoming obsessive?

Options

Replies

• AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I am totally obsessed with watching what I eat. My co-workers ask me all the time how many calories are in this or that. Be careful, or you will soon find yourself showing someone an awesome butt exercise in a crowded bar. Yea... I did that! LOL

Been there already! Wasn't in a bar, but it was in the middle of a busy parking lot :laugh:
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I have been totally obsessive since I started in Late May, this is my weapon for losing weight. I was telling everyone at first, and noboday was taking me seriously. NOW, when the results are showing, I am getting asked, how did I lose so much so fast, and how they wish they could also. I tell them, 1. join MFP and use it, 2, move more, and 3 eat less.

Good luck on your journery!!!
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I am more obsessed with my own food intake and excercise rather than others. But its contagious...got my husband and daughter eating healthy now too. Probably because I do all the cooking! lol But being Obsessed...YES i am....but I feel like thats the only way you can get anywhere with loosing weight!
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    This is because you are learning new things and want others to know as well but...perhaps you would soon learn not to overtell others about calories or else they would start getting irritated.

I try to contain it, that's why I like this place. Like a boiled egg has STUPID calories. like 150 or something, for ONE egg. :grumble:

A hard boiled egg doesn't have 150 calories, I have one almost every morning, it's more like half that. And it's great that you're so interested in keeping track and maintaining, but as others have mentioned, you may want to keep someo f it to yourself. It can rub others the wrong way and sometimes come across as judgemental.

Best of luck to you.
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Just saw this a couple of days ago... thought you might enjoy it. :happy:

"Obsessed is the word the lazy use to describe the dedicated"

Stay obsessed girl!
  • eeebee
    eeebee Posts: 471 Member
    Options

I try to contain it, that's why I like this place. Like a boiled egg has STUPID calories. like 150 or something, for ONE egg. :grumble:

no no no no, don't be going thinking eggs are bad!! They have 70 for one egg and they are brilliant for quick breakfast, super healthy lunch or anything. Good calories vs bad calories.

Sorry I'm a huge egg lover!!! And totally know what you mean by calorie know how. I like to watch others eat. But don't tell anyone!!

:drinker:

I'm a egg-head too, I love them, can't get enough of them.

I eat on average 4 boiled eggs a day (usually the whites only - to keep fat level to a minimum) and allow myself a couple of whole eggs on the weekend. Yolks n all.

Just today I put as my status: Checking in on MFP several times a day now. For me, it's overtaken FB!
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Just saw this a couple of days ago... thought you might enjoy it. :happy:

"Obsessed is the word the lazy use to describe the dedicated"

Stay obsessed girl!

Love this!
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    A little bit. My fiancee laughs at me sometimes for the amount of time I spend on here or planning meals
  • noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I watch my intake carefully but don't find myself snubbing what others are eating because they may not have the weight struggles I do and may be perfectly healthy. Also, that may be the 1 time they are eating out of the norm for them too -- to each his/her own!
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    one place i do work for is obssessed as i am when it comes to eating healthy and working out ..another place -- nursing home is about as unhealthy as you can get ..i think im the only one who pays attention to what i eat and who works out ..go figure being in a nursing home.. however i do say stuff at the nursing home hoping one day itll stick to someone.. i have also referred this website to a ton of folks ..i have no clue if anyone is using it but at least i know i did my part. i just found out about MFP this year and i love it
  • LinBin2012
    Options
    I wouldn't say that is a bad thing! You are more aware of what you are eating, which isn't bad!

i agree
  • tinalatina
    Options
    This is because you are learning new things and want others to know as well but...perhaps you would soon learn not to overtell others about calories or else they would start getting irritated.

A hard boiled egg doesn't have 150 calories, I have one almost every morning, it's more like half that. And it's great that you're so interested in keeping track and maintaining, but as others have mentioned, you may want to keep someo f it to yourself. It can rub others the wrong way and sometimes come across as judgemental.

Best of luck to you.

omg boiled eggs dont have 150 cals! I eat one everyday too. 2 = 140 its easy to miscalculate things on here
  • eeebee
    eeebee Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I watch my intake carefully but don't find myself snubbing what others are eating because they may not have the weight struggles I do and may be perfectly healthy. Also, that may be the 1 time they are eating out of the norm for them too -- to each his/her own!

I definitely agree!
  • tinalatina
    Options

I definitely agree!

true true...you can judge others diaries....
  • techigirl78
    techigirl78 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I don't really yell or say much about what other people eat. It is their choice. Most people support me that I am logging my food and exercise, even though they sometimes joke with me about always logging my food in my phone when I eat. If I tell them how much calories something is in the food we are eating or other options on the menu, they will chat about it for a minute or so. However, I don't spend all my time talking about it or say much to others. If they are healthy, no need to comment. If they are obese, they will get to the point they are motivated themselves.

BTW - Yolks are the real bad part calorie wise, not the whole egg. Remove that and you are down to about 17 calories. So, you can have almost 9 hard boiled egg whites for 150 calories. ;)
  • BanjoKd
    BanjoKd Posts: 150
    Options
    Girl i don't the time to worry about anyone else. It's all i can do to pay attention to myself. But i did notice my girlfriend eating my veggies that i bought instead of her crap food...lol. Only becasue now i gotta go back to the store grumble.
  • BanjoKd
    BanjoKd Posts: 150
    Options
    One day in the lounge i was eating goat cheese and celery for lunch. The girl next to me says "What is that? You always eat the weirdest stuff." As she was eating a nasty *kitten* cheeseburger and fries from the cafeteria...lol
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Girl i don't the time to worry about anyone else. It's all i can do to pay attention to myself. But i did notice my girlfriend eating my veggies that i bought instead of her crap food...lol. Only becasue now i gotta go back to the store grumble.

After months of hearing my obsessed ramblings about calories, etc that I was learning about, my hubby has started, very quietly so as not to bring attention to himself (lol), eating similar things to mine... and told me today that's he's down 8 lbs... gotta love it!
  • ronanoo
    ronanoo Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    A lil bit obsessed! but mainly just wanting to keep track of calories and exercise and i like order dammit! i keep track of films im watching in cinema in 2012 too.
  • ClioGayton
    ClioGayton Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Once you realize that no ones going to listen to your advice anyway, you'll learn to keep things to yourself and be a lot happier.

Give it a few months, you'll be as jaded as me in no time.

Soo true. Its great for us but others don't wanna hear it, it'll just p*ss them off lol!