1/4 cup warm water
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cocoa
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
nonstick cooking spray

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, whip the egg whites with an electri cmixer until they become thick. Do not use a plastic bowl for this.
3. Add 1 cup sugar to the egg whites & continue to beat until the mixture forms soft peaks.
4. To the egg white & sugar mixture, add the corn syrup, shortening, chocolate syrup, fudge topping, water, & vanilla.
5. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, salt & baking soda.
6. While beating the wet mixture, slowl add the dry mixture.
7. Lighty grease a 9x13 pan with a light coating of nonstick cooking spray. Be sure to coat the sides as well as the bottom of the pan. Add 2 tbsp of the remaining sugar into the add, then tilt & shake the pan so you have a light layer of sugar coating the entire bottom & halfway up sides of pan. Pout out the excess sugar.
8.Pour the batter into the pan, spreading it evenly around the inside. It will be thick. Sprinkle the other 2 tbsp of sugar over the entire top surface of the batter. Gently shake the pan to evenly distuibute the sugar over the batter. Bake for 25 - 28 minutes or until the cake begins to pull away from the sides of the pan.
9. Remove the cake from the oven & let cool. Cut into 32 pieces (or how every many you want). Store in airtight container or resealable plastic bag. Or in your belly. :)

**** I cut mine into 32 bars and each one was 90 calories & 1.5 grams of fat.

(If I knew how to post a picture, I would. I'll try and see what happens.)

Replies