High protein, high veg but low carb meals

Options
Ahluvly
Ahluvly Posts: 389 Member
Hi there,

I'm under the care of a nutritionist and, I'm either having 1/3 protein with 2/3 veg for my evening meals OR 1/4 protein, 1/4 complex carbs and 2/4 veg for the next two weeks!

I'm eating out tomorrow night at a shopping mall in England which has the usual restaurant chains. Can anyone suggest somewhere that would cater for either of the above meals?!

Thanks,
Sarah

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Anywhere that has a grilled chicken salad
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Bump, I'd be interested in the responses here!xx
  • Ahluvly
    Options
    Aye me too! I'm living on salads, omelettes and soups for lunch so I wanted to have something NICER for my tea since I'm eating out! I could be ordering a steak at this rate I reckon lol
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm eating out tomorrow night at a shopping mall in England which has the usual restaurant chains. Can anyone suggest somewhere that would cater for either of the above meals?!

You should be capable of going anywhere - its all up to you and making the decisions on what you plan on ordering.

Im under an Endo's care via Low-carb and I have never had a problem dining out.... most places will even cater to specific dietary styles or food allergy accomodations...

If they want your business, they will adapt... otherwise another competitor will have your business....
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    My fave is non breaded wings(4-6) and a raw veggie platter. Most pubs serve that kind of thing...at least around here.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Aye me too! I'm living on salads, omelettes and soups for lunch so I wanted to have something NICER for my tea since I'm eating out! I could be ordering a steak at this rate I reckon lol

Could you do a steak with a side salad or steamed veggies?
  • KPaden1221
    Options
    Steak with mushrooms and onions, veggies, and a side salad! DELISH!
  • Ahluvly
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! I think I'm going to for a steak...I'm not used to eating low carb and high protein so we'll see how that pans out! :)
  • cyfairslam
    cyfairslam Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I get taken out to lunch quite a bit by vendors and a number in our group are on high protein - low carb diets.

Our favorite place is a seafood resturant where we order :

cold boiled shrimp for appetizer
    fish with some type of topping
    sauted spinach or grilled vegetables