Today is the start of my Fitness Pal Journey!

Options
I am so excited to start this journey and loss the thirty lbs. I have been trying to lose for years. I am a mother and wife and it seems I am always doing for everyone else and not focusing on my needs. I have tried various diets (including Weight Watchers) but I don't like meetings, buying special foods or paying a membership fee. I look forward to losing my wieght while becoming "Pals" with the Fitness Pal Community. Ready, Set, Here I go!

Replies

• Sackit
    Sackit Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am also new and found this quite addicting while being such a positive thing in my life. :flowerforyou:
  • ttwsweet
    Options
    Well welcome!! Enjoy the journey! And the support!!! :)
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Hi & welcome! This site is an excellent resource. Counting calories really works! And, if you get too hungry on your set amount, workout hard & you earn more calories to eat. :) I'm also a mother who has 30 lbs. to lose. Good luck with your journey. You can do it!
  • MSPINKDESIRE
    Options
    Welcome! I'm also new to this site. Good luck on your journey! :o)
  • Get_My_Mojo_Back
    Options
    You'll find out quick that tracking your food well help you realize all the empty calories you are consuming. This recognition can be 5 pounds easy...good luck on your journey
  • aliciawakka
    aliciawakka Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Welcome :) I started this group about 3weeks ago and lost 7lbs since :D. It really does help with the counting the calories and logging in food and exercise. I finally found what i have been looking for in MFP and i am thoroughly enjoying it! Everyone is uber friendly too! If i miss a day or half a day logging in i just start again the next day with no one to shout at me! haha. Hope you enjoy mfp and feel free to add me as a friend :D.. i have about 50lbs i wish to lose but will settle for 30lbs as my trget at the moment !
  • MrsShipp
    Options
    Welcome and Good Luck!
  • StarIsMoving
    Options
    Congrats on making a step in the right direction and wish you much luck :)
  • ryckryck
    ryckryck Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Today is my first day with Fitness Pal. So far so good. I've enjoyed the control it's given me.
  • neclar
    neclar Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Welcome !! this place is great. and you'll get alot of support . everyone has the same goal, Healthy weight loss. it's soo cool. Good luck.
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Welcome.
  • adaffern
    adaffern Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I love the support from my MFP friends. You can always count on getting an encouraging word from someone! Good luck on your journey!
  • MummyOfSeven
    MummyOfSeven Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Today is my 200th day, I've never missed one.
    I've lost 20 lb so far and have another 60 lb to go.
    It's slow going sometimes, but it IS worth the effort.

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • djmullins
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you! I've been using MFP since last January and I'm almost to my goal of losing 100 big ones! I plan to use it indefinitely to keep myself on track.
  • pecanpiej
    Options
    I just found this app today and am excited about using it on a daily basis. I am gong on a trip soon with a whole class of eighth graders and want to have enough energy to stay up with them. Plus I think it will make me a healthier person. It is so hard to get the weight off, but I have done it before and now I want to do it again......permanently.:happy:
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Welcome! So far, I am having success with MFP. It's great to have people who support you in yoru journey, and they are virtually here whenever you need it!

So far, counting calories has by far been the easiest way to lose weight for me. I've done WW, and while sucessful before, I hate tracking points on a piece of paper. Doing it on the computer is so much easier! I love how you can change goals for yourself, etc.

So welcome! Feel free to add me as a friend if you want - I am also a Mom of 2, my starting goal was a loss of 28 pounds when I joined in December, but been working at this since Jan. :)
  • pecanpiej
    Options
    That is so encouraging!
  • ninasexy
    ninasexy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    New to the site........alot of motivation going on here. hope i lose weight like every other member............
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    this site is wonderful for all kinds of support, knowledge and general friendships.. Good luck on your journey...
  • bgmk78
    bgmk78 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm new today, too. Seems like a great way to track caloric intake and exercise (or lack thereof). Wish everybody luck. Any tips or tricks are welcome.