**Curious** Small/Mini Goals and Rewards??

Options
Reka2011
Reka2011 Posts: 134 Member
Hey everyone, I am curious to know who has any small or mini goals that they strive to reach and if so what are your rewards? I was thinking that I give my self some mini goals to reach but have not figured out what the rewards will be. Please share!

Replies

• nashai01
    nashai01 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    My mini goal is to just make sure to get at least 45 min of exercise 6 days a week. My reward is to do something special for myself. Something rewarding could be getting my hair done, buying a new shirt, spa day, or etc. I used to reward myself with a cheat meal. I’m trying to stop that lol
  • ChristaMcC
    Options
    I've got 80 lbs to lose so I set 15 lb goals. My first reward is only 0.6 lbs away and when I hit that I will purchase a new sports bra. After 30 lbs comes off I will get all new workout gear. after 45 lbs I will be purchasing an inflatable kayak. after 75 lbs I want to get myself a denim jacket.
    Think of things that you want or need and work towards that. Don't give in until you have reached those goals. I could easily go buy myself these things now, but I want to earn them and by earning them I will need a smaller size ;)
  • luckyCDR
    luckyCDR Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm only doing weight mini-goals so far. I have 75 lbs to lose.

Once I lose my first 10 lbs, I'm going to treat myself to new running shoes. Mine are horrible!

Each time I reach 10 lbs lost, I'm doing to set up a new reward at that time. And make the 50 lbs mark a BIG one!

Good luck!
  • Reka2011
    Options
    Thank you all for the wonderful ideas!! I was thinking that I would start with a 10lb goal and then up it to 15lbs and then 10lbs (because I'm sure it will start to become harder for the lbs to drop). But I do agree with the new running shoes because mine are horrible as well. Im actually not sure when the last time was that I even purchased tennis shoes, smh. I'm actually thinking high school which was 10 years ago, how sad!!
  • mrdalton
    Options
    I reward myself for every 10 pounds lost. So far I have bought new shoes, a jewelry chest and a hour massage. I may start getting a massage every 5 and and a big reward every 10. My next reward is going to be a braclet with a motivational saying to remind me how worth it I am. Hardest part for me is not rewarding myself with food.
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    One of my best friends and I are doing this together. We set up monthly goals that aren't really weight based-more preserverance based. For sticking with it for a month, we had a night out dancing. For February, we did set a small weight goal. Since we are trying to figure out how quickly we can lose weight the "goals" are going to shift to perhaps inches or staying under calorie goal for so many days. The February reward is a night out to a hockey game with our husbands. And for our first BIG reward (for sticking with the program for three months) we are getting makeovers-haircuts/color and a shopping day with just the girls. Even if we haven't lost a ton of weight or dropped sizes, we plan to use the "shopping" as a way to motivate ourselves, too. If we see a bathing suit we want for the summer, we will be motivated to keep at it so we can wear it with pride. We have rewards like this set up through July 4. It is totally giving us something to work toward and a way to cheer each other on.
  • Reka2011
    Options
    Great ideas so far! Thanks!
  • torriesummers
    torriesummers Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just rewarded myself with a back massage, sooo awesome after several days of intense workouts! You won't be dissapointed in this reward and it gets you pumped to get back in the gym and get those muscles sore again!
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Ok, I've thought about the mini goal thing, which I definately set mini goals...I don't really set mini rewards though. I probably should.

I think my main "rewards" that I have in mind is each pant size I go down, I have more clothing options to wear! LOL

I'm gonna read through for reward ideas because I most definately have mini goals.
  • ojell
    Options
    I reward myself for every 10 pounds lost. So far I have bought new shoes, a jewelry chest and a hour massage. I may start getting a massage every 5 and and a big reward every 10. My next reward is going to be a braclet with a motivational saying to remind me how worth it I am. Hardest part for me is not rewarding myself with food.

Oohl! I like the reminder bracelet! That's AWESOME! And I know what you mean about the food rewards....GRRR!

I should make mine a massage just cause I've been wanting one. Maybe I'll make that my next 10lb goal...that's motivational for me cause I would reeeeeally like to have one! hehe
  • Reka2011
    Options
    Ive been wanting a massage too..maybe i need to make that one of mine!
  • Jenner22
    Jenner22 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    As corny as it sounds.. one of my first mini goals/rewards is to fit into my favorite pair of jeans =)
  • minuet42
    Options
    I have a hundred pounds to lose, and have rewards set every ten pounds - like this week i get to redeem a massage certificate, 20 is getting my hair colored. When I hit thirty pounds I'm allowed to play a video game that I had already pre-ordered, 100 is a new tv - something I've been wanting for a while, and if I keep it all off for six months, I'm getting a beautiful new chair. The hardest part for me was finding good motivators - things that will make me want to push through to the next level (not a jewelry wearer, and my other resolution this year was to pare down all my Stuff). I also didn't want to limit my options - I know someone said they were giving themselves new shoes, but I knew that if I didn't have good solid shoes, I wouldn't work out the way I need to, I'd be whining about how my feet hurt instead.

I have also decided that once I start not fitting into clothes, I can buy one new item (otherwise borrowing from friends and ransacking the few skinny clothes I have boxed up).
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I haven't set any rewards, just little mini weight goals. I do them in 5-6 pound increments for the most part, I work better with small goals! For example, if your weight is 180, first goal is 175, second goal is 169 and so on and so forth.

I do tend to have a day where I might eat above my calories, but I don't look at is as a reward.
  • aallison0507
    Options
    I received some gift certificates to a day spa. I told myself I would hold onto them until I hit 250 lbs and then I would use them. I have 10 lbs to go :)
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    When I hit 10 lbs down, I will buy a really nice fitting pair of pants, or new workout capris.

When I am 15 lbs down, I will treat myself to a pedicure.

When I am 20 pounds down, I will buy a DRESS. Hopefully in time for Vegas trip!

When I am 25 pounds down, I will buy new clothes... I'll probably need them!

When I am down all 50 pounds... I am going to get a new tattoo!
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I really should set some mini-goals! Since my goals is to lose 20 pounds, my first reward (after losing 10 pounds) will be a watch that monitors heart rate and calories burned. Yeah, that's a good one! :smile: Thanks for the suggestions!
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    If I lose a hundred pounds my dad is going to pay off my 18,000 dollar student loan
  • minuet42
    Options
    I am jealous - that is AWESOME! Good luck!
  • ojell
    Options
    As corny as it sounds.. one of my first mini goals/rewards is to fit into my favorite pair of jeans =)

That's not corny. This is basically my goal as well!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!