**Curious** Small/Mini Goals and Rewards??

Options

Replies

• kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    My rewards are things like pedicures, new outfit, or new running gear stuff that will motivate me to get to the new goal. I have bought dresses 2 sizes smaller and the reward was a night out when I fit in them. things like that. Its time for a new smaller dress I think just need to find the right one.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I reward myself with something every week for sticking with the Jamie Eason Livefit Trainer, a 12 week plan.
    Rewards: good makeup/foundation, black boots, new swimsuit, facial, massage, mani/pedi, spray tan, boudoir photos, then Cozumel (I mean, the tickets are bought so I am going even if I don't stick to the plan, but it feels like I am earning it) I have completed every day of workouts so far.
    I get a lot of specials on groupon, living social, weekly plus, urban dealight-seriously, I have an addiction, but they are a great way to get massages, facials, haircuts and other rewards super cheap.
    sometimes it seems like a lot with my weekly rewards but it's not too bad since now I am in the gym instead of at happy hour and saving money anyway:)
  • 40thistime
    Options
    Like your strategy!
  • jhehle
    jhehle Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    If I lose a hundred pounds my dad is going to pay off my 18,000 dollar student loan

that is awesome!! Good luck to you and all the best!
  • brittanyartist
    brittanyartist Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If I lose a hundred pounds my dad is going to pay off my 18,000 dollar student loan

I'd be eating salads and running everywhere!!! haha that's amazing!
  • Jenner22
    Jenner22 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    As corny as it sounds.. one of my first mini goals/rewards is to fit into my favorite pair of jeans =)

That's not corny. This is basically my goal as well!

Thank you and good luck to you! I know how important those damn pants are!
  • KZDew
    KZDew Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So far, my goals are set for 25 lbs. and if it doesn't keep me motivated, I'll shorten the amount. They are kinda shallow ones. Lol like my first one is makeup. 2nd one is hair. 3rd one is shellac nails and the 4th one is tanning!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Sarahbear, that is one of the best rewards ever! I had my grandfather and my stepdad both offer me money to lose 100 lbs and keep it off for a year, but I just wasn't focused at the time. My grandfather passed away a few years ago, but I think he can still see what I've accomplished so far. :smile:

I had never set goals for myself until recently. I did it in10% increments, so when I get to 210 I get new sneakers, at 189 I get new heavier weights to use for my next goal at 170, which is ChaLEAN Extreme. Final goal will be new clothes because I have nothing smaller than a 14 in my closet!
  • 1953Judith
    1953Judith Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Sarahbear, give your dad a big hug! Do it and let us know if you succeed.

My mini rewards have been in the athletic accessory area -- gloves for body pump, cute exercise bra, etc. I just got back from my huge reward for moving from obese to overweight. I went with a friend to Costa Rica (thanks to my very supportive husband). I could do some many active things that would not have been possible for me a few years ago, incredible psychic reward to climb mountains, do ocean kayaking, etc.
  • Reka2011
    Reka2011 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Awesome ideas!!! Thanks everyone for your responses so far!!! Good luck to all of you on your journey! We can do it and we WILL do it!! Keep up the hard work and continue to praise yourself for the hard work you have done!
  • MrsSullivan08
    MrsSullivan08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options

When I am down all 50 pounds... I am going to get a new tattoo!

LOVE this idea!! I have 44lbs to lose as my MAIN goal, and I have 4 tattoos already and that would be all the more reason to continue because I want some fresh ink and have for awhile now!
  • Grinnix
    Grinnix Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have never had my hair colored, so when I get to 165 lbs I am going to get highlights and a new cut. I haven't made any other goals....but have been trying to think of an idea.
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    my reward is pretty much knowing i made my mini goal.. i treat myself to things all the time so i cant think of a reward that would provoke me to meet my goal.. im into challenges so i challenge myself all the time.. gloating that i did it is as good a reward as any for me
  • ncw89
    ncw89 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm setting myself goals at every 5lb loss. I've only recently decided this so I have a backlog haha :) For each 5lb loss I'll put £10 away somewhere. At some point, I'm going to *need*, like, really NEED new clothes haha :D So then I'll have a fund aside to get a small number of things with. I'm a student so I can't afford to toss everything out and start afresh but I hope that by doing it this way the £10 here and there won't be missed too much and I can then get a reasonable number of decent new clothes as my final goal reward :D
  • newlaura30
    Options
    i have lots to loose so definetly have too set little goals gonna have to think about this for a while:smile:
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    This is something I need to do as well... set up small goals with rewards fitting to each step of the way! Great ideas, thanks!
  • fkbourne
    fkbourne Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This topic has totally motivated me. I know I have heard it a million times to set mini goals and I suppose I laughed it off. But you all have made me really think about it so I set mini goals ( just now!) at 5 pound increments and if it all goes as planned (one day at a time of course) I will be at or below my goal weight this time next year. That used to seem like a dumb idea....losing weight slowly I mean....I want quick results! That has gotten me nowhere...possibly even worse off. So I am going to settle into this idea of losing it slowly by making as many good choices as possible and moving more and more every day!!! Thank you for helping motivate me!

PS Another helpful tool I found besides MFP is Golds Gym weight loss tracker and guide, It comes with a measuring tape and calculator. ( sometimes I have to write things on pen and paper to make them more real) and it has some reasonable ideas for meals for 8 weeks, not all that expensive, hard to find, unpalatable stuff in other "diet books".
  • Mkristinek
    Options
    Tanning subscription for first 10 lost. Bathing suit when I hit another 10!! Don't know how I'll reward for the last 10 yet!
  • Rielyn
    Rielyn Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    When I lose another 22 pounds I'm buying a pair of lululemon pants!!
  • Reka2011
    Reka2011 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Really good ideas thus far!! I have really been wanting the FitBit so I think when I lose another 10lbs, I am going to buy me one of those. I had come up with the idea of setting goal deadlines, as in 10lb by middle of Feb, 15 by middle of March and another 10lb by my birthday which is April 20th. That would be a 35lb loss but I think I may rethink that. What is everyone elses thoughts on that?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!