Exercise calories?

Options
I wanna know how this helps me lose weight....

I thought people exercise to LOWER calorie intake so that you burn more calories a day than u eat. how does eating them back help at all? I can see it helping maintain weight but not losing it.

Replies

• blackbeltfairy
    Options
    From what I gather, you're not maintaining when you eat back your exercise calories.

For me, for instance, my BMR is about 1900 cals. I'm supposed to take in 1400 cals a day. That gives me a deficit of 500 with absolutely no exercise. If I exercised and burned 300 calories, I'd have an 800 calorie deficit, which puts me at risk for going into "starvation mode", which will cause my body to store every ounce of energy it can.

So you're not maintaining, so long as you have your proper weight loss programmed in. You're still losing, just not as fast. It is healthier, though!

(Took me a while to get this, too)
  • rockchic9382
    Options
    Also, when you input all your info it automatically accounts for your calorie defecit. So you're not eating back all the calories you burn.
  • karissastephens
    karissastephens Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    okay I read all the info on Exercise calories but still am wondering......If I dont eat my exercise calories....How is my body going into starvation or "survival" mode if im not even hungry.
  • BONITATEJANA
    Options
    okay I read all the info on Exercise calories but still am wondering......If I dont eat my exercise calories....How is my body going into starvation or "survival" mode if im not even hungry.

I' m with you on this question, cause I eat a limited amount of food, not even the 1200 calories I'm able to eat, and excerise out about 700 calories out a day, and it is working for me I'm not hungry or getting sick?
  • karissastephens
    karissastephens Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    ya me too! Someone Answer! :tongue: