Anyone Else Feeling the COLD More since Losing?

Options
123457»

Replies

• jessicart77
    Options
    YES!!!! I'm always cold now too! I've been trying to figure it out and didnt even think about the weight loss. I've lost 5 lbs now but it could certainly explain it.
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    My hands and feet are like ice-cold!
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    absolutely!
    This is the first winter i have been basically a normal size (not obese) and though it is the mildest winter we've had for many many years, i have been so cold all winter i feel like i must have moved to the north pole or something!

The plus side of being cold but thinner is that at least THIS year i CAN easily wear lots of layers of clothing (to stay warm now) without feeling like a blimp! *LOL*
  • gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I'm always cold, no matter how much I weigh!!! I swear I should live in Florida instead of Pennsylvania!!!!!!:bigsmile:

Ditto. Except I live in the DC metro area

same here and i'm in the middle of Texas! anything below 70 is to cold for me...:laugh:
  • tnvolsfan74
    tnvolsfan74 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Oh absolutely! I was never cold before I lost weight. Now, I am never warm....ever!!
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I'm freezing! I just can't get warm without layers on! I only lost about 20 lbs, I didn't think it would make that much difference

ME EITHER. I also lost a 1/2 a shoe size, even though my shoe size NEVER changed before, even after having 2 kids and gaining / losing 70 lbs. with each one! So odd...
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Wow - glad to know I am not the only one. I am always complaining as well and my husband joked that it was because I had lost weight. I didn't think much of it but it really does make sense. Now I am always in layers. Hopefully that will mean I won't be so hot and miserable this summer :)

speaking from experience of being a LOT lighter last summer myself, YES!.. the reverse side of being colder in the winter is that the summer heat is suddenly far far easier to cope with *S*
  • ginareejoy
    ginareejoy Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yup! Always chilly now! So funny :)
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I lost 32 pounds since last winter and swear I am just FROZEN because of the weight loss! I live in Ca and keep my thermostat at 68 as always! I can hardly stand it! The only relief is when I am in the car, Cody my trusty sidekick JR mix rides shotgun or stands lookout on the center console. I often look back at him and find him panting because I have the heater on full blast all the time! I take pity on him and open his back windows so he can get some cold air in!
  • deb54
    deb54 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Yeeeeees !!! I have lost 60 pounds and am freezing ALL the time ... Especially fingers and toes !!! I live in INDIANA so we are having some very cold weather !!! BBBRRRRRRR !!! LOL
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I definately feel the cold more, have taken to wearing neck scarves a lot. Keeping the back of my neck warm helps bunches! Thank goodness they are fashionable LOL. I also discovered since working only part time that my DH keeps the house WAY TOO COOL, I am always turning up the heat.