Runner from GA :)

Options
Hi! I'm Amber. I started my diet on June 5th and I have currently lost 35 pounds. :) I still have 15 pounds to lose. I love working out. I weight train 4 days a week, and I am training for a half marathon.

Replies

• sarabeth120
    sarabeth120 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm also from Georgia. What part of Georgia are you from? I'm from Roswell.

I think it's great that you've lost 35 pounds already; good luck with the last 15 pounds! :)

You're training for a half marathon? That's really awesome! Good luck with that too.
  • reeves0205
    reeves0205 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I live in Gainesville. :) Thank you so much! Congrats on losing 7 pounds! It is so hard to lose weight! What are you doing to lose weight?
  • sarabeth120
    Options
    Thank you! :)

I've just been eating healthier (or at least trying... it's kind of hard since I can't always resist the temptation) and exercising two to three times a week. I also use a pedometer to measure how many steps I take and how many calories I burn per day just by walking. It's amazing to see how many calories I burn just by going about my daily business.
  • reeves0205
    Options
    I am trying to do a 1200 caloried diet and I mess up ALL the time! Haha! I am a junk food junkie. I love cheeseburgers, fries, and sweets. Sometimes, I just gotta have them! :\

Thats great! I used to have a pedometer but I threw it away because I never used it. It would be neat to have one now. What I would really like is a heart rate monitor! Haha!

You are doing a great job!!! Good luck!
  • sarabeth120
    Options
    Yea, I have a hard time not going over 1200 calories per day too. It's so hard!! I can do pretty well until I see chocolate than I'm a complete goner! Chocolate is really my one weakness. :) I have to keep it out of the house; otherwise, I would never be able resist it.

And, I love my pedometer. I don't think I could ever live without it! Though, I do want a heart rate monitor too.

Good luck to you too. :)
  • simplyblessed5
    simplyblessed5 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    welcome! I'm from Loganville but used to live in Gainesville (Murrayville actually!) Nice to see you here :)
  • reeves0205
    Options
    Hi!!! I do some of my grocery shopping in Murrayville! :) Thanks for the welcome! :)