Dukan Diet

Options
2»

Replies

• Jo2926
    Jo2926 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I did really well on the cruise phase before christmas, but since Jan I have not been sticking to Ducan as much. I try and do PV days every day - I do a PP once a week at most. This is just because I'm happier with a slower weight loss, and I missed my veg!

Of course, at the minute my house is full of chocolate cake, so I simply cannot resist!
  • bittybooh
    bittybooh Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    BittyBooh are you having success then?? How long did you do the diet and have you done all four stages?? TY! V

Sorry, just seeing this today...

Yes, absolutely I am having success. I am in the cruise phase, and have 21 pounds left to lose. I started needing to lose 76 pounds. I started in July of 2011, and it has been a steady rate of loss with the exception of a plateau of almost a month, but since then I have lost an additional 10 pounds. I am not a weight lifter, but I do try to exercise fairly regularly, and I have never been tired or become fatigued while exercising. I have found this to be very easy to follow, with minimal restrictions. I did not eat alot of carbs prior to starting this diet, so it didn't seem as daunting to me. Please feel free to message me or add me, I would love to hear how you are doing!
  • olinka1981
    Options
    Hello everybody,

thank you very much for all the info.
    I started DD sometimes in November, but very soon I was very tired, moody,...
    Than my husband asked me to not to continue because I was becoming miserable.

My biggest problem is that I love all the carbs in every possible way - bread is the best, it's easy to fix any meal.
    And I also love fruit.
    So lot of sugar, sugar, sugar, sugar,......
  • kylabest
    Options
    I started Dukan last Wednesday and I have lost 6.6 pounds so far. I'm loving it! I don't have that many cravings and I easily steer myself away from them. I have definitely noticed I am not hungry that often and need to make sure i eat.

my only problem is the oat bran...i just have a hard time consuming it. I've been adding it to yogurt, but yogurt makes me gag and generally takes me over an hour to eat. any ideas on how I could fix the oat bran?
  • joannaengel
    Options
    I did the Dukan Diet this summer....... I lost about 15 lbs and it put me in the hospital with kidney stones (per the ER doctor this was the cause - because I disclosed that's what I was doing) - I have never had any kidney stones or urinary problems of ANY kind - no health problems actually - so it makes sense.

This! It also gave me a kidney stone and that's why I quit.
  • Akijade
    Akijade Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I am thinking of the dukan diet, but its driving me crazy that I have to give up alcohol ( especially wine :()! My question is do you still count your daily calorie intake?!

No alcohol? Pass.
  • kford12
    kford12 Posts: 112
    Options
    I started Dukan last Wednesday and I have lost 6.6 pounds so far. I'm loving it! I don't have that many cravings and I easily steer myself away from them. I have definitely noticed I am not hungry that often and need to make sure i eat.

my only problem is the oat bran...i just have a hard time consuming it. I've been adding it to yogurt, but yogurt makes me gag and generally takes me over an hour to eat. any ideas on how I could fix the oat bran?

I used to do a lot of oat bran pancakes...

The staple pancake is:
    2 tbsp oat bran
    2 tbsp of fromage frais
    1 egg

Then have a play with that -
    Sweet pancakes - mix in some sweetener and have with a little maple syrup, low fat squirty cream or sugar free jelly
    Savoury - Add onion or garlic powder or a little Marmite and have with some cheese

:)
  • Tiff1124
    Tiff1124 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    A co-worker was actually talking to me about this today. She has been on it for about a month now and has lost 17 lbs. While I am happy for her, that just doesn't seem healthy to me. You are missing out on a lot of vitamins and nutrients that your body needs. I'm always skeptical about these "fad" diets anyway..but losing that much weight is tempting..lol