Should we go to Mexico?

Options
2»

Replies

• aochoa123
    aochoa123 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    My husband if from Mexico and he just went for a visit in December. You do have to be careful. His dad lives in DF(Mexico City). If you go I suggest taking nothing of value with you nothing to draw attention.
  • DQMD
    DQMD Posts: 193
    Options
    Go and have fun. I haven't gotten any recent warnings from my place of employment.

Use some common sense if you leave the resort.

No dark alley's

IF you go out at night take cabs, don't walk.

I have gone to Cozumel by myself and been fine. I stay at the nice resorts and make friends with the concerige. I also use common sense.
  • chulie
    chulie Posts: 282
    Options
    We're going to the Mayan in the end of February with my whole family..mom,dad,sister,their kids us and my 9 month of daughter.....honestly, I am not worried at all..Like someone said. The media LOVE to blow this stuff up. If we lived our lives in fear, really, any one of us could get killed in our cars at any given moment....just go and enjoy...and dont buy drugs! hahaha..
  • admanMike
    admanMike Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Cancun is my favorite place on earth. Been there several times, most recently last May. Was in Playa Del Carmon as well. Beautiful place and i would go.

Keep mostly to resort and main areas (no backwood/back street adventures), and use common sense like you would in any tourst area.
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    we were in the Mayan rineria in October, perfectly safe, you are thinking being in other parts of the country, it is like being in Toronto and the problem is in Vancover.

Go blast, and it's near cancun!

Party on
  • tbrewst
    tbrewst Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I live in central Texas and my husband works on the border. His company will no longer let him cross the border, even with an excort and he is just selling welding equipment. We are also scuba divers and will no longer go to mexico although our favorite dive shop still travels to that area. I know many people who are from mexico and they won't go now.
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    So after careful consideration, have decided to vacation elsewhere where it is more stable. Not sure where yet. Guess I'll know in a week or so. Thanks everyone for your input yesterday!