Getting discouraged already!

Options
2»

Replies

• Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    How are feeling? The scale can't be our guide to happiness, how we feel while on this journey will make or break us.

Are you feeling good after a few days of good eating? Are you excercising *AND* eating the calories you burn (a big MUST)?

If you're hungry all the time, you may want to have your friends on here take a look at your food log. They may be able to see what is holding you back.

Best of luck in your endeavors!! :flowerforyou:
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Think of it as a marathon... if it took you 20 years to put on the weight, it will take you time to take it off as well.

In the meantime, throw away your scale, and focus on healthy living.

Eat right, play hard, and get some exercise. You'll find this is easier than you think and you'll feel better along the way!

Good Luck!
  • kalexander2005
    kalexander2005 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I would focus on protein and ease up on carbs (assuming that you aren't already doing that).

Otherwise, my mantra is One meal at a time, One workout at a time, One pound at a time.

Best of luck!
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Hello, I started this last Saturday and I've been staying with the calories I'm suppose to have daily, but I'm seeing no changes on the scale. Any advise would be greatly appreciated, thanks!! :frown:

One more thing, unlock your diary so we can see. Food choice, sodium, and water all have an effect on your weight.
  • sweetangel99
    Options
    Thanks everyone....y'all had some good advise!!! :wink:
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone....y'all had some good advise!!! :wink:

Your dairy looks good to be honest. I'd add a bit cardio or strength training and just keep at it. You'll lose the weight over time. Enjoy the journey!
  • ravenwcatz
    ravenwcatz Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    The first MONTH I did this, I saw no change on the scale at all. And I was eating less and exercising much more intensely than I am currently. But... after that, I dropped almost 7 pounds in a month and a half, so... stick with it. It will happen eventually.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    Hello, I started this last Saturday and I've been staying with the calories I'm suppose to have daily, but I'm seeing no changes on the scale. Any advise would be greatly appreciated, thanks!! :frown:

willpower and time! Ask yourself this -how long did it take you to put on the lbs?
    It doesn't happen overnight.
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I only lost .5 lbs the first 2 weeks, then on the third week 8lbs! NEVER GIVE UP! Consistancy is the answer!