Lost 1 pound my first week...need encouragement

Options
I lost a pound this week. I was hoping for 2 but hey it's one pound closer to my goal. I feel stronger already and my clothes are fitting a bit better but I want to see my numbers drop on the scale. I have a very athletic build have my whole life. It's from years of basketball, softball, volleyball and skiing. Three kids later and now I have the fat to deal with..lol

I don't know why that I thought because I "weigh" 252.5 (my highest weight ever) it would just fall off...I really wanted to be in the 240's this week. My latest baby is 6 months and I am just ready to get my body back. I know it will take time but I can't help but calcuate a pound a week will take me a VERY long time to get to my goal weight. Tell me this is okay and it will come off..I do 45 minutes of cardio and strength training 3x a week, will cycle on my stationary bike on days I can't make it to the gym and will run in place in my living room to help burn calories on my "rest" day. I noticed that I am having no problem sticking within my caloric count but the sodium has been a bit higher than I like. I need to reevaluate my snacks and food.

Replies

• ox45
    ox45 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Don't fret, I somehow gained almost 8 pounds my first week. I'm sure it was due to the shock of a radically different lifestyle. Then the weight losses started coming on strong after that.
  • danascot
    danascot Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Just keep at it - what you are doing sounds good re: exercise. I'm not sure what you are eating, but as long as you are tracking and being honest you will see a change. Maybe take your measurements too - you may see changes in that when the number on the scale doesn't move. Best of luck!
  • jobie4153
    Options
    Hi...hope you stick it out. I know a one pound loss never seems like much....so I always imagine a pound of bacon or butter "melted" off of my body. I have lost 25 pounds since mid-October...and have been waiting for my next one pound loss for about two weeks now. (very disappointing....but that scale WILL move down again eventually). Best of luck...I am sure you can do it!
    PS I like the idea of putting a marble in a clear glass container for each pound lost.