Options

Replies

• lisabstrong
    lisabstrong Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    vegetables.
  • Siena_Risley_13
    Options
    well for 1.......stop eating 3 hour before you go to bed so if you go to bed at 10 stop eating at seven. so you have plenty of time to work it off. ortherwise it goes to fat. and if im right you dont want that!!!
  • iwillberipped
    iwillberipped Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Plan to succeed and do it. I also find that when I have grapefruit or a clementine before bed it helps with my weight loss? Not a clue why it just does.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Ok heres my secrect,but dont tell anyone....seriously DONT TELL ANYONE!

First you have to strip naked,put on clown shoes,neon green tutu (forest green will work as well) then you must go to the mall (any mall will do) find the nearest coin fountain and dance the hokey pokey backwards(it really is what its all about) screaming at the top of your lungs " Klaatu barada nikto" if you do all this perfectly you will wake up to find you have lost 60 pounds in your sleep.

Remeber DONT TELL ANYONE!
  • BuffLoveWinning
    BuffLoveWinning Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Fiber helps. Keeps you full.
    Protein shakes and supplements when your busy.
    Apple cider in the am, it does work add some cinnamon and cayenne it takes some getting use to add some applde cider and water. Drink up.
    Vitamin b
    Omega 3
    Don't take all your vitamins at once your body can't absorb them all. So split them across your meals.
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    2 a day
  • AJ_MotherRunner
    AJ_MotherRunner Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Daily & Weekly goals

^^^this and small meals throughout the day.
  • iwillberipped
    iwillberipped Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I eat potato chips on the elliptical. So it cancels out, ya know...

This may just be my fav tip! Love it!
  • MrsLawsonNavyBrat2B
    Options
    if you think about getting seconds of something FIRST drink a glass of water. SECOND wait 10 minutes. IF you are still HUNGRY (not just WANT it) then get seconds =)

Good luck and feel free to add me
  • Silvergamma
    Silvergamma Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    There are no secrets. Love your body and take care of it.

It's not a secret, but the biggest stumbling block I have seen is that people want the quick fix. When they don't look like a super model after a week they give up. Fads will screw you over every time.

Eat less, eat real food, move your body, pick up heavy objects, be kind to yourself when you fall down (because it will happen). That's pretty much it.
  • rocketpants
    rocketpants Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Consistency.
    Make small changes that you are willing to live with forever. Small changes over long periods of time yield big results. There really is no magic secret to losing weight.
  • I think the most important aspect of losing weight is what you eat. So my motto is "Eat simple, eat fresh, eat at home." I also make sure I eat at least 2 fruits and 2 veggies everyday.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    The only tip worth noting is to eat at a calorie deficit and exercise. And that's no secret at all. Yet so many ignore it and keep seeking more complicated and misguided approaches.

So why do over 90% of people who attempt to follow this tip fail?

This remark frustrated me so much that I came back to reply a second time.

I think it's not an exaggeration to say that 90% of the people on MFP fail at permanent weight loss, and the reason they fail is because they try everything under the sun OTHER than what they should be doing. (again, just to make it painfully clear - that is eating a deficit and exercising).

That is like graduating from kindergarten. That's the SIMPLE part. It's so ridiculously simple that, as I said before, the more we talk about it, the more the simplicity of it gets lost.

Most of you need to get the hell out of kindergarten and move on to first grade, where you can worry about bigger and better things like... entering races, improving cardio endurance, improving running speed, efficiently gaining strength, etc... or even just deciding what new clothes to put on that sexy *kitten* new body of yours.
  • ginag516
    ginag516 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Before I have Breakfast I 2 tbsp of Natural Source Eldeberry Juice Concentrate then drink a cup of water. Even is good for increasing your immune system it also has helps with water retention.and I take 2 tbs before i go to bed and have a hot tea chamomille to relax :) no sugar of course.On my days off I will have the apple cider viger same amount. Ginger tea with rose petals
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options

This may just be my fav tip! Love it!

People at the gym find it hysterical.
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    The only tip worth noting is to eat at a calorie deficit and exercise. And that's no secret at all. Yet so many ignore it and keep seeking more complicated and misguided approaches.

90% fail? I'm a cynic and even I don't think it's that high. I think 100% who do it whole-heartedly will succeed, unless they have a medical impairment.

Whole heartedly is the key. It means being able to measure properly and accurately, and sticking to it over time. A lot of people are in denial about how much food they consume, or how many calories they burn while exercising. Or they try for 1 or 2 weeks and give up. Or restrict calories to an unsustainable level.

Do you think those of us who have had long-lasting success using tried and true methods are part of some special 10%?

Ok the problem with your solution as you described it, is that it forces people to ignore signals of hunger by their body and attempt to override them FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES.
  • JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Ignore the rudeness of others; they seem to have forgotten they were once new here and I am sure they all had questions that someone was kind enough to answer in a polite manner.

Welcome to the site. Some others have given you the best information possible with diet and exercise; eat good foods that fuel your body, eat enough to fuel your body, and use the fuel to move your body!

My "tip" however is to use this site to the fullest extent for your support system. Without the wonderful people I have "met" here I would not have lost 54lbs last year. I would have given up very early on and probably gained every ounce back. It's having a network of people you can share with that has made all the difference in the world to me personally.

:flowerforyou: Good luck!
  • mcdonnellj
    Options
    I tend to eat all my carbs for breakfast and lunch then none after 5pm.

Also i luv sugarfree jelly made with half water and half fizzy diet lemonade, in between meals if i feel peckish.

and just keep tracking, if you do have a wobbly day just make sure your back on track the very next day - DON'T turn a bad day into a BAD week !!!

you will get there honest :flowerforyou:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

90% fail? I'm a cynic and even I don't think it's that high. I think 100% who do it whole-heartedly will succeed, unless they have a medical impairment.

Whole heartedly is the key. It means being able to measure properly and accurately, and sticking to it over time. A lot of people are in denial about how much food they consume, or how many calories they burn while exercising. Or they try for 1 or 2 weeks and give up. Or restrict calories to an unsustainable level.

Do you think those of us who have had long-lasting success using tried and true methods are part of some special 10%?

Ok the problem with your "solution" as you described it, is that it forces people to ignore signals of hunger by their body and attempt to override them FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES.

No, it will cause your currently broken hunger signals to be fixed, probably in a short amount of time, and you will be cured for the REST OF YOUR LIFE. Logging food will be optional, because you will have built an intuition around eating.

Or you can continue making excuses, stay in denial, and keep searching for the magic cure.
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    My secret is that I don't stress about it. If I have a bad day then I do better the next day. If I'm going out to eat I do some extra exercise to earn my indulgances. If I'm going on vacation I eat what I want and if I put a few pounds on then I take them back off when I get back home. You're never going to see me on here stressing about going out with friends or going out of town. I'm sort of a hippy dieter or I suppose you could say lifestyle changer lol.