Green Monster Spinach Smoothie

Options
2»

Replies

• sweetendeavor
    sweetendeavor Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    wow! i have all these in my fridge! will def try it this week as a midmorning snack!
  • michie27
    michie27 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kahdxoom
    kahdxoom Posts: 129
    Options
    See SUPER GREEN MONSTER SHAKE in database. (add a steamed carrot too!)

I posted the recipe in database. Got it from a Dr Oz article in Womens World magazine.

145 CALORIES!!!!!!!
  • iKristine
    iKristine Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Alright. You inspired me to try something new. I just happened to have a blender, that I never use.

My problem, is I eat prudent, but I find alot of the power foods I get, I cannot make meals with very easily. So I end up with alot of leftover things like, spinach, plain yogurt, almost dead bananas, berries etc etc.

So here is what I did.

I did 2 cups raw spinach, (sell by yesterday)
    a banana (it was yellow, on the inside =) )
    some blackberries 1/4 cup
    a tablespoon peanut butter, the chunky natural stuff. BTW I HATE peanut butter
    added some water.

In the end. It looked like Chocolate mousse, didn't taste too bad. BUT it was all in a single cup I could just gulp down easily.

So in the end it worked. I got through some questionable to expire foods, got 2 servings fruit, 2 cups spinach and some yogurt and peanut butter.

ALOT easier than if I tried to work those into meals.

Thanks. I will try this again.
  • CLI_2012
    Options
    I've been having smoothies for lunch every day (almost...when I get to go home for lunch) and have been using a cup of frozen mixed berries (thawed), a few tbsps of yogurt, some cranberry juice and a handful of spinach. I can't even taste the spinach!!
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Had this for breakfast and it was awesome! I wasn't sure about it at first, but once I got a good sip of it, it was so yummy! It's bright green so don't let that scare you.

Ingredients:

1 frozen sliced banana

1 Tablespoon peanut butter

1/2 cup 0% Vanilla Chobani Greek yogurt

1 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze (or other kind of milk)

4 cups baby spinach (or more, or less) - just fill the rest of the blender with spinach!

Directions:

Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.

Nutritional stats:

350 calories, 10g fiber, 21g protein

ETA: Whoops, I meant to put this in the "Recipes" section! Oh well, it makes sense here too. :wink:

I saw this on Pinterest.... yeah...umm.....I have a pinterest account.. :-( DON'T TAKE MY MAN CARD!!!
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I saw this on Pinterest.... yeah...umm.....I have a pinterest account.. :-( DON'T TAKE MY MAN CARD!!!

That's where I got it too! Pinterest is totally what you make it, I actually get a lot of inspriation from the fitness section. You're man card is safe. :wink:
  • taylurmde
    Options
    :smile: I love spinach thanks for the post. I think I'll try it.
  • cakeums
    cakeums Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    My question is - how do you get the consistency to stay smooth? Mine always congeal. Every time.
  • clkuchtyn
    clkuchtyn Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    bump....great thread
  • degan2011
    degan2011 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    1 cup almond milk, or milk of choice
    1 ripe banana, preferably peeled + frozen
    2 handfuls organic spinach
    1 tbsp chia seeds OR 1 tbsp ground flax
    1 tbsp nut butter, optional
    1-3 ice cubes
    protein powder of choice, optional

That's the recipe I was going to try, but I'm a little scared of it....lol. Yours sounds a little bit yummier than this one. Think I might try yours first and just add some ground flax to it for my heart :)

Mine included an apple and 1 cup blueberries and was yummy! I was surprised! :) Looking forward to trying with cucumber and zuchini. Mix it up a bit.
  • degan2011
    degan2011 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    My question is - how do you get the consistency to stay smooth? Mine always congeal. Every time.

I drink mine right away or within a cuople hours if I can keep it cold. If it settles, put it in a shaker cup and shake away! :)
  • BobbieJo_1977
    BobbieJo_1977 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Love these shakes!!