Polar Heart Rate Monitor?

Options
Please tell me about yours. I got so fed up with the fitbit (plus it didn't register heart rate) that I returned it today and am looking for something that will give me a much more accurate calorie count.

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I love my FT4... I've yet to have a problem with it. It seems to count fairly accurately :D
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I love my FT4... I've yet to have a problem with it. It seems to count fairly accurately :D

This is pretty much what I was going to say. My FT4 is wonderful and I love it.
  • FoodFamilyFitness
    FoodFamilyFitness Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Please tell me about yours. I got so fed up with the fitbit (plus it didn't register heart rate) that I returned it today and am looking for something that will give me a much more accurate calorie count.
    I have the Polar FT7. Love it!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I love my Ft7
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I have the FT7 and its awesome
  • AleksD3
    AleksD3 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I spent some timing researching and reading reviews and I think this is what I'm looking for!
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 ~ Love it!
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7 all the way :)
  • alpha2omega
    alpha2omega Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    FT40 here. Couldn't be happier.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I bought the FT40. I got a really good price on it ($93 via soap.com with first time customer discount of 15% off). I liked that it has the built in fitness test so you are getting an even more accurate reading based on your fitness level. So that was why I picked it through online shopping.

However when I got it I loved it even more. The strap is a softer, more flexible material. The screen is larger and shows your elapsed time at all times across the bottom. The alarms are louder than on my husband's FT7.

I do a lot of Jillian Michaels, so I really appreciate the more flexible wrist strap on those plank moves!

I don't hear much about the FT40, but I love it! I'm very glad I spent a little extra money over the FT7.
  • lvaszar
    lvaszar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    F6. It's indestructible, I had for years and use it 2-3x/week. On my second battery.
    http://www.amazon.com/Polar-Heart-Monitor-Watch-Design/dp/B00136U9TW/ref=sr_1_2?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1327457164&sr=1-2.
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I've got an ft4 and its been fantastic
  • _Amy_Budd
    _Amy_Budd Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT 40 and LOVE it. I got it for Mother's Day this past Spring, and it is one of the best gifts I have EVER gotten. Very, very happy with it. :)
  • SpringFever19
    SpringFever19 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    FT60 and love it as well!
  • hbdub7
    hbdub7 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have the FT60 and LOVE IT!!!! it has options to track steps taken, and gps...you have to buy the attachments but it is available...it tracks your heart rate and calories burned...stores your weight and you can update it weekly...it has training files and tells you how you did...if you improved, if you stayed the same, if you were at max fitness...i love mine!!!! :)
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options

This is pretty much what I was going to say. My FT4 is wonderful and I love it.

Seems like FT4 is the winner here.............have had mine for a few weeks now and love it..........I wear it for all my exercises and that is the burn that I put in...............
  • viclsmith
    viclsmith Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    What exactly is the FT4? V
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    It's just one of the model numbers of the polar HRM, its affordable but has lots of good features that you need, cals burnt, and max and avg HR and it keeps memory of training sessions
  • gregavila
    gregavila Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I also have the FT60 and love it.
  • jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Just bought my FT4 tonight at Best Buy ($89.99....could have probably got it cheaper if I'd ordered it online). It was super easy to program. I did my first workout with it tonight. Here's the amazing thing.......After reading about how heart rate monitors estimated calorie counts much more accurately than the one on fitness equipment, I was totally prepared for my HRM to show a much lower number than what was on my treadmill. Surprise! My treadmill said I burned 352 calories, where HRM said 404! Yay! I also really liked that I could see at a glance whether I was in my target heart rate zone. Overall, after one workout, I'm very satisfied with the FT4.