The Daily HEET...June Thread...Open to Everyone!

Options
Hi everyone- We're on the brink of a brand new month. What are your goals for June? Mine is to lost 10 pounds. Summer is in full swing here in Texas. Swimming,bike riding, walking ,playing at the park-there's always something fun to do ! I realy hope you all find this new thread and start posting. I miss everyone and feel all alone on this team. Cindy :heart:

Replies

• HealthyEscape
    Options
    Hey Cindi! Thanks for posting this thread! Sometimes I lose sight of what I am trying to accomplish! This month I would like to lose 10lbs and I want to log ALL my food EVERYDAY instead of doing 3-4 days and then slacking on the weekend! Also, I want to keep to my nutrition goals and not go over and get my butt to the gym at least 5 days a week, of not 6.

Good luck on your goals! I know you can do it!
  • onfleur
    onfleur Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I want to be more active in June. I want to keep my journal of eating on a daily basis and stick to the plans at hand. I think it would be great also for me to develop a tickler for my exercise goals as I have not done that. It is good to 'belong' to a group where we can all be supportive. Lets do it!! I want to lose 12 pounds this month. Wooohooo!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Hi Team ! I am so exited to see new people posting !!! Welcome !! Hazel, that is so cool you walked in the Relay for Life ! I am proud of you ! :heart: We had about 1 hour of hail hail and rain at 2 am this morning. I was awake until 3 am when it slowed down.It hails so much here in West Texas. I'm hoping the sun shows itself soon so I can go walk 3 miles. I hope everyone finds the new thread. ok Team- Let's make it a great day! Log that food - eat those veggies-drink that water- get moving !!! I know we can ALL reach our goals!!! :heart: :smile: :heart: :smile: :heart: :smile: :heart: :smile: :heart: Cindy :heart:
  • parrotlover
    parrotlover Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    This month I want to try to loose at least 5 pounds or more. I really want to kick my butt in gear and keep track of calories more on the weekends. When the weekend hits I just want to go out to dinner ...that is what i think of when I think of having fun! Sick huh? Anyone have any suggestions!?
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    bumping this so I can keep an eye on Cindy. She is an amazing person and I am prowd to call her my friend. Calie
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Hi Team- How has everyones day been? I walked 2 miles this morning and spent about 2 hours in the pool. I'll walk 2 more miles tonight. :smile: I hope everyone is logging their food and eating right and drinking that water and getting some exercise in too. I'll check back in later on-ttfn- Cindy :heart:
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Hi team :flowerforyou: How was everones day? Mine was great! I walked 4 miles ,swam for 2 hours and did my upper body strength training routine. :heart: I made pumpkin spice muffins and they are yummy and 128 calories a piece. Just a spice cake mix with a can of pumpkin mixed in. The next time I'm mixing in some raisins too. :smile: I love finding healthier ways to make things we enjoy . What are some of your yummy revamps?? Ok guys- time to get to bed. ttfn- Cindy :heart:
  • getfitjane
    getfitjane Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks for posting this and congrats on your success so far!

my goal is to lose between 6 and 10 lbs but mainly to get much more fit. I am going to bike every day if the weather allows and get out swimming and walking more each day too.
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Hi team ! How are you all today ?? Great I hope . I just got back from 3 miles of walking. I did it in 48 minutes. :smile: I'll walk 2 more tonight and I'll do my lower body strength training routine. :heart: Jane- welcome and good luck ! I walk,swim and bike as my main forms of cardio too. :smile: I hope everyone has a great healthy day! Get out there and exercise ! Remember to drink that water. ttfn- Cindy :heart:
  • getfitjane
    getfitjane Posts: 10
    Options
    thanks for the welcome. :D

I am just about to finish my first week here and i am looking forward to the weigh-in.

mmm water... with crystal lite.
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Hi team- I hope everyone had a great day ! I'm watching I'm a celebrity get me outta here! How funny it is ! :laugh: I'm going to do 50 squats and 50 pushups and as many crunches as I can do while I watch these silly celebrities. I just had baked boneless skinless chicken breast and steamed brussel sprouts for dinner. :tongue: yummy! I'm hoping to walk 2 miles tonight if it doesn't start storming. Oh ,I love water. Plain ice cold water. :heart: Have a super fab night guys, Cindy :heart:
  • emsmom2009
    emsmom2009 Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi team,

Sorry I've been MIA for a few days. I had a 1 pound gain last week and that totally bummed me out, but I'm still working the program - exercising 6 days per week - eating 3 meals and 3 snacks per day. To tell you the truth, it is HARD for me to eat that many times per day. It takes me forever to eat each meal. I feel like as soon as I'm done with one meal it is time for a snack. I am still craving lots of sweets, but I haven't been indulging.
    My goal for June is to lose 10 pounds.

Have a great evening,

callie
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Hi team- Callie-hang in there ! You can do it !!!!!! I was watching SO you think you can dance tonight and a girl said something that realy spoke to me. " excuses are the tools of the incompatant" I love that saying !!!!!!! We all have setbacks and little bumps in the road. But we do not need excuses! This is life and in life stuff happens it's how we react to the stuff that's important. :smile: You are doing a great thing by plugging along. Keep it up! :flowerforyou: I had a good day today. I walked 4 miles and did some swimming. I hope you all had a great day too. Cindy :heart:
  • emsmom2009
    Options
    Hey all -

How's it going? How's everyone's plan working?
  • happygirl518
    happygirl518 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: Hello Cindy and newbies here at the Daily Heet!

Cindy: great job on keeping the group going (what is left of it), but I am surprised you did not let it die and begin a group of your own. Your leadership and devotion and progress in your journey speaks for itself.

I am not going to offer any excuses for not being around just life and been busy. I have not read all the post but see that like myself many have left or moved on. June is soon upon us and gives us all more opportunity for outdoor activities and exercise and that's a good thing. Make those shishkabobs to spice up your bar-be-que. One idea is to take cuts of chicken breast, onion, tomato, peppers, pineapple and your favorite marinade or italian dressing and brush on as you are grilling and you are getting in protein, fruit and veggie have a side of rice or pasta and your favorite beverage of lemonaide or ice tea and you've got a great meal and clean up is a breeze. We are doing alot of grilling out and I love it especially when we are so busy.

Well keep up the good work, and make it a great day!!!!!
    Debbie
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Hi Team- How is everyone? Debbie it is great to hear from you. I miss you ,hazel, lucy,bebe, julie sooooo much. I am so happy new members have joined. Debbie thank you for the compliments. :heart: I am glad your enjoying your summer. Well Heeters, I did 2 miles this morning and I will walk 2 more tonight. I hope to get a couple hours in the pool too. I have a crockpot full of Pinto beans cooking. They smell soo yummy. I plan to top a cup full with some low fat cheese and sour cream for dinner. I hope everyone has a great weekend. What are some fun things you'll be doing this weekend? I have to babysit all day tomorrow so we'll probably spend the afternoon at the pool. My dad has a timeshare in Branson , missouri. We're meeting him there in September for a week. I'm so very exited! I haven't seen him for almost 2 years. oK team I'm going to go have lunch- ttfn- Cindy :heart:
  • emsmom2009
    Options
    hey heeters -

did everyone have a good weekend? We spent the day walking around a zoo yesterday. It was a beautiful day in New England yesterday.
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Hi Heeters, How is everyone? The zoo sounds so fun! When we lived in Ohio we were only 30 minutes from a huge zoo. Here in Texas the nearest zoo is 250 miles away. :grumble: I weighed in yesterday and I'm down 3.6 pounds. :smile: I'm trying to ready the troops to go walking this morning. Let's all try to make this week a fabulous week in terms of our healthy lifestyles. Log lots of exercise and remember to log your foods too. Drink that water-eat those veggies and fruits I know we can do it!!! ttfn- Cindy :heart:
  • bbogart
    bbogart Posts: 113
    Options
    Hey y'all!!! Sorry I have been gone so long... I had to go on a short deployment. I am so glasd to be back, though. I have a 10 lb goal for June. I think that's a little ambitious, but we'll see. I also want to average 2 bike rides to work per week with a long ride on Sat or Sun and get into the gym for weight training 3 times per week. I have to go catch up on the news in the threads, but I'll be around. I hope y'all have a great week.:happy:
  • bbogart
    bbogart Posts: 113
    Options
    Where has every one gone? Have the Heeters given up? :cry: I sure hope not. I look forward to reading everyone's posts.