Needing exercise help (with picture)

Options
Hey I need help with what exercises to do and how to get rid of fat and tone my body.
The picture below is me currently.
Any help appreciated.

Photoon2012-01-12at2125.jpg

Replies

• krypt5
    krypt5 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    A consistent calorie deficit gets rid of body fat.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Hey I need help with what exercises to do and how to get rid of fat and tone my body.
    The picture below is me currently.
    Any help appreciated.

Photoon2012-01-12at2125.jpg

Healthy weight loss deficit will get rid of fat and keep the muscle. You can't spot reduce. Just get the muscles ready for when the fat melts away.

unless you want to be thin and flabby.
  • youngmum
    youngmum Posts: 114
    Options
    Any exercise that you find fun :wink:
    Mix in some resistance, some cardio, some stretching.
  • sophiareal
    sophiareal Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Although you cannot spot reduce you can spot tone! For me the key to reducing body fat is a combination of strength and cardio work, ideally interval training and ploy metric exercises, both will get your heart rate up like nothing else and will help burn fat. In tms of belly fat, some of it could just be being later. It's now Ben two weeks of cutting out all processed sugar and my tummy looks flatter (all day long, not just in the am) than it as in years. Something worth trying. Good luck
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I don't see a great deal of fat there, so I'd make sure you include some strength training to build up muscles.

What's your current exercise regime?
  • crazybeautifulkittie
    Options
    Well besides calorie deficient. Which I'm sure you figured out. Make that gap bigger by doing some cardio (I find things that I like, otherwise I'd gorge my eyes out if I stuck to the treadmill/elliptical all the time). Then of course some light weight training. You don't have to go too crazy to see results. And vary up your routine a bit so that your body can't start predicting how many calories you really need.

I find that if I do end up running intervals are the best way to drop weight. But that might be just a me thing.
  • lisaelainee
    lisaelainee Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Some times I go on my treadmill or I don't do anything
    I don't see a great deal of fat there, so I'd make sure you include some strength training to build up muscles.

What's your current exercise regime?
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I think you look great. I also don't see fat, but regardless everyone should exercise to keep our hearts healthy and our bodies strong. If you don't do much now try starting with a goal of 3 times a week for one month. I started with Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred DVD because it is circuit training (a little bit of everything-strength, cardio, abs). It is also short, only about 20 minutes so a great place to start. You just need a mat and hand weights which can be 3lbs to start. Good luck!
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Okay so you can't spot reduce. Its diet related and burning the fat. Its those last little bits of fat that are the hardest to lose. I have just gotten down to 10% body fat.

Eating a calorie deficit is correct but a lot of girls eat way under what they should be eating and therefore lose muscle seem thus looking way to skinny. I recommend incorporating strength training as well as cardio. But it will take time. But we are all here to help you along
  • missdelarocha
    missdelarocha Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Weight training, heavy weight low reps until you reach the amount of muscle/tone you want, otherwise you won't have anything under the fat, aka skinny-fat.
    It's also important to know that muscle is mostly hidden until you have a low enough body fat percentage for it to show.
    Don't worry, you can't get bulky without that being your INTENTION and with dedication, we have a fraction of the testosterone men do, so don't let that stop you!

Clean eating and working out are essential to health, don't rely solely on a calorie deficit.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I dont know if its just me but i think your body looks fine. If anything incorporate cardio but not just running or elliptical. Try doing some other types like plyometrics and strength training
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Weight training, heavy weight low reps until you reach the amount of muscle/tone you want, otherwise you won't have anything under the fat, aka skinny-fat.
    It's also important to know that muscle is mostly hidden until you have a low enough body fat percentage for it to show.
    Don't worry, you can't get bulky without that being your INTENTION and with dedication, we have a fraction of the testosterone men do, so don't let that stop you!

Clean eating and working out are essential to health, don't rely solely on a calorie deficit.

If only more woman thought like this