um.... embrassing topic - help !

Options

Replies

• paleojamie
    Options
    Does it really matter how it comes out? Unless you are suffering pain or discomfort from it and you are otherwise in good health, I wouldn't really worry about it.

Because it's not a sign of a healthy bowel.

I'm not trying to scare you OP, but it is worth getting it checked out.

I think I will have to :)

Definitely doesn't sound like constipation .. and i'm having enough water surely .. and do what some consider too much exercise!

Only problem is the uni doctors aren't great lol
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    It shouldnt be dehydration as you get fluids from your fruit and veg too but try drinking a little more, also try increasing fats...healthy fats and oils.

If you are getting other symptom (bloating, pain or discomfort high amounts of wind) I'd suggest a trip to your GP. He/she can then rule out thing like IBS, medication etc
  • paleojamie
    Options
    Does it really matter how it comes out? Unless you are suffering pain or discomfort from it and you are otherwise in good health, I wouldn't really worry about it.

I sorta feel like this sometimes lol to be fair - like i'm always overthinking things
  • michaeltoye
    Options
    happens to me. i put it down to lack of fat in my diet - well there is fat obviously, but i don't eat as much as my body needs and it takes from my own fat reserves. hence losing weight.

i'm willing to bet if you go out and eat a monster sized McDonalds, you'd be back to logs ;-)
  • paleojamie
    Options
    happens to me. i put it down to lack of fat in my diet - well there is fat obviously, but i don't eat as much as my body needs and it takes from my own fat reserves. hence losing weight.

i'm willing to bet if you go out and eat a monster sized McDonalds, you'd be back to logs ;-)

lol I bet you are right and although that is tempting .. I just don't really want to eat things like that anymore
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Obviously the stock answer is...go see your GP.
    But, are you talking constipated rabbit bibbles here or are you talking a more loose, erm...free flowing going that comes out easily?

If it's the latter then I would put that down to your diet. If you are eating a lot of fruit the citric acid in it will obviously have an effect upon your toileting. It would be free flowing but in 'bits' if you like. Fruit and veg, the sugars, fibre and acid in them, act as a natural laxative...so what you might find is that you go easily, but it's more loose and not as formed. So what you would get is smaller formed clumps that come out easily.
  • paleojamie
    Options
    sounds about right to me - the last part!

except I don't have citrus fruits
  • mkoopman01
    Options
    add to your diet some additional fiber. 1-3 doses of Metamucil a day will fix ya right up
  • Ant_M76
    Ant_M76 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    6 cups of water doesn't sound like enough, if you ask me. Either way - go see your GP.

Good luck :)
  • 1546mel
    1546mel Posts: 191
    Options
    I had to read cause of the topic! Dont worry about asking, it is what we are all here for, and it sure beats asking someone in person ;) I have not experienced this, though my kids have once in a while. It actually sounds like constipation to me. you may want to ask your doctor about it. That person can/will answer anything and not judge :) Good luck and great job!
  • teelynn35
    teelynn35 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    are you getting enough fiber? Your local health food store can help you with supplements. I have issues too, though mine are more like going only once a week. You may also want to call your Dr. The pellets is like constipation. I strongly suggest adding more fiber to your diet. It def won't hurt:) Flax seed, oat bran. Mine is finely ground and mixed in w/ my oatmeal or cream of wheat in the mornings. It helps
  • Ahluvly
    Ahluvly Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    You need a decent amount of fibre to "bind" it altogether! Flaxseed is good sprinkled on porridge or salads!
    are you getting enough fiber? Your local health food store can help you with supplements. I have issues too, though mine are more like going only once a week. You may also want to call your Dr. The pellets is like constipation. I strongly suggest adding more fiber to your diet. It def won't hurt:) Flax seed, oat bran. Mine is finely ground and mixed in w/ my oatmeal or cream of wheat in the mornings. It helps
  • paleojamie
    Options
    I will add some fibre in then .. but am already at 40g ..

if that doesn't help then i'll go to the docs and keep you all updated
  • krissybug72
    krissybug72 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Add flaxseed to your diet..believe me you will not have this issue anymore....
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I have noticed a massive change since I started eating fibre. I eat porridge every morning and now I am so consistent and it's all lovely.
    Eat fibre, poop nicely!
    :laugh:
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I was having the same problems for weeks and weeks. I'm a nursing student, and it's nothing unnormal I assure you. You just need more fibre. I've been taking additional supplements daily and since then I've been normal and regular. Take a look at my diary and you'll probably see we are eating the same things.
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I have noticed a massive change since I started eating fibre. I eat porridge every morning and now I am so consistent and it's all lovely.
    Eat fibre, poop nicely!
    :laugh:
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    First off, consult a doctor. While we all want to help you, only a doctor can evaluate you with the proper equipment.

With that being said, as soon as I read your input I assumed you had changed your diet abruptly. Though, months have gone by and your body should have corrected itself.

Make sure you are taking a daily supplement, and try to log (no pun intended) your daily intake by food type aka Dairy/Cheese, Beef, etc. I've noticed that dairy products and fatty beef have this effect on people, so check those first.

Hopefully, you can get to a doctor though. It's not too serious, but your intestines might be narrowing and only the Doc will know for sure.
  • O2Bslimagain
    O2Bslimagain Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Try adding more fiber to your diet. Flax seeds are wonderful. Grind up a Tablespoon and add them to your oatmeal or a smoothie, and make sure you are drinking lots of water. Prunes are really good too. There are two types of fibre soluble and insoluble. Green leafy lettuce is good too. Sometimes we can eat too much of one thing and think it is good for us. Fruits and veggies are good, but you need to eat them in moderation along with other healthy foods.
  • Gt3ch
    Gt3ch Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Honestly when I look at your diary it really doesn't look like all that much fruit, veggies, and water to me. It's a healthy minimum at best- no more.

If you haven't had a checkup in a while get one. You should be confident you have a clean bill of health.

Prune juice and green juices (if you have a juicer or can get to a juice bar) will definitely clean you out and might be what you need to get on the right track. You shouldn't have to rely on them long term to have normal stool though.

More water and raw veggies are warranted. More exercise especially core exercises are also good for your bowels. If you are under stress meditate or try other stress reduction strategies.

Good luck.