Avocado lovers?

Options
atxdee
atxdee Posts: 613 Member
Anyone here as crazy about avocados and guac as I am? I am crazy and can't stop eating it. I try to eat less of it. But seems i have to have it w almost every meal especccially turkey and salads. Am I being bad?

I mean I love it so much I even put it on my face!! ;)

Replies

• PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Totally not. :laugh:
    I love them, but beware of their high caloric density :) (100 cal for 100 grams, with more than 20% of fat :) )

They contain good fat, much potassium and vitamins (Vitamin E helps to deal with some cancers, cardio-vascular issues, and aging in general)
  • ashleyh3156
    ashleyh3156 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I love them too!!! I eat them plain, sometimes with salt, on top of eggs, meats, bread etc.! I just try to plan if I eat a lot of them! But delicious and nutritious lol!
  • willafan
    willafan Posts: 101
    Options
    Really funny picture! I don't think there is anything wrong with eating lots of avocado as long as it doesn't end up blowing your calorie budget out of the water. I love avos in salads but I also sometimes have an avocado and tomato sandwich on a good piece of wheat bread for dinner. Delicous! Just mash the fruit, put a little salt and pepper on it and then spread it on bread topping it with a slice of tomato and a thin slice of cheese. SO good!
  • patbelford
    patbelford Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, I love them by them selves or with some black bean salad.
  • Amberchalon
    Amberchalon Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Avocado is good but fatty. I like to eat it with my eggs and I also love avocado smoothies--- I AM part Filipina haha.
  • awdamm
    awdamm Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    i use avocado slices on my tuna instead of adding any mayo.

packet of tuna
    half an avocado
    some chopped tomato
    a little red onion
    some cucumber slices
    salt and pepper
    PITA POCKET THIN!!! = DELICIOUS!!! and so refreshing and healthy for you
  • mommynmotion
    mommynmotion Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I love them too!

Here's a great website with recipes. I am going to try the Avacado cheesecake next week!

http://www.theamazingavocado.com/recipes/desserts/
  • atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    all great stuff/suggestions, thanks guys!
  • reneegd
    reneegd Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I eat an avocado a day. No joke. They're fantastic. I don't care about the calories because they are a nutritionally sound food. Yes they have fat, but it is good fat. We need at least 30 grams of GOOD fat a day. Half of your average avocado is 15 grams. And the sources for good fat are limited, so don't be worried about it. Id rather eat an avocado than have to use extra virgin olive oil in something everyday.
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Fantastic answer :)
    (I myself take fish oil everyday though :p )
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I also love them! I account for them in my calories but don't worry if they put me over in fat since it is a healthy fat (same with nuts). A sandwich spread I love is one avocado mashed up into one can of cannelini beans (white beans). Mash it till spreadable and add your usual guacamole ingredients (I add minced red onion, salt, pepper, and a splash of lime juice). I spread this on flax tortillas and add a cabbage slaw (shredded cabbage, splash of apple cider vinegar, a little bit of olive oil, and some minced chipotle in adobo) and it is a phenomenal lunch.
  • MrsFusion
    MrsFusion Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I also love them! I account for them in my calories but don't worry if they put me over in fat since it is a healthy fat (same with nuts). A sandwich spread I love is one avocado mashed up into one can of cannelini beans (white beans). Mash it till spreadable and add your usual guacamole ingredients (I add minced red onion, salt, pepper, and a splash of lime juice). I spread this on flax tortillas and add a cabbage slaw (shredded cabbage, splash of apple cider vinegar, a little bit of olive oil, and some minced chipotle in adobo) and it is a phenomenal lunch.

I love them too! Gonna have to try this :)
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I've been eating them every day lately. So good!
  • Fit2Fifty
    Options
    I see so many people needing to add 'good' calories to eat back the ones they burned...avocados jumped right to mind!!
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    i just had some homemade guac for breakfast!! yes, I LOVE them too!

I also have some more guac for lunch, with a morning star spicy veggie burger....can't wait!

As another poster posted, avacado's with tuna is super yummy too :smile:
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    i use avocado slices on my tuna instead of adding any mayo.

packet of tuna
    half an avocado
    some chopped tomato
    a little red onion
    some cucumber slices
    salt and pepper
    PITA POCKET THIN!!! = DELICIOUS!!! and so refreshing and healthy for you

That sounds ahhhhmazin

Although I think I'll replace the tuna with Chicken....

wait it says "chicken of the sea" does that mean tuna IS chicken ;)
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options

I love them too! Gonna have to try this :)

^^^^^THIS^^^^^^
  • pbxr
    pbxr Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have to try REALLY hard not to eat avocado on toast every day (just add a little salt & pepper...). It's no doubt my favorite food now! I do try, however, to keep a level head, hence not eating it every day, every meal. My motto is "all things in moderation." Too much of a good thing is not a good thing. Kwim? But if I had my 'druthers, I'd eat avocado three squares a day! :happy:
  • chrissyv1024
    chrissyv1024 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    i'm an avocado head myself and was just talking to a co worker about them yesterday! they go with everything.. salads, sandwiches or plain.. sometimes i just scoop it out with a spoon and eat a half. most recently, i have been dicing them up and adding them to my eggs. i've also dice them up with tomatoes and mozzarella cheese or laughing cow and eat it as a topping on some crackers. yum!
  • Captian_Dathon
    Options
    I love avocados!
    But I do try to slow down, I'm restricting myself from even buying them because I know I just eat and eat and eat them.
    Its a weakness!
    But "water down" the dip helps, use tomatoes and salsa, and less avocado if you really want a good dip during a football game.