Avocado lovers?

Options

Replies

• raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Few things are as good as a perfectly ripe avocado...

I could eat one a day, if i could find that many good ones! Had a half last night as part of dinner! :)
  • JennyZD
    JennyZD Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I LOVE avocados-- I've been having them almost every single day! They're also the good type of fats so no need to worry-- beats saturated and trans fat any day ! :)
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Is there a such thing as an avocado BIRTHDAY CAKE :noway: ?

Cause I want one! LOL

They are my favorite, but because of the calorie count on them they are a treat. If I could I'd eat one everyday.

I know it's good fats but a calorie is a calorie. :cry:
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you! Mostly the price keeps me for overindulging! LOL.
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    SAVE, I want to come back here for some of the ideas. Thanks you
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    i eat avocado with shrimp!
  • hggmilliron
    hggmilliron Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I frequently have one for breakfast. A good start for the day that keeps hunger away!
  • Coffee0410
    Coffee0410 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I LOVE AVOCADO!!! They are SO good in a variety of things. If you find you're eating too much, maybe just eat half and use the other as a hair mask...it makes your hair all shiny and glorious! LOL

Dang, now I want some gauc..........
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    how does everybody store their opened avacados? (assuming you don't eat the whole thing :laugh:)

I just wrap some saran wrap on the non-eaten half (I leave the pit side for last) and then the put the 'top' back on and put in a baggie. Might be overkill, but no brown avadado's for me!
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    You can freeze them. No skin, put in a container, the trick is you need to put the seed in the container too. When you need them thaw and yes they are a little discolored just stir it up and you can barely tell.
  • alexbelly
    alexbelly Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I love Love LOVE aguacate!

I remember when I was young, as a treat I would ask for (not chips, not cupcakes but.. ) lightly saltee avocado.

On summer in the Dominican Republic I tried avocado ice cream. Yea, it sounds like I crossed the line there but it was sooo good!

:love:
    > :heart:
    > :heart: !! AGUACATE !! :heart: <
    :heart: <
    :love:
  • lucyrose_
    lucyrose_ Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I love love LOVE avocados too!! I went travelling in Central America a couple of years ago and lived off guac... now I make a massive bowl of it at least once a week... lush with oatcakes for lunch! :)
  • JennyZD
    JennyZD Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    PS: For those of you that love avocado, shrimp & brown rice. Check out this recipe! I saw it on Women's Health magazine. Doesn't it look yummy?

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/nutrition/simple-asian-meals?page=1

"Brown Rice with Shrimp and Avocado"
  • Hungry_Tuna
    Hungry_Tuna Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I LOVE them!! I also love your profile pic! :smile:
  • ckenning
    Options
    I am also an avacado lover...I put it on my veggie burgers!
  • siddlesmom
    Options
    Love them...eat one almost daily! I use it in place of mayo on sandwiches (chicken breast shredded, a roasted red pepper and a pile of smashed avocado on a flat out)

I also like to eat it mashed up in an Annie Chun's sticky brown rice bowl as a side to my protein. Kind of reminds of sushi ;)
  • HealthyHappy120
    Options
    Sooo yummy!! I love it on my turkey sandwiches
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I love avocados!! My grandpa had three avocado trees in his yard when I was growing up. I got to pick ripe ones right off the tree. So yummy!!!
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, I love them by them selves or with some black bean salad.

^^ This. Citrus and black bean salad with avocado. Oh dear God...it's pretty much a religious experience (if you believe in that sort of thing). I think I posted the recipe (and nutrition info) on here a while back.
  • Hungry_Tuna
    Hungry_Tuna Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    PS: For those of you that love avocado, shrimp & brown rice. Check out this recipe! I saw it on Women's Health magazine. Doesn't it look yummy?

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/nutrition/simple-asian-meals?page=1

"Brown Rice with Shrimp and Avocado"

Ah yes, that looks wonderful! Very close to one recipe I found on FitnessMagazine's site that my boyfriend and I make all the time!
    Here's the one from Fitness Mag!
    http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipe/vegetables/shrimp-and-avocado-rice-bowl/
    l_R144441.jpg
    Either way, this dish if FANTASTIC!