Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Avocado lovers?

Replies

• raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Few things are as good as a perfectly ripe avocado...

I could eat one a day, if i could find that many good ones! Had a half last night as part of dinner! :)
  • JennyZD
    JennyZD Posts: 176 Member
    I LOVE avocados-- I've been having them almost every single day! They're also the good type of fats so no need to worry-- beats saturated and trans fat any day ! :)
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Is there a such thing as an avocado BIRTHDAY CAKE :noway: ?

Cause I want one! LOL

They are my favorite, but because of the calorie count on them they are a treat. If I could I'd eat one everyday.

I know it's good fats but a calorie is a calorie. :cry:
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    I'm right there with you! Mostly the price keeps me for overindulging! LOL.
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    SAVE, I want to come back here for some of the ideas. Thanks you
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    i eat avocado with shrimp!
  • hggmilliron
    hggmilliron Posts: 4 Member
    I frequently have one for breakfast. A good start for the day that keeps hunger away!
  • Coffee0410
    Coffee0410 Posts: 13 Member
    I LOVE AVOCADO!!! They are SO good in a variety of things. If you find you're eating too much, maybe just eat half and use the other as a hair mask...it makes your hair all shiny and glorious! LOL

Dang, now I want some gauc..........
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    how does everybody store their opened avacados? (assuming you don't eat the whole thing :laugh:)

I just wrap some saran wrap on the non-eaten half (I leave the pit side for last) and then the put the 'top' back on and put in a baggie. Might be overkill, but no brown avadado's for me!
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    You can freeze them. No skin, put in a container, the trick is you need to put the seed in the container too. When you need them thaw and yes they are a little discolored just stir it up and you can barely tell.
  • alexbelly
    alexbelly Posts: 277 Member
    I love Love LOVE aguacate!

I remember when I was young, as a treat I would ask for (not chips, not cupcakes but.. ) lightly saltee avocado.

On summer in the Dominican Republic I tried avocado ice cream. Yea, it sounds like I crossed the line there but it was sooo good!

:love:
    > :heart:
    > :heart: !! AGUACATE !! :heart: <
    :heart: <
    :love:
  • lucyrose_
    lucyrose_ Posts: 55 Member
    I love love LOVE avocados too!! I went travelling in Central America a couple of years ago and lived off guac... now I make a massive bowl of it at least once a week... lush with oatcakes for lunch! :)
  • JennyZD
    JennyZD Posts: 176 Member
    PS: For those of you that love avocado, shrimp & brown rice. Check out this recipe! I saw it on Women's Health magazine. Doesn't it look yummy?

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/nutrition/simple-asian-meals?page=1

"Brown Rice with Shrimp and Avocado"
  • Hungry_Tuna
    Hungry_Tuna Posts: 361 Member
    I LOVE them!! I also love your profile pic! :smile:
  • I am also an avacado lover...I put it on my veggie burgers!
  • Love them...eat one almost daily! I use it in place of mayo on sandwiches (chicken breast shredded, a roasted red pepper and a pile of smashed avocado on a flat out)

I also like to eat it mashed up in an Annie Chun's sticky brown rice bowl as a side to my protein. Kind of reminds of sushi ;)
  • Sooo yummy!! I love it on my turkey sandwiches
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    I love avocados!! My grandpa had three avocado trees in his yard when I was growing up. I got to pick ripe ones right off the tree. So yummy!!!
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Absolutely, I love them by them selves or with some black bean salad.

^^ This. Citrus and black bean salad with avocado. Oh dear God...it's pretty much a religious experience (if you believe in that sort of thing). I think I posted the recipe (and nutrition info) on here a while back.
  • Hungry_Tuna
    Hungry_Tuna Posts: 361 Member
    PS: For those of you that love avocado, shrimp & brown rice. Check out this recipe! I saw it on Women's Health magazine. Doesn't it look yummy?

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/nutrition/simple-asian-meals?page=1

"Brown Rice with Shrimp and Avocado"

Ah yes, that looks wonderful! Very close to one recipe I found on FitnessMagazine's site that my boyfriend and I make all the time!
    Here's the one from Fitness Mag!
    http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipe/vegetables/shrimp-and-avocado-rice-bowl/
    l_R144441.jpg
    Either way, this dish if FANTASTIC!