Good DVD for abs, thighs w/ no cardio?

Options
I am looking to tone my ab and thigh area more. I run and am training for a half marathon now and really do not want to push my legs too hard. Is their any good dvd's that just focus on the ab, thigh (even butt) area with no cardio.

I do not want to push it and get injured. I tried the P90X ab ripper and hated it (too hard on my back)

Replies

• mrsc86
    mrsc86 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I find Pilates DVDs that have a focus on abdominals are good - you can definitely fel them working but no cardio
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    try Yoga/Pilates videos. They are tough and will give you that lean muscle you want
  • pascale485
    pascale485 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Pilates Core with Ana Caban! Hard on the abs!!!
  • TiffaniBarrett
    TiffaniBarrett Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Get Jillian Michaels Six Week 6 Pack.

It's a circuit workout really, with squats, lungest, crunches etc etc - absolutely perfect for what you are looking for :-)
  • kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Ok so what Pilates one's are good? Anything on the shorter side time wise?

I tried the 6W6P and did not love it, I felt like she jump around alot
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    kettlebells
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I like the 10 minute solutions videos: http://the10minutesolution.com/series/index.html

The pilates or sculpting is what you want. There is also a "Target Toning for Beginners" that might be fitting. They are nice because you can play all of the workouts or just the ones you have time for.

Best wishes :flowerforyou:
  • Sophie983
    Sophie983 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I love Tracy Anderson - Method mat
  • ckerce
    ckerce Posts: 25
    Options
    Check out Bodybar.com. You can get the bar with the weight that you can handle and the dvds are great! The one that i have you can work whatever part of the body you want. I love the Below the Belt! Great leg exercise! There is one for the abs, one for the arms and it is really easy to follow! No cardio but you sure get the workout! Good luck!
  • xhaller
    xhaller Posts: 95
    Options
    I Want That Body is a terrific DVD! It has 3 segments for abs, arms and legs. Each segment has a harder and easier level. They are all 15 minutes long but it is a tough 15 minutes! No cardio!

http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/tamilee-webbs-i-want-that-body-9455

It's not brand new but it's an awesome go-to workout!!
  • kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I will look into all of these

I like the 10 minute solutions videos: http://the10minutesolution.com/series/index.html

The pilates or sculpting is what you want. There is also a "Target Toning for Beginners" that might be fitting. They are nice because you can play all of the workouts or just the ones you have time for.

Best wishes :flowerforyou:

I saw one of these dvd's today at Target and was planning to check the reviews
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Pilates Core with Ana Caban! Hard on the abs!!!

This is killer! I love Ana.