My Blog On Taking Phentermine

Options

Replies

• CMM2132
    CMM2132 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am on phentermine also and i lost 11 lbs but i don't have the urge to eat and i have cut down on my smoking as well. I am trying to start drinking more water, but I drink a lot of Monster and I am trying to cut down on that also. Got any ideas I could use some.

Get some Mio's .. they have a new energy drink that is green apple something similar to monster but def. not the same. They have new flavors... :)
  • sansouchi1050
    Options
    Seriously? Why does everyone care what others do to lose weight? If you took 10 people all the same weight and lined them up, would you be able to pick out the one who took phentermine? Well, I guess you could since its basically meth so they would have meth mouth and meth scars....silly me. I think we all should be supportive of each other and those of you who have nothing supportive to say need to quit sipping the Haterrade.....that stuff has TONS of sugar ;).

To compare this medication to meth is absolutely LUDICROUS, INSANE and completely and totally INACCURATE!!!!! Look it up!!! It's not even close and to say this to people is terrible.

Look it up, they are chemically similar. They are both amphetamines. They cause similar side effects and health risks. They are both highly addictive. The biggest difference is that one is legal.

I give up..

I gave up on page one. Thank you for your earlier response and attempt to provide education
  • LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I dont think its a matter of HATE----It's the approach to the topic at hand that is disturbing. AGAIN this is a support site---I havent heard from any Health Professsionals yet in tthis conversation...
    I am a Registered Nurse---I know the side effects of many drugs..however...when it comes to prescribing ANY drug---.the PHYSICIAN weighs the benefits vs. the risk...this medication can only be given by Prescription from a Doctor---therefore I can only assume this process was done...

If only that were true. There are weight loss clinics or "diet doctors" set up all over prescribing phentermine that are CASH ONLY. if that doesn't scream sketchy, I don't know what does. Plus, when I was an addict the "well reputable" physician I saw got so many kick backs from pharmaceutical companies, he handed out controlled substances like candy.

That's your story..not the original posters. Maybe she went to her primary doctor. Bottom line is..its her choice..if people are so oppose to this drug...maybe the thoughts should be transferred into action by contacting the pharmaceutical company...
  • ralpheeta
    ralpheeta Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How in the heck do you get the Dr. to prescribe this? I would love some but I know I wont get a script from my Dr.I had a friend give me a few a couple of years ago and half a pill was enough for me....lots of energy -low appetite. Good luck to all!
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I tried it for 1 week and couldn't sleep. Not just couldn't sleep all night. Literally no sleep. I cut out all soda, caffeine, etc. and took it all by 10 am and even tried halving it for the last few days. Still no sleep. Gave up, I like sleeping too much.
  • CMM2132
    Options
    Well Let me clear things up....

I went to my doctor after 3 years of gaining weight.. I counted all of my calories and kept logs of everything I ate. I work out and go to the gym and had a personal trainer.. I got burned out because I was doing everything I should have and still didn't lose weight..

I really don't care to hear you bashing me ... Why bother posting anything rude or insulting? I dont mind if you want to post warnings.. But I kinda already know about these as I did research and I had in depths conversation with my doctor. I don't pay cash for my medication as I have insurance and I go to the pharmacy and pick it up when its ready... I do not feel like I am on meth or speed.. not sure what they would feel like... but except the very first day I was full of energy. I am content just sitting here typing this or driving my children around in the car.

I was actually really happy about Threading /blogging/sharing whatever you want to call it so that if anyone was, is or was thinking about it could read my "story".

I eat my calories..... I am not starving myself. Ok dry mouth is a side effect well I drink more water now that way. I still get on the eliptical every night and I still run. I am doing every thing that I am supposed to. I was told by my doctor that he wanted me on it for 4 weeks and that was it.. one to help "trick" my body that I was full... maybe not shrinking my stomach but after eating little portions for 4 week maybe I will continue to feel full.

To some people 27 lbs is not over weight.. and yes I do not look fat in my picture.. However I carry my weight well. I am trying to lose the extra weight now because Diabetes run in my family and I do not want to live that way. I am also doing this FOR ME... ME... Not you or her or him. I want to be happy. Instead of buying some crazy medication that causes orange butt leakage, or 24 hour slim drink.. I talked to my doctor.

To each their own but why comment such nasty things when all I am trying to do is lift my self esteem up and be happy and healthy. So much for this place being supportive !!! Anyone that wants to give positive comments please feel free to befriend me.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Smithvalerie
    Smithvalerie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Oh....and another thing....I have nurse friends who took Phentermine. I, myself, have tried it. It's not heart valve friendly. Also, make sure you know your target heart rate. Exercise while on Phentermine, but make sure you keep a close check on your heart rate. With heart rates that far exceed your target, your ventricles do not have time enough to refill in order to adequately perfuse your brain and vital organs. That explains that faint, nauseating feeling you get when you exercise with stimulants in your system. Now that is just a friendly FACT. No haterade there.

YES, I WOULD AGREE THAT PHENTERMINE IS NOT HEART VALVE FRIENDLY. I SHOULD KNOW...I TOOK IT AND HAD VALVE PROBLEMS AND HAD TO HAVE SURGERY. YES, EVERYBODY'S BODY IS DIFFERENT AND LIKE ME I HAD HEARD THE STORIES THAT IT WASN'T SAFE...BUT, I THOUGHT IT WOULDN'T HAPPEN TO ME. I DID NOT TAKE IT FOR A LONG PERIOD OF TIME AND NO, I NEVER HAD PROBLEMS WITH MY VALVES BEFORE I TOOK THIS MED. TO EACH THEIR OWN. HOWEVER, I WOULD RUN FAST FROM THIS MEDS. IT WILL HELP YOU TO LOSE WEIGHT AND YOU WILL LOOK GOOD FROM THE OUTSIDE....BUT, YOU COULD BE LIKE ME AND IT COULD BE EATING UP YOUR VALVES ON THE INSIDE. TAKE THIS FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH...JUST THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE THIS WITH ANYONE THAT MIGHT BE CONCERNED. YOU CAN FRIEND ME IF YOU LIKE AND I COULD TELL YOU MORE OF WHAT HAPPENED TO ME.
  • Smithvalerie
    Smithvalerie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Oh....and another thing....I have nurse friends who took Phentermine. I, myself, have tried it. It's not heart valve friendly. Also, make sure you know your target heart rate. Exercise while on Phentermine, but make sure you keep a close check on your heart rate. With heart rates that far exceed your target, your ventricles do not have time enough to refill in order to adequately perfuse your brain and vital organs. That explains that faint, nauseating feeling you get when you exercise with stimulants in your system. Now that is just a friendly FACT. No haterade there.

YES, I WOULD AGREE THAT PHENTERMINE IS NOT HEART VALVE FRIENDLY. I SHOULD KNOW...I TOOK IT AND HAD VALVE PROBLEMS AND HAD TO HAVE SURGERY. YES, EVERYBODY'S BODY IS DIFFERENT AND LIKE ME I HAD HEARD THE STORIES THAT IT WASN'T SAFE...BUT, I THOUGHT IT WOULDN'T HAPPEN TO ME. I DID NOT TAKE IT FOR A LONG PERIOD OF TIME AND NO, I NEVER HAD PROBLEMS WITH MY VALVES BEFORE I TOOK THIS MED. TO EACH THEIR OWN. HOWEVER, I WOULD RUN FAST FROM THIS MEDS. IT WILL HELP YOU TO LOSE WEIGHT AND YOU WILL LOOK GOOD FROM THE OUTSIDE....BUT, YOU COULD BE LIKE ME AND IT COULD BE EATING UP YOUR VALVES ON THE INSIDE. TAKE THIS FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH...JUST THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE THIS WITH ANYONE THAT MIGHT BE CONCERNED. I AM BY NO MEANING JUDGING ANYONE THAT IS TAKING THIS MEDICATION. I AM JUST SHARING WHAT HAPPENED TO ME. IT MAYBE ONE IN A MILLION THAT IT HAPPENS TO. HOWEVER, I AM JUST MERELY SHARING MY EXPIERENCE. NEVERTHELESS, GOOD LUCK TO ALL THAT'S TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT...WE CAN DO THIS!!!!
  • conchita962
    conchita962 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Seriously? Why does everyone care what others do to lose weight? If you took 10 people all the same weight and lined them up, would you be able to pick out the one who took phentermine? Well, I guess you could since its basically meth so they would have meth mouth and meth scars....silly me. I think we all should be supportive of each other and those of you who have nothing supportive to say need to quit sipping the Haterrade.....that stuff has TONS of sugar ;).

To compare this medication to meth is absolutely LUDICROUS, INSANE and completely and totally INACCURATE!!!!! Look it up!!! It's not even close and to say this to people is terrible.

Look it up, they are chemically similar. They are both amphetamines. They cause similar side effects and health risks. They are both highly addictive. The biggest difference is that one is legal.

I give up..

I gave up on page one. Thank you for your earlier response and attempt to provide education
    It's all good :) It's one thing to state an opinion...it's a whole different ballgame claiming this it's meth. UGH!
  • conchita962
    conchita962 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Well Let me clear things up....

I went to my doctor after 3 years of gaining weight.. I counted all of my calories and kept logs of everything I ate. I work out and go to the gym and had a personal trainer.. I got burned out because I was doing everything I should have and still didn't lose weight..

I really don't care to hear you bashing me ... Why bother posting anything rude or insulting? I dont mind if you want to post warnings.. But I kinda already know about these as I did research and I had in depths conversation with my doctor. I don't pay cash for my medication as I have insurance and I go to the pharmacy and pick it up when its ready... I do not feel like I am on meth or speed.. not sure what they would feel like... but except the very first day I was full of energy. I am content just sitting here typing this or driving my children around in the car.

I was actually really happy about Threading /blogging/sharing whatever you want to call it so that if anyone was, is or was thinking about it could read my "story".

I eat my calories..... I am not starving myself. Ok dry mouth is a side effect well I drink more water now that way. I still get on the eliptical every night and I still run. I am doing every thing that I am supposed to. I was told by my doctor that he wanted me on it for 4 weeks and that was it.. one to help "trick" my body that I was full... maybe not shrinking my stomach but after eating little portions for 4 week maybe I will continue to feel full.

To some people 27 lbs is not over weight.. and yes I do not look fat in my picture.. However I carry my weight well. I am trying to lose the extra weight now because Diabetes run in my family and I do not want to live that way. I am also doing this FOR ME... ME... Not you or her or him. I want to be happy. Instead of buying some crazy medication that causes orange butt leakage, or 24 hour slim drink.. I talked to my doctor.

To each their own but why comment such nasty things when all I am trying to do is lift my self esteem up and be happy and healthy. So much for this place being supportive !!! Anyone that wants to give positive comments please feel free to befriend me.
    :flowerforyou:

Right on!!!!! Any one has any rude things to say can suck it !!!
    I support ya :)
  • Dickersondiva
    Dickersondiva Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    ORANGE BUTT LEAKAGE!!! BWAHAHAHAHAAA!!! I have some stories about that stuff (Xenical) before the OTC version came out. Holy Hannah. I almost peed a little laughing when u said that.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    So you just tried to lose weight for 2 weeks and you gave up and ask a doctor to prescribe you some drug?
    Why? Why? Why?????
    That's nuts!!!!!!
  • jennifershoo
    Options
    Ive never taken phentermine,but I spent along time on meth sounds just like it

and you would be correct!

Not even remotely close to an accurate statement at all!!!

You need some serious chemistry and biochemistry classes.
  • jennifershoo
    Options

The molecular structures are freaking close!!!!!!!

Phentermine:

200px-Fentermina.svg.png

Methamphetamine:

200px-Methamphetamine.svg.png

And yes I'm a chemist.
  • nesstle
    nesstle Posts: 62
    Options
    Good on you, maybe you can put a blog up elsewhere like other people do and link it to your profile so your friends can read it.

Im on a herbal pill for fat burning and appetatie suppressant, and it is helping big time, its not as rapi loss but its something.
  • Dickersondiva
    Dickersondiva Posts: 97 Member
    Options

The molecular structures are freaking close!!!!!!!

Phentermine:

200px-Fentermina.svg.png

Methamphetamine:

200px-Methamphetamine.svg.png

And yes I'm a chemist.

Will crystal meth help my ADHD? Or should I stick to my Vyvanse? (SARCASM)
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    I was on Phenermine last summer and lost 30 pounds in 2 1/2 months on it. Only issues I had was extremely dry mouth and after the 3rd day on it I had problems sleeping. I went off it after 3 months per doctors orders and will be going back on it in February. I find it to be a great way to get over plateaus as it boosts my weight loss in the first couple of weeks. It is extremely important if on it to have a doctor who does regular blood tests to monitor any changes. As for addiction....I did not become addicted to it, but I only take it for 3 months at a time. No one less than 30% over their ideal weight should take it though as it is then considered dangerous.
  • SinCity2003
    SinCity2003 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I haven't read all the responses since early yesterday, but I wanted to say that I cancelled my appointment with the doctor to get phentermine. After reading more about it, and the fact that it's a controlled substance, I decided it wasn't something *I* wanted to put in my body. I'm sure it works, but I did this without diet pills/fads the first time (before having my son) and I'll do it the same way again this time. Good luck to you!
  • corimeyers24
    corimeyers24 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I take it off and on i got jitteryat first but if you drinks losts of fluids it doesnt do it as bas and it makes me not as hungry i find myself having to fight to get in 600 calories a day but ive had weightloss surgery so i cant eat as much at one time as someone else. The only reason im taking it after wls is because of constant snacking i was having and its helped me to get back on track...
  • CMM2132
    Options
    So you just tried to lose weight for 2 weeks and you gave up and ask a doctor to prescribe you some drug?
    Why? Why? Why?????
    That's nuts!!!!!!

NO.... you did not read that right. My weight has been a struggle for a while... I recently got on here to make sure I was eating the calories... Yes two weeks and gave up... Comon... Really???!!!