NO MORE VEGETABLES

Options

Replies

• bethieannie
    bethieannie Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    found a recipe on food.com for roasted garbonso beans. I am not a fan of these bean normally, but oooo so yummy!
  • mrh1227
    mrh1227 Posts: 37
    Options
    Plenty of snack options that aren't vegetables. I personally recommend Smoky BBQ Wheat Thins. Those are slammin'. You could also get a hold of some fresh deli meats and nibble at those if you're craving something, or even just reach for a bottle of water to keep you occupied until your next meal :)
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I'm not much of a veggie person either! lol and when I do eat them they have to be cooked in things I can't stand them on their own. ...

I do however LOVE fruit, and have that as a snack a lot.. blueberry's are my personal favorite, I also eat a lot of strawberries since they are relatively inexpensive and only 49 calories per cup!

100 calorie bags of pop corn are amazing! and so are sugar free fudgecicyles (sp?)

I forget the brand name but apple straws are great... they kind of taste like taco bell's cinnamon sugar things, only they are much healthier for you... you get 38 of them for like 140 calories.

laughing cow cheese on 35 calorie bread is great too.

and I know that this is not healthy... but I'll have hot chocolate a lot as a snack if I'm really wanting something chocolatey
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    As a snack I love yogurt with some granola mixed in.

I also love hummus with pita chips. This may not count as hummus is made from chickpeas which are veggies.

I also love a banana every now and then.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    chocolate, oat meal, a bag of chips, some nuts, crackers, cheese...what did you eat before?

I cut up a bunch of veggies....cucumber,peppers,mushrooms,carrots,tomatoes,and put them in a baggie and eat them lol but its sooo boring

But what did you eat before that? What did you eat before you started trying to lose weight?
  • bugs5697
    Options
    Fruit, cheese sticks, granola/snack bars, popcorn...beef/turkey jerkey
    I've had to get creative too....Starting to get burned out on the veg (but I love them so much)
  • sjv1966
    sjv1966 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    What about popcorn? You can get quite a bit of snacking enjoyment out if it for a modest amount of calories. I would also suggest light yogurt, hard boiled egg, or cheese sticks.

Also, try roasting the veggies. Roasted green beans, for example, seem very sweet and rich tasting to me - totally different that raw green beans.
  • hosegirl
    hosegirl Posts: 157
    Options
    I have oatmeal with a half cup of blueberries or any other fruit. I use the Quacker Old Fashion oats. Too much salt in the instant packages. It is a good filler and is good for you. I also will have cinnamon roasted Almonds. 6 pieces of dried apricots. 6 pieces of cubed cheese , 6 ritz crakers and 10 grapes. I make them up in a zipock bag to take to work and in the car.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    i eat hummus and triscuits,,,turkey bacon...old wisconsin turkey bites....yoplait yogurt...fruit...bowl of cereal.....jello......snack crackers.....i rarely eat my veggies as a snack
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    fruit?
  • PatasDeGallina
    PatasDeGallina Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Beer. :happy:
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    chocolate, oat meal, a bag of chips, some nuts, crackers, cheese...what did you eat before?

I cut up a bunch of veggies....cucumber,peppers,mushrooms,carrots,tomatoes,and put them in a baggie and eat them lol but its sooo boring

But what did you eat before that? What did you eat before you started trying to lose weight?

I can't remember I've been on a diet for sooo long lol ...a lot of carbs ....crackers.....chips...rice cakes
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Pretzels.
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    http://www.canadianparents.com/article/100-family-snacks-under-100-calories

This site is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Check it out.

Thank u!!!!!!
  • lori4013
    lori4013 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    LMAO
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    chocolate, oatmeal, a bag of chips, some nuts, crackers, cheese...what did you eat before?

I can't remember I've been on a diet for sooo long lol ...a lot of carbs ....crackers.....chips...rice cakes

See, you can still snack on those things. Stop dieting, start eating foods you love, just eat them in moderation. Screw it, one of my friends (ridiculously ripped guy) has a section in his diary for ice cream, eat whatever you want, just stay within your calorie range.
  • jared767
    Options
    That's actually right! Don't be too hard on yourself. I never had veggies for a snack. I would have them for lunch and dinner, but never for snack.
  • thogston
    thogston Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Just had my snack it was Savoritz Garlic and chive pita crackers with some Hummus (1tbsp) spread on each one had 7 crackers at 10 calories each and hummus added and spread to each one at 30 calories- total snack 100 calories and has the sweetness but the crunch to it. :happy:
  • Carrot1971
    Carrot1971 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Pickled herring

This made me LOL
  • RunnerLisa1
    RunnerLisa1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My quick snack is string cheese or cottage cheese with some fruit mixed in like strawberries or blueberries. I also LOVE fruit cocktail with cherries and I'll mix a little cottage cheese in to fill me up with protein. Occasionally I'll have a hard boiled egg. I get bored with veggies as my snack. Love them with my meal or if I need something warm to eat but when I want a snack...I want a snack!!! LOL! Good luck!