Dietary Supplements

Options
So I was just curious to how the community felt about Dietary Supplements.
I had some brief experience with some years back and it worked wonders.

But my question/s to y'all is (btw you dont have to address all the questions just answer the one that reflects your opinion best)

Is it cheating?
Are you all for natural weight loss?
Do you share a "by any means possible" mentality?
Are any of you taking any right now?
ect.?

-Freddy

Replies

• Chloooe22
    Chloooe22 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I would love to find something that acctually works?!?! if you have any ideas haha
  • drpurl
    drpurl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I take a supplement & it is awesome! I do not feel it is any less natural, it just helps me out. I still work out, I still log & I still watch what I am eating. It is all natural appetite control and Energy dietary supplement is a synergistic blend of ingredients including Dark Cocoa and Natural Caffeine, plus additional key ingredients. One or two capsules will turn-off your hunger switch and kick you into gear.
  • Novikay
    Novikay Posts: 62
    Options
    It totally depends on what is in the supplements. Some can be harmful or harmless.
  • DonnaRe2012
    DonnaRe2012 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Chemicals....chemicals....chemicals... Can't see how putting this JUNK into my body can be beneficial/

I eat as clean as possible and I do take a few vitamins to boost my health.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Supplements are just that. They supplement. There is no cure all.

Healthy Eating, Exercise, Water, and persistence are the only real options.

Most supplements will show very little if any result unless your diet is already in check.
  • sexycheesemonkey
    sexycheesemonkey Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm on HCG...and let'snot get into the rant people get into here about it. But I've tried supplements before, and the only problem is many people think that they can take the supplements and just continue whatever theyre doing, which is completely incorrect. I dont believe they are cheating, but you do have to be careful as some can be harmful (all bodies are different so some may or may not pertain to the individual). I used to be the 'by any means possible mentality" and honestly...some of the things I did as a teen were not healthy by any means at all and I do regret them now. Is there anything specific you're looking at?
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I have found that the best dietary supplement is will power. Forget everything else.
  • freddy6507
    Options
    Well the supplement I had success with was Hydroxycut, but I think that was back when it still had Ephedrine in it :-\.

So I was considering it again
  • EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    supplements depends what supplements ur talking about if its "weightloss" stuff like body bi vi etc imo its total BS.. ive never seen some keep the weight off... yeah u may loose 10-20lbs with it in short term but ur not goign to be spending ur money n drinking the crap forever right? so for weightloss change in diet and excersise is the only best way to do it!!! nothing else!!!

now building muscle or bodybuilding supplements can help... creatine, arginine, lecuine, bcaa's, tribulus, protein shakes, is everything your body needs and when its building muscle this stuff is high in depand and you need to get it in you one way or another... i never buy the hyped up stuff with crap in it.. like cell-tech creatine or others.. i always get pure extracts...

creatine monohydrate 5g servings
    Arginine 5g servings
    leucine or bcaas
    tribulus extract
    everything can be bought for $60 for 30 day supply with crap in it or you can buy pure extracts which will be better for you and work just like the expensive stuff and it will last you 6months!!!! for about 1/4 of the price
  • EuroDriver12
    Options
    Well the supplement I had success with was Hydroxycut, but I think that was back when it still had Ephedrine in it :-\.

ECA works great.. hydroxycut sux now so dont get it.. just make ECA stack..

Ephedrine 25mg or 8mg pills
    Caffeine 200mg pills
    Aspirin get 325mg pill and split into 4 (lots of ppl took it out but small doses are just fine)
    for $60 u have a 8 week cycle!!!

its what a friend of mine (bodybuilder) uses to cut down instead of things like clen,t3 etc as they cause health issiues...
  • sexycheesemonkey
    sexycheesemonkey Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    (Almost) Any supplement can work, as long as a healthy diet and exercise are maintained along with it. So many people will say that it's not worth it. If you feel that it is, do research on it, and consult a doctor before trying it. Other than that there's not much I can say about Hydroxicut, I tried it but just had a problem swallowing pills constantly, so it didnt work well for me cause I didnt take it often.
  • freddy6507
    Options

ECA works great.. hydroxycut sux now so dont get it.. just make ECA stack..

Ephedrine 25mg or 8mg pills
    Caffeine 200mg pills
    Aspirin get 325mg pill and split into 4 (lots of ppl took it out but small doses are just fine)
    for $60 u have a 8 week cycle!!!

its what a friend of mine (bodybuilder) uses to cut down instead of things like clen,t3 etc as they cause health issiues...

Duly noted my friend thanks for the info
  • EuroDriver12
    Options
    np shoot me PM if you want the dosage info as you have to sloowly over 15 day period increase it...

ps. i dont drink coffee, pop or anything caffinated.. took ECA stack first time like a week ago n i was bouncing off walls haha ppl at work thought i was on speed or something cuz i wouldnt shut up or stop working haha it was just like go go go go wish u could take this stuff when ur out drinking! would be a blast haha
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    IMO, an ECA stack for someone that does not know how to control and balance their nutrition first is just setting yourself up for failure down the road.

For a bodybuilder, cutting weight before stage. For a guy who's been bulking all winter before summer, fine.. but not for the average person who just started "dieting"
  • EuroDriver12
    Options
    IMO, an ECA stack for someone that does not know how to control and balance their nutrition first is just setting yourself up for failure down the road.

For a bodybuilder, cutting weight before stage. For a guy who's been bulking all winter before summer, fine.. but not for the average person who just started "dieting"

that is correct... thats why i said for weight loss number one is proper nutirtion and excersise....

ECA stack/supplements are your last resort!! you also have to remember there is NO magic pill that will make you shredded with huge amounts of muscle!!!! nutirtion is key!!! look at any interview with bodybuilders! they bearly touch on training... first thing they hop on is "i got to mr.olympia with consitency of training(very quiet tone of voice), FULL TIME PROPER NUTIRTION and sleep! on everyday consitant basis!" - jay cutler