Tell me about the Fitbit?

Options
So...the Fitbit tracker? Anyone have it and love it? Cause I need a good HRM, and it seems to have everything one would need in a quality HRM. I was told previously that the Polar Chest Straps are the way to go if I'm a girl doing cross training. What I wanna know is how does the Fitbit calculate calories burnt if it doesn't track a heart rate??

Replies

• JustBeckyV
    Options
    Someone else just asked the same thing :) There is a thread. i have been considering one or mabye the jawbone up and then there is the new nike fuelband
  • GreekByMarriage
    GreekByMarriage Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Fitbit is not a HRM it is more like a very fancy pedometer. It gives you calories burned for the amount of walking you do in a day... I was looking at getting one as well but if you want to see how many calories you burn while exercising than an actual HRM is the way to go. I am looking at getting one of the Polar ones.
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Someone else just asked the same thing :) There is a thread. i have been considering one or mabye the jawbone up and then there is the new nike fuelband

I'd hold off on the jawbone up - my hubs got one but had to return it because like many other people, his had a problem with not holding a charge. The company sent him a replacement which also was defective. So he gave up and returned it to where he bought it. A neat device (did what was advertised), but not worth the $$ til they work out the kinks.
  • JustBeckyV
    Options
    Thats what I had been reading too about the jawbone up - I do like the looks of it the best. Well the nike is cool but it's way pricey!