HAIR LOSS!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Is this hair loss a recent development?
    And can you define eating healthy, or give us the diary password? Are you sure you are getting adequate nutrition?
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options

Also I use nioxin shampoo and conditioner. I wont use anything else. I have been using it for the past 6 yrs.

I have heard about the nioxin shampoo and conditioner, but what exactly does it do? Somebody else stated it will activate my hair follicles? Confused. But interested in a shampoo vs. a pill like biotin. I hate pills.

The biotin I take dissolves in my mouth and tastes fine. :-)
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    if you have thick dark hair it may seem like you're losing a lot more. I seem to have a hairbrush full twice a day at my morning shower and post workout shower, you can lose about 100 hairs a day though which will look like much more on a hairbrush and on the floor, especially when some fragments off. The longer your hair the more likely you are to notice it. My hair is about 3/4 the length of my back so it really does look like I should be going bald! Don't worry unless you have patches of hair loss or actual thinning. :)
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Nioxin will work if the cause of your hairloss is clogged follicles. But if that's not the cause, you're out of luck.
  • missdelarocha
    missdelarocha Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I think around 100 hairs is normal, the longer your hair is the more it looks, that includes darkness, have you ever attempted to count or average the amount of hairs you are losing?

You can check out thelonghaircommunity.com if you'd like to research shedding a little more, it's a pretty helpful site!

Good luck and I hope your excessive shedding ends soon.
  • claire_90
    Options
    potassium, frequent trims and a good shampoo

I've bleached my hair to death and lost weight fast... my hair was actually snapping in half! those three things helped me a lot. I still dye it and straighten it every single day but it's getting better!
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    Thanks for those suggestions. Ever since having surgery this year, my hair is getting worse. I am contemplating chopping it off (its mid back) and letting it grow back in, but then Im afraid it wont grow. Its really thin now.
  • msallymae
    msallymae Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    i was losing hair a few months ago and then i realized i was taking too many vitamins....
  • velloxal
    velloxal Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem after my first pregnancy.:sad: My Mother in low suggested Black turnip juice for hair loss. Use freshly squeezed juice, wrap with foil than with towel. You can blow hot air on it from hair dryer for better effect. Then wash your hair. It smell a bit so if your hair will still smell after use of shampoo and conditioner rinse your hair with warm water with vinegar which eliminate all odours. My hair was healthy again after few uses. If you don't have juicer, grate black turnip and squeeze juice.

Your body might lack from vitamins and minerals from fresh fruits and vegetables. Boost your immune system with freshly squeezed juices. If you don't have juicer at home you can buy them at Shopping Centre - Juice Bars, you can have different combination each day to fill your body with essential nutrition’s. :bigsmile: