Sugar

Options
I am allowed 1200 calories a day but I am also trying to watch how much sugar I take in. I am 26 years old and 5'5 what would be an okay amount.

TIA

Replies

• JansterL
    JansterL Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Nobody can really answer that question......nobody knows what's considered 'healthy' for you versus everyone else.

A good rule of thumb.... Avoid candy, candy bars, chocolate, sugary drinks, and other non-essential sugary things.

Other than that - you should have your SUGAR levels checked by a doctor. With that information - the doctor can tell you what's good or bad in terms of sugar intake for YOU.
  • JodiCole
    Options
    I get that, just like on the 17 day diet they says to choose a bbq sauce with 15g or less. Just wondering what most people intake with in a day
  • paleojamie
    Options
    I get that, just like on the 17 day diet they says to choose a bbq sauce with 15g or less. Just wondering what most people intake with in a day

I have around 65g a day .. but that is pretty much all from fruit and veg
  • JansterL
    JansterL Posts: 28 Member
    Options

I actually don't monitor that at all. I drink diet sodas and I don't eat sweets at all (not even cookies or anything like that).

My blood sugar levels are on the LOW side (of normal) - so I really don't worry about the sugars in regular foods (per say).