Diet Pills... Good or Bad??

Options
I used to use Zantrex 3 a while back.. and I did get results...but i was also hitting the gym pretty hard.
So what do you think.. good or bad?

Replies

• KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    unnecessary.
    Why risk your health when you can get in shape without them?:happy:
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    BAD BAD BAD BAD!!!! I don't care what anyone says, they aren't natural and they aren't good for you. You can do this without resorting to drugs, I have faith in you! :flowerforyou:
  • MommyWilson
    Options
    I can definitely feel the energy difference when I did and didn't use diet pills. If you think that you need the energy to get to the gym, then go ahead, but make sure to follow up with a protein shake or supplement.
  • photoman67
    photoman67 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    No good, you don't need them.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I think they are bad. They give us the illusion that we can still eat whatever we want and not exercise and that we'll be healthy - that's false. I have a friend on Alli and she says it means she doesn't digest a third of the fat she eats... and I'm thinking, why not just eat 1/3 less fat and skip the diarrhea?

They also create a yo-yo dieting cycle, because when you go off them, suddenly you're more hungry, or you're getting all the fat you're eating...

What this website has taught me is that changing your lifestyle to eat healthier and to lose weight is not nearly as hard as I imagined it was gonna be. Sure, I'm losing weight very slowly, compared to getting a bastric bypass surgery or taking some new diet pill... but I'm also losing it healthy, and and changing my lifestyle to be more healthy in all ways, other than just my eating.

My biggest challenge in the beginning was being hungry all the time. But once I came off the toxic sugar/carb thing, the hunger pains went away. I no longer craved them all the time. And also setting reasonable goals that I could achieve - I tried the 2 pound per week, but it wasn't enough calories for me to ever be satisfied with my food on a non gym day, so I went to the gym every day.. ended up exhausted and didn't lose weight for the month anyway! So I changed to 1.5 per week and I am having much less difficulty staying in cals on non gym days, and I take my days off from the gym. It's really so much easier than I thought it would be.

My experience applies more to people who are very obese, because in the beginning these little changes do so much, vs. someone who has 30 pounds or less to lose.