appetite suppression

Options
Please give me ideas to curb my appetite...

I know probably everyone will say drink water, lots of it...that doesnt work for me. just makes me nauseous. I drink my water daily, but to just sit and drink and drink makes me sick. and doesnt help hunger.

anything else i can do? i have tried the diet soda thing and it works for a little bit but not long. i am not opposed to taking supplements. Thanks

Replies

• samatalma
    samatalma Posts: 197
    Options
    More fiber and protein in your meals and snacks.
  • kmp411
    kmp411 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Add more fat to your diet
  • sunnyrunner23
    sunnyrunner23 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    bump
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I think you should focus on having more filling meals or snack on things that will fill you up more - fiber and protein rich foods. Just suppressing your appetite isn't going to help - you'll just hate dieting because of it.
  • dhess2565
    Options
    I have a few people in my office who have lost weight. They offered
    Green Tea (no sweetner artificial or otherwise)

This really worked for me as well. The time it takes to sip down a hot cup of tea takes away my psychological need for food and the antioxidants in the tea curb.

If you are truly hungry (not hitting your calorie needs) then eat something. I like 1.5 oz of peanut butter (250 cal) and celery as this is fiber and helps too.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    more protein and fiber will help
    but if youre feeling real hunger then you should eat :)
  • committomittxoxo
    committomittxoxo Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Gum and soda can work, at least for a while.. however, doing both of these causes you to swallow air which can make you bloated, and needless to say, gassy. :) You really don't want to do anything to "suppress" your appetite. Unless one considers "smoke cigarettes" to be good advice, it really shouldn't be the goal. This may be sacrilegious to say on a calorie counting website, but to be honest, as long as you're eating good foods, you don't have to worry about your intake. If your regular meals just aren't cutting it, keep a bowl of fruit handy.. and go to town.
    Good Luck!
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    If you really want a pill for it, PGX seems to be well-reviewed. I haven't tried it, though. For me drinking a variety of teas through the day helps, sweetened with Stevia. Or hot water with lemon. You might also do better if you spread out your eating through the day between three meals and two snacks.

Do make sure you're eating enough to support your body, and getting enough fiber, protein and fat - real hunger signals are there for a reason :smile:
  • hyenagirl
    hyenagirl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Add more fat to your diet

This! Fats helps curb me appetite. I try to avoid fiber, gross.
  • Bloomsday
    Bloomsday Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Exercise kills my appetite.

And at night if I'm really, really hungry I just go to bed! :)
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    slow digesting proteins like greek yogurt, cottage cheese in the evening. It builds lean muscle while you sleep.

Also, blueberry green tea is a good suppressor between meals/snacks. Nuts, beans, oats, sweet potatoes... hmmm I can't think of anything else. Those will fill you up.
  • glaramee
    glaramee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I find eating more protein works for me. But I'm a night time eater. Only things that work really well for me are...chew gum, suck on a lifesaver (not a whole roll lol), and drink tea. No cream, one sugar. Caffeinated in the morning, decaf at night. Hope that helps?
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Actual orange and lemon slices in hot tea, or iced tea....dunno what it is... but it helps me.
  • shastacrystal
    Options
    Carrots work for me sometimes. They really fill my belly up when I need to supress my appetite till my next meal.
  • shastacrystal
    Options
    Oh and I am a HUGE fan of greek yogurt! :)
  • BachelorButton55
    BachelorButton55 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Eat something minty or brush your teeth! Kills my appetite every time.
  • GraceOrr
    Options
    Fiber, Fiber, Fiber, Protein and yes, tons of water! Have you ever tried a protein shake?
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    GG Bran Crisps - they are only 12 calories and have like 5g of fiber (or is it 8???) either way - put some PB on them and drink a glass of water b/c they are dry. Completely fills me up!!!!
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Make sure you combine proteins with your carbs. So, don't just have an orange, have an orange and some greek yogurt or cottage cheese. Or make sure you have some meat in your sandwich loaded with veggies and whole grain bread. The combination of the protein and carbs together slow down the rate that the carbs are processed and help to make you feel fuller/satisfied longer.
  • penny5
    penny5 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I know others won't agree but Hydroxycut really helps!