Alcohol????

Options

Replies

• nomadic_neenz
    Options
    I estimate that each shot is +/- 100 cal each. Even if it is under 100 cal it helps me keep a little more control (haha).
    Diet sodas/waters/etc are awesome and my friend makes a great gin & tonic with sprite zero, diet tonic, a lot of lime/lemon juice & some cheap terrible gin...can't taste it at all.
  • seanwebster
    seanwebster Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I've been sticking with lite beer, bourbon and diet cola, gin and club with lime. They say red wine is good for you and relatively low-calorie but I just can't do it. I also have a water or sugar-free energy drink every second or third order.

For me, the bar isn't the pitfall. It's the search for food afterward to pile onto the booze. Waffle House isn't exactly known for their health food.
  • dobenjam
    dobenjam Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I think it has hurt me losing more than I have but I have plenty of time to lose the weight. Have fun.

My favorite drink is Vodka and Sugar Free Redbull, (Only about 90 Cals depending on the vodka)
  • diddypants
    Options
    My favorite drink is Vodka and Sugar Free Redbull, (Only about 90 Cals depending on the vodka)

Mine as well! However, I am a beer fan, which gets me into trouble. I enjoy a lot of those delicious, frothy, dark beers, which can be high in calories and so forth. However, you would be surprised at some of the lighter beers - i.e. Blue Moon - as some of those are anywhere from 180 - 200 calories a pop. Ho hum... :wink:
  • dobenjam
    dobenjam Posts: 232 Member
    Options

Mine as well! However, I am a beer fan, which gets me into trouble. I enjoy a lot of those delicious, frothy, dark beers, which can be high in calories and so forth. However, you would be surprised at some of the lighter beers - i.e. Blue Moon - as some of those are anywhere from 180 - 200 calories a pop. Ho hum... :wink:

I'm sorry, I guess what I meant is my favorite diet drink! I LOVE BEER! I haven't had much of it recently but when I do I find amstel Light is the best tasting, under 100 Cals, and higher alcohol content than an Ultra.
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Try wine coolers - 2 oz of red wine, sparkling water and a wedge of lemon or lime. Only 50 calories.
  • scribla
    Options
    Cabo Wabo Anejo Tequila is only 69 calories. I used to be a mixed shot kind of guy, (vodka/cranberry) but the mixer will make the calories add up QUICK. Anejo is so smooth it doesn't need to be dressed to shoot, so no added sodium either. Just my two cents..
  • karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I also wanted to know... I rarely drink anymore but I am going out this weekend.

I usually order Gin and Tonic and stick to 2 drinks a night and then I drink Perrier or flat water... I don't bother ordering diet tonic just because every time I've asked I've been told they had none :(
  • BodyKarate86
    BodyKarate86 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Vodka with water and crystal light packages seem to be popular and low calorie. Also vodka soda lime is another good one even though it's been said. I've switched to this when I do drink...I used to drink a ton, mostly beer, explains the belly lmao
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    vodka water/ diet coke! with a slice of lemon/lime
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    My thoughts on alcohol...you gotta live once in a while.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Since I have been skimping on decadent foods, I tend to go all out when it comes to beer. I love the stuff and would rather eat a salad and have a good brew than have a steak and get a cheap tasting one.

I think beer is more important than food. I can't live without it!!! (I enjoy in moderation and in calorie deficit, of course)

It's really the only foodstuff that I REALLY slow down and enjoy the taste of.

...and now I'm thirsty :D
  • twbaker43
    Options
    Bud Select 55 CALORIES!!
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Hard liquor and a diet/sugar-free chaser or mixer (rum/diet coke, vodka/sf red bull)
    Low-carb beer (Michelob Ultra has a great carb count; Miller Lite is also good)
  • TequillaLover89
    TequillaLover89 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Bud Select 55 CALORIES!!
    But tastes like pee
    Just sayin

I do think select 55 is good for long social events. Just as something to sip on for a long period of time.
  • diddypants
    Options
    I'm sorry, I guess what I meant is my favorite diet drink! I LOVE BEER! I haven't had much of it recently but when I do I find amstel Light is the best tasting, under 100 Cals, and higher alcohol content than an Ultra.

No - I gotcha! There are times where I don't feel like beer - all the calories and heaviness. I try drinking those 'diet' beers, but they are so flavorless. I usually go with Bud Select in the summer months when playing softball but only because the concession stand has a limited selection.
  • lovemydrmartens
    lovemydrmartens Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

tried this one once... they had to send up a light aircraft to retrieve me... :laugh:
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I Quit
  • magsduff0
    Options
    Not suggesting you become a teetotaler, but frequently alcohol stimulates the appetite. Try club soda with a lemon slice -- ask for it in a wine glass so you don't have to 'explain'. You can always say your having a spritzer or whatever. If you are in a place where it's hot and loud, your body will thank you the next day when you're not bruising with a hangover.
  • cracked_belle
    cracked_belle Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    avoid the beer at all costs!! that's the some of the heaviest alcoholic drinks you can get. moreover, because they have a lower alcoholic percentage in them, people often feel like they have to drink more to get the buzz they would with from another drink.

here's a link to an interesting article that will further inform you: http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/low-calorie-cocktails