I need breakfast ideas

Options
Pneeleysmom
Pneeleysmom Posts: 75 Member
I need some quick, easy, filling breakfast ideas!! I'll take whatever you dish out!

Replies

• soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I usually boil a few eggs the previous evening and grab to eat in the morning.

Instant oatmeal or if you have a crock pot, dump some steel oats in it the night before and cook overnight so it's ready in the AM. Top however you want (honey, greek yogurt, etc)

Take a couple of eggs and crack them into a large coffee mug, add whatever veggies/toppings you like (I usually do bell peppers, onions, a little chili powder for a kick, etc). Then, zap for a minute or more in the microwave and voila you have cooked eggs. Stick it in a whole wheat or multi grain english muffin and you have a homemade egg mcmuffin. Put it in a corn tortilla with some salsa and you have a breakfast burrito.

Hope this helps - I know it's hard to put together a meal in the morning when you're running around a million mph but with some planning, it actually ends up being doable.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    eggs
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Marmite on toast does it for me
  • Costello08
    Costello08 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yogurt & granola with fruit
  • oldale40
    oldale40 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    quick oats ,0%fat greek yogurt, frozen blueberries
  • iheartauggie
    iheartauggie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I enjoy toasted Lowfat Eggo waffles with natural peanut butter.
  • teelynn35
    teelynn35 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    go to www.emilybites.com all her recipes are weight watcher recipes and are YUMMY!!! You can make the breakfast cupcakes up ahead of time and reheat them in the mornings
  • nathan72
    nathan72 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    oatmeal with blueberries and honey
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    half a grape fruit, fruit crunch ryvita w/ almond butter + 100g greek yogurt my fav! quick, yummy, very filling!
  • mindyc2011
    mindyc2011 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup refried beans without the fry, a lil salsa, topped with a fried egg (fried in pam spray of course)..high in protein, filling, and yummy
  • Clara
    Clara Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    frozen berries (thaw overnight) topped with either greek yogurt or cottage cheese

fibre one cereal, berries and almond milk

oatmeal with 1 tsp peanut butter and almond milk

yummo
  • GraceOrr
    Options
    I usually have low sugar instant oatmeal, dry toast, and coffee, and sometimes a granola bar.. My husband makes old fashion oats and sprinkles a ton of cinnamon and a pinch of sugar on his. We both have a protein shake as well.
  • oOoMicheleoOo
    oOoMicheleoOo Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    porridge , porridge and porridge .... that's about all I manage. Quick 2 minute nuke in the micro and it's good to go. Liking the ideas though. May have to try some of them, thank you
  • teelynn35
    teelynn35 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I also eat instant cream of wheat, and use light chocolate silk milk instead of water. Yum, I also add some flax meal to it. Only takes 90 seconds
  • MissCheese
    MissCheese Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    My staple is granary toast with butter and marmite. Otherwise I have quick cook porridge with honey & fruit, or low fat yohgurt fruit & honey.

At the weekends I have scrambled eggs.
  • SuzyQq02
    SuzyQq02 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I alternate between two weekday morning meals:

Egg whites (1/4cup from a carton or 2 eggwhites) in the microwave for a minute and a half, topped with LF cheese on a sandwich thin. I usually mix a little Sriracha or seasoned salt in with the eggs.

Oatmeal made with 1/3c quick cooking oats, 1/2 a scoop of vanilla protein powder, 2tbsp apple sauce, 2 tbsp pumkin puree, some pumpkin pie spice, a pack of stevia, and enough water to get the consistency I want. Micro for a couple minutes until it's the consistency I want.
  • KaraForeman
    Options
    I pre make breakfast wraps:

tortilla wraps or english muffins with scrambled egg whites, bacon or sausage or ham and a little shredded cheese. wrap them in saran wrap and throw them in the freezer. I take one out in the morning and its thawed by the time I get to work. You just pop it in the microwave for 30 seconds and its a warm, filling breakfast!
  • ohgoody84
    Options
    I really love these Banana Oatmeal "muffins" I just found a recipe for!

3 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
    1c almond milk
    2 eggs
    3 cups uncooked Oatmeal
    1 tbsp baking powder
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    mini chocolate chips

mix all the ingredients together and bake in muffin tins (I like making the mini size) for 15-20 minutes or until slightly golden brown. The chocolate chips are optional but I like to add a few just for some sweetness. My husband likes to drizzle a little honey over his. Without the choc chips, each mini muffin is 45 calories and a great thing to grab and eat on the go!
  • noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    This morning I made the most delicious breakfast using a Mission carb control tortilla, spread 2 T of spreadable goat cheese, then I cooked 2 slices of red onion in a little almond oil (canola or olive works fine) and added 3T of egg beaters and added that to my tortilla, rolled it up and it was sooooo delicious and filling! I was not hungry all morning. Took me about 5 minutes to do.
  • princessputz
    princessputz Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    2 unsalted rice cakes + 2 TBSP PB & 1 serving yogurt