Couch to 5k

Options
12346»

Replies

• cawalt
    cawalt Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My sister and I both started it in July and we ran a 5K in October and I ran another one in November. I love that program and now I have been doing the Bridge to 10K. I dont necessarily know if I will do a 10K, but I just really like the workouts. I strongly suggest it!! Good luck!
  • Bekzness
    Bekzness Posts: 122
    Options
    I completed it and it was great.

I used the NHS C25K version, had great music and encouraging motivation on it so was fun to do :)

Its a free download, just goggle it! Have fun!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I am on my third round of C25K. I will be doing week 5, day 2 tonight at the gym.

My biggest cautions are, stretch really well before AND after doing it and don't push it too hard even if you feel great. Follow the program and you won't hurt yourself. That is why this is my third time starting it. I tend to ignore pain and keep on pushing and I hurt myself twice because of that. Plus the first time I did it, I wasn't stretching before, just after.

I was a runner when I was younger, but I totally hated it. I ran cross country and long distance track because that's what my parents wanted me to do.

I love running now. I do it because I enjoy it and I love the workout I get. Hopefully all you considering starting this will feel the same way!
  • Operation_Me
    Operation_Me Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week 3 today. Feel free to add me. I would love more friends who are doing this program(any week) so we can support each other and keep each other on track!
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Totally works!

I did it back in 2010 - had never run before that. EVER. It was rough at the beginning but I did meet my goal of jogging the entire way during a race. If you've never run before, just focus on the TIME that the program says, not distance. In my first race, I averaged about 5.1mph. Speed will come later.

It has been about a year and a half and now a 5k is my 'usual' for a weekday jog. I can say without a doubt that the C25K program worked for me.

I find it funny to think how terribly out of shape I was when I started - I could barely make it through 2 minutes straight of jogging at a pace barely above my walking speed.

Good luck to everyone who's just starting! And don't forget, you can repeat weeks on the program until you feel comfortable with them!
  • mrFerris
    mrFerris Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Yes, you should totally do it. It is downright amazing how at the beginning, even the one-minute runs seemed virtually impossible, but by the end, I could run!! Now, about 3 months after finishing C25k, I am still running 3 days a week. Yesterday I did 4.5 miles. I had an app on my phone and the voice would tell you when to walk and run, it kept it very simple!

I would be interested in finding out what this app is called. I have been looking for something like this but so far no luck.

I agree the 1 min run is killing the first time. I just did my third day of week one and already I found it easier than the first day. Pain having to keep setting my phone to beep at 60 and 90 secs though!

Edit: got it sorry should have more before asking.
  • Caroline244
    Caroline244 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am still on week 1 of the C25K program but think this is a good program. If anyone is interested in supporting each other throughout the full program, feel free to add me as a friend and I'd be happy to be a cheerleader for you :-)
  • Caroline3746
    Caroline3746 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I want to do it, im not the greatest runner and would love to step up my game. One of my goals is to run a marathon =]
  • kristypie
    kristypie Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I started the progam 5 weeks ago, on January 2. Today I ran the enitre workout (w6d1), for 21 minutes straight. This program is awesome. I have never in my life ran like I did today. I'd never ran a mile without stopping before, and today I ran for 1.75. Best money I've ever paid for an app in my life.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!