RED TEAM IS RECRUITING! WEEK 6

Options

Replies

• andrea09
    andrea09 Posts: 124
    Options
    Haha. Andrea, I'll keep it how it is - don't be sorry. I weigh myself during the week too and I'm always struggling to remember what weight was which day because I don't always keep track of it.

And thanks... :smile: I'm going to fix it up tonight with more info as we hear from people. For example I have to add Jenn's stuff.

Oh good I am glad I am not the only one who does this. Sometimes I am a real space cadet! :laugh:
  • andrea09
    Options
    Mel~
    My real starting weight with MFP was 267 if you want to change it....:wink:
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'll change it if you want. More loss for you! haha :flowerforyou:
  • andrea09
    Options
    Okay so I have a question about exercise for you all....

I am kinda new to exercise and just recently got a "used" elliptical from a friend. Do you get the same benefits doing 15 min in the morning and 15 min in the afternoon as doing all of the 30 min in one session. The reason I am asking is that I can only do 15 min at a time. I feel like I am about to die at that point. :laugh: I do 40 min straight on the treadmill but dang this elliptical kicks me in the behind. So whats up? Is it using different muscle groups that I am not used to? So confused! :huh:
  • anglbebe
    anglbebe Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Actually you got my weight wrong. I started 285 2 years ago but since I started here at 234 2 weeks ago currently 227 I weigh tomorrow.. But other than that Awesome job on the excel file :bigsmile: !!

I have a question. Does everyone weigh more after a workout i was 226 then after work out i was 227 or is this just me????:ohwell:

How many Andrea's:flowerforyou: are here? I'm Andrea too!
  • andrea09
    Options
    Actually you got my weight wrong. I started 285 2 years ago but since I started here at 234 2 weeks ago currently 227 I weigh tomorrow.. But other than that Awesome job on the excel file :bigsmile: !!

I have a question. Does everyone weigh more after a workout i was 226 then after work out i was 227 or is this just me????:ohwell:

Very cool....nice to meet another Andrea....:flowerforyou:

I do weigh more after a workout. I am not sure why that is. Maybe a retention in water?
  • hurleycutie142
    hurleycutie142 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    wow im loving my new team and its activity...
    i think our challenge should be the water challenge again because no one really susceeded with it...

SO THIS WEEKS CHALLENGE IS DRINK 8 CUPS OF WATER A DAY...

and be ready to spend the day in the bathroom lol
  • hurleycutie142
    hurleycutie142 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    o and my name is Monique... i started this group awhile ago because i wanted to start a team that would be able to motivate each other during the weight loss journey... joining this team is a great idea because we always motivate each other and if u ever fall off the wagon we are always there to pick u up... we usually talk about our day andour eating habits for the day...

WELCOME

:drinker: :drinker:
  • mskellyw
    mskellyw Posts: 111
    Options
    Hi! Can I join you guys? I weigh in on Mondays and would love some accountability. I just started on this site a couple of weeks ago and my starting weight was 190. I'm now at 185.4. I live in Tucson where the weather is really hot and dry, so this week's water challenge won't be any problem for me! :drinker:
  • MelL1205
    Options

Wow sorry. My brain read 227 and 277. Sorry! Sooooo, Andrea, do you want me to use your starting weight as 234 then in my giant chart...?
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Hi! Can I join you guys? I weigh in on Mondays and would love some accountability. I just started on this site a couple of weeks ago and my starting weight was 190. I'm now at 185.4. I live in Tucson where the weather is really hot and dry, so this week's water challenge won't be any problem for me! :drinker:

Yea, I feel you. I'm up in Avondale but the past few days have been really nice. I can't believe its June... its suppose to be like 110 not 90 LOL. I'm loving it while it lasts, enjoying my walks while its still sunny haha.

I used to only drink Mountain Dew... and I spent all summer indoors cuz if I went outside for more than 30 mins I'd get heat headaches from not having enough water. Not this summer! Only water and maybe some tea for me and I'm gonna try to enjoy the heat :drinker:
  • MelL1205
    Options
    Updated:
    redteam-2.jpg

Once again, check for errors in your row. I fixed a few already, but I'm sure there are others.

The reason most of you new members have 0 is because unless you message me a different starting weight than what you posted earlier, I used the same weight in both columns. Next week, you will have change and everything.

And any original members that are not on the list, just post and I'll add you in. I was waiting to see how many of us there were left.

And welcome to all new members. I hope I have you all in the list here.

:smile:
  • kcdore_2469
    Options
    Hello,
    My name is Katrina and I would like to join
    What do I need to do?

Start: 211
    Current: 206
    goal: 150
  • MelL1205
    Options
    Hi Katrina, I'll add you in my chart.
    I'll post a new one tomorrow sometime. But I have you saved on my computer. So you needn't worry. I have not forgotten you. I just don't feel like uploading a new chart tonight.

Welcome to the red team. I believe we are starting over with our drinking 8 glasses of water a day challenge. It seems easy, but a lot of us struggle with it.

--
    Wow and keeping up with all the posts today has been INSANE! haha. But that's cool. :smile:
    I don't usually obsessively check MFP ten billion times a day like I did today. But I'll always catch up with my red team! :heart:
  • Bunnies_Revenge
    Options

Wow sorry. My brain read 227 and 277. Sorry! Sooooo, Andrea, do you want me to use your starting weight as 234 then in my giant chart...?

Water weight...did you drink a lot of water when you worked out or replenish the water you lost after you work out? Our body changes 2 pounds each day either up or down through out the day. That's why they tell you to measure about the same time each day.<~~~~To Andrea

Lol, you forgot me in the chart >.< but then I haven't been too active on forum last week.
  • Bunnies_Revenge
    Options
    My computer has crapped out on me. Lol, it should be fixed some time this week. So, I have to bike to the library and use theirs. I'm still here, just haven't been around to log. I do all my logging by hand for now and then update when I get on.

My weigh in!

Week 1: 273
    Week 2: 268
    Week 3: 263
    Week 4: no weigh
    Week 5: 256
    Week 6: 254

My doctor told me to increase my calorie intake to 1500. So, I will be getting more nuritients from food, but my weight loss will slow down a bit. I'm not really bummed out, because the point to losing the weight is to be healthy and I have to be healthy doing it.

Hey! Nice to see you back. I'll stick you in my spreadsheet this evening. :smile:
    Yeah my doctors don't want me to drop my intake less than 1400. Healthy it is!

Haha, I just read this post about being stuck into the chart xD...I feel slow now. And thanx!
  • Bunnies_Revenge
    Options
    Okay so I have a question about exercise for you all....

I am kinda new to exercise and just recently got a "used" elliptical from a friend. Do you get the same benefits doing 15 min in the morning and 15 min in the afternoon as doing all of the 30 min in one session. The reason I am asking is that I can only do 15 min at a time. I feel like I am about to die at that point. :laugh: I do 40 min straight on the treadmill but dang this elliptical kicks me in the behind. So whats up? Is it using different muscle groups that I am not used to? So confused! :huh:

Almost and not at all...you're using the same muscles but with the read mill you're actually focusing on more cardio and less muscle, where is on the elliptical you're focusing on building the muscle and less on the cardio. Both are great for cardio, and personally I love the elliptical more because I saw more results with this then the tread mill.

As for 15 minutes here or there. No it doesn't change your 'burn rate' of calories. Just your exhaustion rate. What changes your burn rate is what type of foods you're eating and water intake. So 15 mintues here or there is good for you.
  • MelL1205
    Options
    Jenn, you are in the updated one... don't worry. :smile: Don't feel slow. There's SOOOO many posts on this thread already - it's crazy!!!!!!! :smile:
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Question about the water challenge (and just in general):

I drink my water from a 1 liter bottle and just refill it when its empty from a gallon in the fridge. I take my bottle with me everywhere. How many bottles do I need to drink to make the 8 glasses a day? Also curious so I can track it properly on my food intake page.
  • MelL1205
    Options
    Question about the water challenge (and just in general):

I drink my water from a 1 liter bottle and just refill it when its empty from a gallon in the fridge. I take my bottle with me everywhere. How many bottles do I need to drink to make the 8 glasses a day? Also curious so I can track it properly on my food intake page.

If your goal is 8 8ounce glasses, then roughly 2 times. I believe there are roughly 33.814 ounces in a liter (could be off a little... doing it from memory). Therefore, that's like 2.8 ounces more than 8 8oz glasses of water. Some people consider a glass 10oz in which case, it would be like 2.4ish times you need to drink it.