When do you weigh?

Options
We all have our own little ritual, what is yours?

I weigh every morning, first thing (unless there is something I HAVE to do first) around the same time (5:00am).

Replies

• goneundone
    goneundone Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I weigh the same time as you.. preferably after my morning duty.
  • feb06momma
    Options
    I get a little number crazy...so I only let myself weigh in once a week and then I put the scales in the closet. I weigh in each Sunday morning. :)
  • Spinelli2288
    Spinelli2288 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    In the morning, clothes off, after the morning business. lol Best to be consistent and as accurate as possible. :)
  • ggus64
    ggus64 Posts: 22
    Options
    In the morning, clothes off, after my morning, "ahem" constitutional...
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Every Monday morning at 7 after I pee. :)
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Morning, naked after #1. I log whatever my weight is on Thursday morning.
  • Jessie544
    Jessie544 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself EVERY morning (to give to my nutritionist to track, log my weight on MFP every monday), in the buff, after I use the potty.... seems to be the popular thing to do!!! :)
  • lulabox
    lulabox Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Same here naked in the morning and after I pee. I sometimes weigh myself the night before out of curiosity: I'm always amazed by how much it goes down the following morning even though, well, that's kind of what your body does...
  • Ryan_Marie_
    Ryan_Marie_ Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Every Monday morning at 7 after I pee. :)

my ritual exactly :) I understand that weight fluctuates so I don't freak out if I'm a little heavier the next day, but I like to record so I can see my trend.
  • Elizabeth2point0
    Options
    I guess I'm the odd one out..
    I typically weigh myself on Sundays (the start of my MFP week), at the end of the day.. I love the weight the scale says when I cheat and weigh myself in the morning, in the nude, but that's not the weight I record.
  • lulabox
    Options
    I guess I'm the odd one out..
    I typically weigh myself on Sundays (the start of my MFP week), at the end of the day.. I love the weight the scale says when I cheat and weigh myself in the morning, in the nude, but that's not the weight I record.

It depends if you measure body fat also. It's better to do so in the morning after peeing and without clothes on as you get a more consistent reading that you can average out over a few days to get a good estimate.
  • dobenjam
    dobenjam Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Wow, didn't realize everyone stole my ritual. I was sure there would be some out there that would be "after my workout on Wednesday" or something.
  • Rebecca_87
    Rebecca_87 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself Sunday mornings before I've even had my morning cup of coffee. I attempt to take my body measurements at the same time.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    In my birthday suit after doing the businasty in the bathroom.
  • lulabox
    Options
    Wow, didn't realize everyone stole my ritual.

Hehehehehe :D
  • Mirth
    Mirth Posts: 77
    Options
    Thursdays are my weigh in day. I tend to wait about half an hour after I wake up, to shake the groggy feeling that leaves me feeling 10lbs heavier, and then weight myself naked. I take my measurements every other week, right after weighing in.
  • slimgal613
    Options
    I started to weigh myself every Saturday morning after my workout. It has made me be very concious of good eating for the rest of the weekend. Been working great so far.