100 Push Ups June

Options

Replies

• keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    That was funny to read JDHINAZ:laugh: It will take way more than a month to get to 100! But they are so worth it! Welcome to the Challenge!

leckel, I do them before I do my other arm exercises. Everyone says you are supposed to give your muscles a day off between workouts. It's worked out ok.
    In fact I do cardio (run) and try to do pilates MWF and then walk the dog and strength train on TU,TH,SA.

It's all about finding what works for you so you keep doing it.
    :flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm still around! I'm feeling a little ashamed now when I wear my hundred push ups shirt now. :tongue: My lower back has been giving me fits for a few months, so I have slacked off. I think I am going to switch to girly push ups :blushing: all the way to the floor and see if that helps my back. It will also get my arms back in shape. So I will be starting again on Monday probably week 2 level 1...maybe!
    Good to see you back Marla!
    Keiko, keep at it! You will get there! It took me about six months with the setbacks I had.
    I think CP is still doing them, even if she's not checking in.
    Welcome new people!
    See you all Monday!
    MM
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Okay, girly push ups today. Maybe I can get back to plank in a couple weeks after I get stronger again.
    Week 2 level 2 day 1
    15(min11)
    See you all on Wednesday!
    MM
  • Doitforbaby120808
    Options
    Hello

Thanks for this info. I found the site and started the program today. I think this will be very helpful. And I am already enjoying it. I think I might try the sit up logger too. Im looking into it!

I started out week 1 colum 3

thats 46 !
    Wow it was hard though. I cant wait to see were this takes me!

Thanks again ladies.
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    hi all

i actually just started this program last week. so today will be week 2 for me

i was wondering....

do any of you repeat a week? i felt like in the last set i was starting to lose my form

thanks, Ang
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Yes, we repeat weeks, in fact some of the weeks several times! I was not able to do 100 pushups in 6 weeks. It took me six months! I did a lot of repeating. I think we all do. Welcome to the thread and congrats on getting to week 2!
    MM
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Great to see everyone-- busy morning, so I haven't done 'em yet--

But I'll do 'em later-- my instructor harasses me if'n I don't-- :grumble:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

you could have done em already instead of talking about doin em
  • Marla64
    Options

you could have done em already instead of talking about doin em

see?
  • Marla64
    Options
    All right already-- !!!!!!!!

Week two, level two, day one--

So, there-- :tongue:

Heading to touch my flippin' toes-- :grumble:
  • cassangelidy
    cassangelidy Posts: 304
    Options
    I'm gonna join ya'll if that's cool!?!?

I am at work and therefore just printed out the schedule, so I will do it when I get home tonight. :bigsmile:
  • Marla64
    Options

I am at work and therefore just printed out the schedule, so I will do it when I get home tonight. :bigsmile:

Yayyyyyyyyy!!!!
  • cassangelidy
    Options

Yayyyyyyyyy!!!!

Yayyyyyyyy! Marla, you are too cute!

NICE ACTION on the goal...you are sooooo close!!!
  • keiko
    Options
    WoW! what a busy thread today! Kind of wish I had something to log. Not till tomorrow for me.

Welcome to our newest challengers! I hope you all enjoy it!

amcclure, sometimes the weeks have turned into months for me:laugh: But I figure everytime I do them I get alittle bit stronger so it doesn't matter how long it takes. It just matter that I keep at it.

See you all tomorrow!

Hey Dave, since you like to harrass Marla about getting hers done why don't you join us?!:happy:
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    thanks. i think i may have to repeat some of the weeks.

i just keep telling myself i will do it no matter what.

this is a good thread :drinker: :heart: :drinker:
  • Marla64
    Options
    WoW! what a busy thread today! Kind of wish I had something to log. Not till tomorrow for me.

Welcome to our newest challengers! I hope you all enjoy it!

amcclure, sometimes the weeks have turned into months for me:laugh: But I figure everytime I do them I get alittle bit stronger so it doesn't matter how long it takes. It just matter that I keep at it.

See you all tomorrow!

Hey Dave, since you like to harrass Marla about getting hers done why don't you join us?!:happy:
    Ooooohhhhhhh-- a challenge-- I like it.
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I finally found the new thread. Hi everybody!!! For those who don't know me, I've been working on pushups for much longer than I care to admit - nearly a year now. I repeat LOTS of weeks - probably all of them several times now. I made it all the way to 100 a couple months ago, but my form wasn't great - I realize now that I was only going about halfway down. So I have started over, and have been a little frustrated at how hard I still find it! I keep taking a week off and then coming back to the same place. So, here I am again - week 2, level 3, day 1. I am doing them plank-style (on my toes), going all the way to the floor.

15 (min 15)

Yikes. These are still really tough! :wink:
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    Sooooo I was reading the "instructions" and my hubby was like..."hey, whatcha got there" so I explained it to him. I asked him how many he thinks he could do...so he got down and tried it.....(he did 8 from his toes btw)....so I got down and I tried it....originally I was going to do the challenge from my knees, but I tried them from my toes and I got 6 on my first try!! So I think I'm going to continue from my toes as long as I can!! So day one is tomorrow. :happy:

Oh and my hubby is tooooootally gonna do it with me...I'm so proud of him. :heart: :heart:
  • keiko
    Options
    That's great that DH is going to do them too! You can motivate each other.

I like your goals/rewards. I think it helps when we reward ourselves on the way. Especially when it's not a going out for ice cream....
    :flowerforyou:
  • keiko
    Options
    Today was week 6, day 1, level 1
    at least 40 and I did 40 without a break!! YEAH ME:drinker:

I might get to move up to level 2 someday:laugh:

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday!