Acai

Options
Has anyone used Acai as a weight loss tool? I keep reading that it is wonderful for cleansing out toxins and burning fat. Anyone know from experience?

Replies

• Judway
    Judway Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    i drink the tea thats all
  • sondra216379
    sondra216379 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    does it help?
  • kag1526
    kag1526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I drink acai berry flavored tea... but only because it has no sugar and still tastes good... not because I thought it would help me lose weight (well at least not anymore then drinking water would)
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I asked this a few weeks ago on my profile and friends said that they were on the toilet the whole time and it was not worth the money! I haven't personally tried it but it doesn't sound like its worth it at all.
  • ezgoingal2
    Options
    I tried the Acai Berry and found no "different" results.
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I asked this a few weeks ago on my profile and friends said that they were on the toilet the whole time and it was not worth the money! I haven't personally tried it but it doesn't sound like its worth it at all.
    Was that acai or Alli?
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I use the Agro Labs Acia cleanse every morning and I also use a cleansing Acia pill product every 6 mos.

I LOVE IT!

The secret is to get the real stuff, which costs more but totally worth it. You must get the product with real juice and the pulp to get the desired results.

The hype is real, but you do have to be weary about the fake product, or the product with a low % that they are trying to pass off as the real thing.

I took my mom a bottle and she asked me to bring her 5 bottles the next time I came to see her, thats how well it works.
  • garteaga
    Options
    I tried the Acai Juice from walmart. It worked really great and you literally feel your stomach cleansing. Drink it with water also. You should find it in the Juice section with the orange juices.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Has anyone used Acai as a weight loss tool? I keep reading that it is wonderful for cleansing out toxins and burning fat. Anyone know from experience?
    My bad experience was in somebody working with MonaVie trying to recruit me into their MLM pyramid.
    The actual berries are great - filled with nutritious antioxidants.

I highly recommend them as a great source for what your body needs.
    But.....:huh:
    Don't get sucked into joining anybody's club, "business opportunity" or other such scam where Acai is touted to be some kind of miracle berry that will make all our dreams come true.

It's just a berry - a wonderful berry, but just a berry.
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I tried the pills with the colon cleanse, didn't have any effect that I noticed.
  • sondra216379
    Options
    Thanks! I believe my husband bought some acai supplements at wal mart a while back which is what I was referring to....but maybe I will try them for a while and see what happens
  • ZCEmama
    ZCEmama Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I like it, but you have to take it in moderation. I don't take 4 pills a day. I just take one pill at night. It helps my tummy stay regular and it didn't make mine hurt. I do a rotation of 30 days on and 30 days off. If you have tummy issues, it helps. But, I have heard of people having difficulties with it. I was lucky and it works for me.
  • sondra216379
    Options
    No No I didn't plan to join any club or anything of the sort.....planned to buy them from wal mart or whatever
  • Lesa_Sass
    Options
    Well, I honestly do not know what kind of product you can get at wallmart, but you have nothing to lose but fecal matter. Just be sure and wait and try it when you are not going anywhere the next morning. You do not know how it will effect you. When I start my 10 cleanse every 6 mos, I start on Friday night because I am going to go to the bathroom 3 or 4 times on Saturday. YAY, it is awesome. haha
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    For the people saying it "works".....works for what?
  • Lesa_Sass
    Options

Makes you go poop, like a lot, like a super duper alot. :)
  • killagb
    Options
    Well, I honestly do not know what kind of product you can get at wallmart, but you have nothing to lose but fecal matter. Just be sure and wait and try it when you are not going anywhere the next morning. You do not know how it will effect you. When I start my 10 cleanse every 6 mos, I start on Friday night because I am going to go to the bathroom 3 or 4 times on Saturday. YAY, it is awesome. haha
    Fecal matter and money...pooping yourself like crazy using supplements to do so...really unnecessary and just a plain bad idea. I can see nutritional arguments perhaps...but as a laxative...acting like that really helps anything, is silly.
  • killagb
    Options

Makes you go poop, like a lot, like a super duper alot. :)
    So a laxative...to lose weight. Fabulous...you still aren't burning any fat or doing anything to make yourself thinner by doing that. It doesn't 'cleanse' you any more than just pooping on a regular basis does...my 2 cents.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Options
    For those of you that poop on a regular basis, well good for you. I do not..................

I crack up at people giving their "opinions" around here. I think it is important that we share our experiences, that is all that really matter.