Rewards that DON'T require spending $$$

Options
Otrepsi
Otrepsi Posts: 24 Member
So I read on here all the time about how rewarding yourself (with a non-food item of course) when you reach a goal is a good motivator. The only stuff I ever see though requires BUYING stuff! New clothes, day at the spa, HRM, trip to Hawaii! etc. I really don't like spending money on luxuries, but I can't think of anything free or cheap to use as a reward!

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Replies

• peacek
    peacek Posts: 211
    Options
    Window shopping
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    A hooker that doesn't require payment up front
  • Achristine96
    Options
    A hooker that doesn't require payment up front

lol...
  • cfergy
    cfergy Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Having trouble coming up with ideas at the moment but I heard a suggestion somewhere once that said each week when you weigh in, for every pound you lose put $1 or $5 whatever amount you set into a reward jar and when you reach a specific goal use that money for a reward. Just a thought.
    I'm seriously going to have to give this topic more thought. Interesting question.
  • clairification
    clairification Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    What about selling your clothes that no longer fit on e-bay or trading them in at a consignment shop and use the money/store credit to buy something new? Maybe something that will help you toward your fittness goals. That way you aren't spending extra, just converting what you are no longer using into something more fun!