I started Les Mills Pump 90 day program

Options

Replies

• DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jataijah :smile:

Yes, I did read alot of those complaints so that might just be the reason they were changed. I'm just alittle concerned because when I put the weights on either end they spin just alittle, even with the collars securely attached.
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    My clips are the same as yours Doris and my plates spin also spin. I figure it's ok though since the clips are tight and it's not like the plates are moving toward the ends of the bar.

My complaint is about the plates themselves. In the videos the trainers have plates with 3 sections so it's easier to hold the plate when it's off the bar. The ones I got with the kit only have 2 sections and my hands get tired faster because they're spread wider to hold on.

Today was Week 2 Day 3 and I did Body Challenge and Extreme Abs. The lunge section is still killer but I did well with the rest of that workout. Extreme Abs was HARD!!!! The floors in my apartment are hard wood not carpeted and even with using a towel it's just not soft enough for me to be on my knees that long. The plank section is one I'll need to really focus on improving. My core is totally weak and the up up down down (even on my knees) gave me a lot of trouble.

Are you guys doing a Beachbody challenge with your program? I am because I already had the program and Shakeology so all I had to do was sign up and then sign in to WOWY every day to log my workout for a chance to win a prize. For me it's more of a formality since part of my routine is to log my workouts but I like to mention it to people because of the chance to win money.

Hope you guys have a great day!
    Sharon
  • ksavvy
    ksavvy Posts: 52
    Options
    I'm very curious to hear more about how the home versions of these programs work for everybody. I've been taking Pump, Combat, and other Les Mills classes (and I teach the cycling program, RPM) for years, and I love them all! Good luck, everybody :-)
  • DorisR184
    Options
    Thanks Sharon, that makes me feel a bit better :smile: I also have wood floors but I use a puzzle mat, its fairly thick so I don't feel any discomfort at all when doing planks/crunches. I have one that has 6 squares plus the edge pieces but I only really use 3 pieces for any ab workouts. They aren't expensive either, so you might want to check out your local sporting goods store. I bought mine from Modells (not sure if they have those where you are). I also just picked up some Gold's Gym plates from Walmart and they fit the bar perfectly, the holes in the weights are alot bigger so using those might be alittle more comfortable for you. Mine say "Kettleplate" on the tag. Unfortunately, I was hoping to find 5lb & 10lb plates, but they only had the 5lb plates in stock.

Wow, week 2 already! Keep it up, I'll soon be feeling the burn along with the two of you ladies soon enough :wink:
    I haven't joined any of the body challenges but that's definitely something I'm going to look into.

@ Ksavvy, I've never taken any of the Les Mills classes before so I can't compare the gym vs at home version, but we'll keep posting our experiences here & hopefully you could keep up to date on our experiences with it :smile:

Happy Hump day all! :smile:
  • telcochik
    Options
    Thanks for that info Doris. I'll definitely check out the puzzle floor and/or invest in a thicker mat to use.

If anyone is interested in learning more about the challenge let me know and I can send you a link to the information. If you have a Beachbody Coach he/she should be able to tell you all about what it is and what it entails....and if you don't then let me know if you want one.

Sharon
  • DorisR184
    Options
    @ Sharon,you're welcome! what disc contains "Extreme Abs", I don't have that one, just "Hardcore Abs," is that workout part of the deluxe package?
  • telcochik
    Options
    No I was mistaken about the name...it's Extreme Abs that I did today...although it felt hardcore as well :laugh:
  • MsBrwnSugga
    MsBrwnSugga Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    @Sharon can you please provide me with more information on this exercise program....thanks in advance
  • telcochik
    Options
    @Sharon can you please provide me with more information on this exercise program....thanks in advance

Just sent you a PM
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the program...can't wait to start!!!!!
  • telcochik
    Options
    I really hope you love it as much as I do Ketty! Please come back here and let me know how you're doing once you start the program. I find I learn so much from others when I have a group to trade secrets, tips, problems, and successes with!!!
  • jataijah
    jataijah Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Just checking in with todays workout, Did Pump and Burn its getting easier so I'm glad next week I'll start Pump and Shred. I decided to do TurboFire HIIT 25 afterwards felt great!
  • fittraier
    fittraier Posts: 138
    Options
    I am les mills body pump instructor. love to hare more about it. Les Mills is awesome! I believe if you want to try a live class at a club near you they are partnering with clubs that offer classes for a trial period!
  • Mietzekatze78
    Options
    Hi all! I love the enthusiasm on this thread - awesome! I ued to teach Pump, RPM (the cycling class) and BodyVive (low-impact aerobics) before my little mom & pop gym closed and all of these programs are really amazing, so it's no wonder to me that they are getting rave reviews for the at-home programs. Les Mills, as an organization, really works to make their classes fun and you can tell in the music selections, the variety of exercises and the varying intensities. though I'm not teaching anymore, I still use my DVDs for my personal workouts and supplement it with cardio on the elliptical or stairmaster (and when RPM is launched in the clubs my way, that will be my new cardio fix.)

If you're interested in trying a club version of Pump, check out 24 Hour Fitness. They have launched it (I believe) nationwide and are piloting other programs as well. One club in my town is piloting RPM, BODYSTEP, and the new program, CX Works.
  • jataijah
    jataijah Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I really wanted to do the live classes but the closest one is an hour away, They only offer it at 9am and 6pm those time just don't work for me because my kids starts at 9 and my husband work nights :(
  • ksavvy
    ksavvy Posts: 52
    Options
    It's awesome to hear a little Les Mills love! I'm a huge fan, and am heading to an RPM AIM in 10 days. Truly a fabulous organization, and the trainings have been life changing. I would shrivel up and die if I lost all my programs!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Morning Pals! Did Les Mills Pump Sports Attack this morning and it was AWESOME!!! Good sweat lots of potential for even more as I continue to do it in the coming weeks. I will say though that at only 27 minutes it's not as intense as an Insanity workout but it is a lot easier to follow. I highly recommend trying it for yourselves. So far this Pump Program ROCKS!!!!! I may have to look into certification myself since I'm really enjoying these at home workouts and LOVED the ones I did live at 24 Hour Fitness and Lifetime Gym when I lived in Las Vegas.

BTW thanks to EVERYONE that's stopped by (and continues to stop by) to add their comments to this thread! My hope is that more people find us and want to follow along so please spread the word! :bigsmile:

Have an amazing day!
    Sharon
  • DorisR184
    Options
    Hey everyone :smile:

Although my plan was to start on Monday 1/30, I've been finding myself staring at the Les Mills box so earlier I gave in and did Pump Challenge lol!... I did like it, however, I felt it was wayyyy to short. I do realise this is just the introductory dvd but, just when I started to feel my heart rate pick up alittle, it was over! Just coming off of doing 4 rounds of Insanity without breaks I need more.

My plan is to start off on Monday with the week 2 workouts... I'm sure those will be more challenging :smile:
  • telcochik
    Options
    Probably a good idea Doris! Let us know what you think about Pump & Burn next week. Did you buy the advanced package as well? If so, I highly recommend you try Sports Attack and Combat for better cardio than just walking, especially since you're coming off 4 rounds of Insanity!
  • DorisR184
    Options
    Thanks, I definitely will! No, I got the basic package so I plan to throw in some Insanity or Insanity Max workouts in place of the walking :wink: