Starting P90X 1/30/12 Who wants to join me?

Options
Hey there. If you would like to start p90x with me next Monday let me know. I think it's always better to workout with other people so we can help motivate and challenge one another. I know there are beachbody coaches out there that put together "challenge groups" and they help you throughout your 90 days. Well I wanted to be in a challenge group but the coach emailed me that in order to be part of the challenge group and get the "meal plans" I have to be on Shakeology autoship for 12 weeks. :cry: To me that was just ridiculous! I'm financially struggling right now, and I certainly can't do that. One bag of Shakeology is about $120! So no challenge group for me. So I'm deciding to look for people here on MFP who would want to do the full 90 days with me. And we can all coach each other. :wink:

Replies

• ozebek
    ozebek Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm in!
  • i_want_2_be_a_loser
    Options
    Yay! I hope we can get more people to join. :happy:

If you want to join please join my group: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/2795-teamextreme90
  • fusiongal
    fusiongal Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yeah! I'm in too! NOt sure how to even start!
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Good luck, P90X rocks.

I plan on hitting it for another round in April after I finish with my first round of P90X2.

Tim
  • i_want_2_be_a_loser
    Options
    Wow Tim. P90X2? How do you like it so far? I've seen the youtube clips for it and it looks way brutal. All I can say is WOW!
  • KTM07
    KTM07 Posts: 1
    Options
    I started Jan 1, I'm here to help
  • bluevwgurl
    bluevwgurl Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    i'm in! I started 9 days ago, but kinda floundered. Group motivation sounds great! I'm ready to start over.
  • Buckeyt
    Options
    Wow Tim. P90X2? How do you like it so far? I've seen the youtube clips for it and it looks way brutal. All I can say is WOW!

I'm just finishing up Phase 1 this week. It just rips your core to shreds.

Kind of brings back the memories of my first round of P90X. I was pretty out of shape and it was brutal, but I just kept pushing play every day and before I knew it, I had done 6 rounds in 2 years.
  • Buckeyt
    Options
    i'm in! I started 9 days ago, but kinda floundered. Group motivation sounds great! I'm ready to start over.

Group motivation is the only way I was able to do it. So improtant to talk with those that have done it before and know where all the struggles are. As well as those going through the same things so you know you're not alone.
  • Jade1964
    Jade1964 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • MeRevisitedAgain
    MeRevisitedAgain Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have had P90x for over a year and never used it. Been talking about doing it for a month. Now I realize that my pull up bar was broken during our move, so I'm not even sure if I can do it without that thing. I wanna do it with you guys though.
  • upnorthtim
    upnorthtim Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Mine's in the mail....hopefully will have it by monday
  • ilikejam33
    ilikejam33 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Currently on Day 2 of week 3, but be happy to join you :)
  • DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
    I'll try :) I hope this time I will be able to do the total of 90 days!
  • i_want_2_be_a_loser
    Options
    For those wanting to start P90X on Monday (1/30/12) please join our group if you haven't already!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/2795-teamextreme90

I'm getting all excited now that we are all going to workout together! :happy:
  • i_want_2_be_a_loser
    Options
    I'll try :) I hope this time I will be able to do the total of 90 days!

DKBelle you are not alone. I've had p90x for a couple of years now and I have never completed the full 90 days! That's why I believe doing this together will motivate us to keep pushing play!
  • i_want_2_be_a_loser
    Options
    I have had P90x for over a year and never used it. Been talking about doing it for a month. Now I realize that my pull up bar was broken during our move, so I'm not even sure if I can do it without that thing. I wanna do it with you guys though.

Perhaps instead of using a pull up bar, buy yourself some sturdy resistance bands. And if you don't have a door anchor, use a sock! Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5k6VuRLwb8
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I am doing P90X2 now (and for full disclosure, I am a Beachbody coach, too). I am happy to share the journey with you! I'm on day 25 now, but I'm going to have to go longer than 90 days because of an injury (long story). Feel free to friend me, and good luck to you!:smile:
  • dedication6
    dedication6 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm in, God be with me!!! I bought it 6 months ago and started it, but would go strong for a week then skip a week, then go three days then skip a week!! The part I don't get is that I loved it minus Yoga day!! (can I skip Yoga day??jk)
  • i_want_2_be_a_loser
    Options
    I'm in, God be with me!!! I bought it 6 months ago and started it, but would go strong for a week then skip a week, then go three days then skip a week!! The part I don't get is that I loved it minus Yoga day!! (can I skip Yoga day??jk)

OMG! You just totally described me. That's what I've done in the past. :( So you're not alone. They say Yoga X is one of the most important workout of the entire program since it will help you improve on everything. Some people sub it with the X Stretch. I've done that too. But I think this time, I'm going to do Yoga X no matter what. I'm going to try to do as much as I can.