Starting P90X 1/30/12 Who wants to join me?

Options

Replies

• kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I'm a coach, and although I have challenge groups and FB accountability groups, I don't require anyone to be on Shakeology. If they want to be on it, then hey, great, I'll tell you how to get it and save a little bit of $$; but if you want to be in a challenge and can't afford to get a package, then you should still be able to be in a group with others starting with you. I love the programs and feel if you can keep a handle on your nutrition and your routines, then you're good to go. :)
  • secrets_out
    secrets_out Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Start day 4 tomorrow
  • mrh1227
    mrh1227 Posts: 37
    Options
    I've done most of P90X, though I couldn't help but switch over to X2 after a few months, and phew what a difference. It competes with Asylum and a level playing field depending on what kind of exercise you want to be doing. Message or friend me and I'll gladly help with any P90X questions you may have :)
  • camsamdad
    camsamdad Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    is everyone doing the same one or are you doing different ones (classis, doubles, or lean)
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I am currently in phase 2 (week 5) Day 3 - doing doubles. This is my 2nd round. I completed my first round on Dec 12 with great results. Add me for support if you would like
  • MeRevisitedAgain
    MeRevisitedAgain Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have had P90x for over a year and never used it. Been talking about doing it for a month. Now I realize that my pull up bar was broken during our move, so I'm not even sure if I can do it without that thing. I wanna do it with you guys though.

Perhaps instead of using a pull up bar, buy yourself some sturdy resistance bands. And if you don't have a door anchor, use a sock! Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5k6VuRLwb8

Thank you sooo much. I appreciate the suggestion. I'm gonna give it a try.
  • i_want_2_be_a_loser
    Options
    is everyone doing the same one or are you doing different ones (classis, doubles, or lean)

I'm pretty sure most of us will be doing the classic or lean.
  • i_want_2_be_a_loser
    Options
    I'm a coach, and although I have challenge groups and FB accountability groups, I don't require anyone to be on Shakeology. If they want to be on it, then hey, great, I'll tell you how to get it and save a little bit of $$; but if you want to be in a challenge and can't afford to get a package, then you should still be able to be in a group with others starting with you. I love the programs and feel if you can keep a handle on your nutrition and your routines, then you're good to go. :)

Yeah that's what I thought too until I kind of got the feeling that *that particular coach wanted me to buy Shakeology through her first then I can be in her challenge group. Anyways, it's okay. Seems like we have a group that's ready to kick some butt next Monday! I think without Shakeology and just focusing on clean eating 99% of the time and keeping up your routines, will bring results just as good as those on Shakeology.
  • phaedrab
    phaedrab Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join! I've had P90X sitting by my DVD player for a year. I usually manage a few days, then just lose motivation. It'll be great to have some support (other than my husband, who usually just sits on the couch watching. Hey, maybe I can get him to do the program!).

PJB
  • karenaoldham
    Options
    I'm almost done with my second week of phase one. How do we track the exercies/calories burned for FitnessPal, though? It's not listing any of the workouts, and I dont know how many calories are used in an hour of each workout...
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I'm almost done with my second week of phase one. How do we track the exercies/calories burned for FitnessPal, though? It's not listing any of the workouts, and I dont know how many calories are used in an hour of each workout...

Karen you have to go into "my exercises" and create your own P90X workouts. On average you should be burning 600 calories in 1 hour of the workout if you work at your max.

I hope that helps

Josee
  • i_want_2_be_a_loser
    Options
    I'd love to join! I've had P90X sitting by my DVD player for a year. I usually manage a few days, then just lose motivation. It'll be great to have some support (other than my husband, who usually just sits on the couch watching. Hey, maybe I can get him to do the program!).

PJB

Hahaha. You're not alone! I've been doing that on and off for two years now. :sad: That will be so awesome if you can get your husband to join. Too bad my husband doesn't believe in "workout dvds." He prefers the gym. Oh well. I'm glad youre joining us! Please dont forget to join our group if you haven't already! : http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/2795-teamextreme90
  • yippeeskippee
    Options
    I'm in! I've been procrastinating on starting it. Now I have some motivation. :)
  • WassBoss15
    WassBoss15 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to do this so I'm in! I have a bad knee(b/c of an injury a couple of years ago) so I hope that doesn't hinder me too much. I still lift weights and use the elliptical regularly so let's see if I can handle P90X. I'm excited!
  • Keely012012
    Keely012012 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • billyparker9
    Options
    i would love to join you guys where are you guys located,where would we meet
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I love (hate) lol the workouts, but have never managed to go through the entire program, this will help!
  • jdawg1105
    jdawg1105 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am in also
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Good luck...just started day one of phase 3 of my P90X/Insanity hybrid. I've done two rounds of P90X previously and a round of Insanity. After this round, I go into P90X2. I will not be active on this thread, but I may check in from time to time. I'm here if anyone wants to FR me for support.

You have to really want it, regardless of support groups. 99% of your motivation has to come from inside you...
  • eburgland
    Options
    p90x rocks!! I've done it a couple times and my wife and i have also purchased additional programs from them. The main thing is to be serious about it. Find a specific time that you can do it at least 5 times a week. i have small kids and they realize that i need to exercise so during that time they will sit and color or play games. They do start getting impatient after awhile but they realize that it is going to last until Tony says its time for the cool down. Yoga is tuff at first but after awhile it gets better and then one day you realize that you can now pick up things off the ground without bending your knees or exhauling deeply. Its kinda cool.

Diet is also huge. Take it from me. You can exercise EVERY day but if you dont avoid carbs and fats, your wasting your time. i finally got some advise from a nuitrionist and have made changes that i believe will help me get the results i want.

Either way, stay dedicated, eat right and prepair to be sore for a couple of days..