Whoa. Careful. Diet + Drinking

Options
Anyone else find that one drink puts them under the table now? I wasn't ever really a big drinker before but now that I'm eating less if I have even ONE drink I'm sloppy!

Seriously. Tell me I'm not alone.

Replies

• FairuzyAmanuzy
    FairuzyAmanuzy Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    You are not alone! One drink and I'm tipsy. I used to be able to drink people under the table!
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Not alone, sister!!! :) I can take about 3 sips of wine, and I feel a relaxing feeling in my legs, my face gets hot, and I get a heat rash on my chest. Yeah, I can't hide drinking :) LOL
  • misscase
    Options
    Same thing with me!!! Two glasses of wine and I'm down for the count!
  • jowings
    jowings Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Yep! Same here :D. It took me off guard the first couple times and now I really only need one/two drinks for an entire evening. It's nice being a cheap date!
  • mill1295
    mill1295 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Oh me too! It's so bad with mixed drinks. Beer is a little less so just because 1 fills me up and I can't drink more even if I wanted too! Stomach holds a lot less...
  • jborgmann
    Options
    Yeah my 100 pounds down means 2 things. #1 I can't afford the calories like I used to and #2 it doesn't matter if I could, I can't handle my liquor as I have in the past.
  • Cslicemarie
    Options
    Not alone, sister!!! :) I can take about 3 sips of wine, and I feel a relaxing feeling in my legs, my face gets hot, and I get a heat rash on my chest. Yeah, I can't hide drinking :) LOL

Bahahahaha! I am all too familiar with that "hot" feeling!!
  • ratellcm
    ratellcm Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I lost 27 pounds and then went to a Christmas party. Tried to drink a bottle of wine and ended up over the toilet. Felt like a first timer, hahaha.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Fellas, I hope you're taking notes.

I'm no longer a lightweight. When I first lost a good chunk of weight, I was though. It all evens out if boozing is really important to you. :smile:
  • inchestopinch
    inchestopinch Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I used to be a heavy drinker ~ also being able to drink people under the table ~ but I honestly haven't had a full drink + some, since roughly August of 2011. Therefore, I think I'm going to be careful the next time I drink!!! Who knows, maybe it will just be a cheap 1 drink kind of night going forward lol
  • VodkaSalad37
    VodkaSalad37 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I never drink a lot. I probably only go out twice a month and I have a 3 beer/2 'girl drink' maximum.

I went out last Saturday night for a little bit. Two beers. I was done. DONE.

It's strange how it works, but great
  • nikkapooh
    nikkapooh Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    ONE GLASS OF ANYTHING AND I BE TIPSY... TO15748405.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options

Bahahahaha! I am all too familiar with that "hot" feeling!!

OMG I SWEAT!!! Like, "dont even bother doing your hair because it's going to look like you ran 15 minutes on the elliptical when you're at the bar" kind of sweat! LOL!!!
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options

Me too!
  • abigailm83
    Options
    I am the same way, not only am I eating less but I hadn't drank in over a year cuz I was pregnant with my daughter. I went out with a couple girlfriends a few weeks ago and tried to hang. BIG mistake on my part lol I was able to keep up but when it hit it hit really hard and I payed for it the next morning.
  • Justkf
    Justkf Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah! It's a mixed blessing because the calories add up the more you drink!

Reminds me, where is my glass o' wine?!
  • chauser1022
    Options
    I am just looking for my like button on ALL of your comments. :laugh:
  • tjgeb
    tjgeb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes! Only lost a few lbs, and used to be able to drink my body weight in booze! Now I have to be careful!:wink:
  • RachelJE
    RachelJE Posts: 172
    Options
    My husband made beer-cheese soup. I had a cup and slept for 2 hours. Laid out. Couldn't even WILL myself to get up. He had to bathe the kids and put them to bed. I mean, really, how much beer could have been left in that soup?!? I used to drink like a football player! :drinker:
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    So let me tell you about Vegas.. 17k calories burned that week.. drank like i normally have in the past. Well, let's just say I'd tell you about Vegas if I remembered what happened in Vegas. Total hangover moment.