I don't like meat!

Options
2»

Replies

• cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I've even baked my salmon the old Girl Scout way. Just wrap it in foil (after seasoning it, even something as simple as salt and pepper) and bake. I think I bake it around 350. The foil holds in the juices. You can also cook it this way on the grill. Easy to clean up.
  • allthatsgolden
    Options
    Greek yogurt with nuts and fruit is supposed to be incredibly high in protein. :)
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I don't enjoy red meat at all, which is fine considering the health effects.

red meat is perfectly healthy thanks

Also thinking this. There is nothing-- NOTHING-- unhealthy about whole, natural red meat. Not hot dogs-- but whole cuts of meat.
  • LATeagno
    Options
    Greek yogurt with nuts and fruit is supposed to be incredibly high in protein. :)

Yes! Greek yogurt is fab. As are nuts... nut flours... cheeses... etc. Cottage cheese is awesome! And tuna of course. I eat lots of it!
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    someone once told me of a theory that people who thrive on meat are more of a certain blood type and vegitarians are another.. but who believes that! ... or do you? not? yes? no? can I use more question marks? Yes!

According to the blood type diet theory, people with Type A blood (39% of the population) are best off as vegetarians, while people with Type O (46% of the population) are natural born meat eaters. Type B's (11% of the population) are somewhere in the middle.
  • LATeagno
    Options
    someone once told me of a theory that people who thrive on meat are more of a certain blood type and vegitarians are another.. but who believes that! ... or do you? not? yes? no? can I use more question marks? Yes!

According to the blood type diet theory, people with Type A blood (39% of the population) are best off as vegetarians, while people with Type O (46% of the population) are natural born meat eaters. Type B's (11% of the population) are somewhere in the middle.

This is really interesting! I thrive, hands down, on meat and veggies. Very interesting indeed!
  • caitles14
    Options
    peanut butter
    chick peas
    black beans
    greek yogurt

just to name a few of my fav protein-filled foods :)
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    i don't like the lemon pepper though it's been suggested to me many times. tilapia is not one of the better for you fishes unfortunately. have you tried haddock? it's good - and of course salmon is delish! You can just bake it. try teriyaki marinade too - on the salmon - that's delish!

Greek yogurt is also great - and I even mix protein powder with my greek yogurt for even more of a protein boost! :)
  • jess_blonde
    jess_blonde Posts: 229 Member
    Options

I must be broken then because I'm type O and could easily do wihthout meat. Since I still live at home I eat it rather than make a separate meal for myself but once I move out, I doubt I'll eat much meat at all.
  • BellydanceBliss
    Options
    I CANNOT believe I forgot about Quinoa
  • BellydanceBliss
    Options
    Also I believe that blood type theory...I am A positive. I just do not feel good eating meat at all. It also makes me hiccup the minute it hits my stomach. I finally bought organic eggs today as I can handle those ok at times.
  • Alexdur85
    Alexdur85 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I agree with the protein shakes. I probably wouldn't get my full allotment without them.

I use skinnytaste.com for most of my recipes but google is a great resource.
  • yarmiah
    yarmiah Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    hard boiled eggs?

greek yogurt?

cottage cheese?

kashi cereals - YUM!

I put kashi in my greek yogurt and get over 20g of protein in my snack!
  • wendyapple
    wendyapple Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    tempeh, lentils, greek yogurt.
  • kbw414
    kbw414 Posts: 194
    Options
    Do you like shrimp? I had some fantastic boiled shrimp the other night.
    I eat mostly vegetarian too, and I cook with a lot of beans and lentils.
    I'm going to try dried peas this week.
  • AmyBeth719
    AmyBeth719 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I don't like meat either. You can check out my food diary....though I don't eat meal-meals. :o) But feel free to friend me and look. I am also trying out new recipes.
  • Dustinryan24
    Dustinryan24 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    i like protein drinks because of the convenience... also
    string cheese, cottage cheese, eggs, protein bars, and tuna are my favorite quick snacks
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    what about vegetarian options...tofu, etc?
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Not into red meat huh. Ok.

Eggs (by themselves are scrambled into any number of foods).
    greek yogurt (plain is a great substitute for sour cream).
    ground poultry cooked into casseroles, stir fries, picodillo, are any number of other dishes that blend well. Stuff it in peppers, use it in sauces. wrap it in grape leaves with some seasoning and quinoa. Go crazy
    Protein shakes (chocolate whey powder in your coffee is great with a little almond milk).
    Salmon is great with rosemary and garlic in the skillet with a little olive oil. Trout is good as well in a similar manner.

Bottom line, protein helps with lean tissue retention. Get some quality protein in considerable quantity. The most efficient sources are animal derived. If that is not a moral or religious issue, figure out a way to make it work.