I need breakfast ideas

Options

Replies

• blueretro
    Options
    porridge , porridge and porridge .... that's about all I manage. Quick 2 minute nuke in the micro and it's good to go. Liking the ideas though. May have to try some of them, thank you

I'm with you on this one.
  • luvsthaifood
    luvsthaifood Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    A couple Low fat Eggo waffles spread with a little light cream cheese and some frozen unsweetened strawberries or fresh on top. If you really want to splurge some light or fat free whipped topping and its like your eating a miniature belgium waffle! LOL
  • Kristyr1989
    Options
    Hey i guess it depends on what diet you are on or how many calories you allow yourself. I either have special k topped with a bannana with skimmed milk. Or i have 2 poached eggs, mushrooms, chopped tomatoes, 2 spoons of beans with crackerbreads. (usually on my sunday off work)
    Another one i love is scrambled egg whites mixed with a bit of cracked black pepper philidelpia on slice of brown toast (no butter)

Hope these help x
  • Boingo1
    Boingo1 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup refried beans without the fry, a lil salsa, topped with a fried egg (fried in pam spray of course)..high in protein, filling, and yummy

Thanks, Mindy, for this idea! I actually had this tonight as a light supper, put it all on a Flat Out Wrap... YUM!!!
  • tinywithaBIGheart
    Options
    protein bars :) easy for on the go.
  • taniux88
    taniux88 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DianeTemplar
    Options
    I cook ahead.
  • JeanniebeanL79
    JeanniebeanL79 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KWgirl69
    KWgirl69 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    All these ideas are great, but daily. I try to fix things that are useful most of the week and just eat the same every morning. I like to beat eggs like for an omelet. Add chopped peppers, cooked turkey sausage and a small amount of shredded cheese. Mix all together and pour into a muffin pan (after sprayed with non stick) and bake about 45 min on 350. All week you will have omelet muffings to microwave. Good luck.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I have 6 egg whites and a slice of american cheese everyday. Occasionaly i skip the cheese and do a 100 calorie multigrain thin roll instead.
    Either way, comes out around 30g of protein and under 300 calories.
    5 mintues tops
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Fage 0% Plain Greek Yogurt, fresh blueberries and strawberries ... 2 tsp of pure honey and ¼ cup Special K Granola
  • hsk1019
    hsk1019 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Simple, but Thomas Bagel Thins, Cinnamon Raisin with a tiny bit of I Can't Believe It's not Butter Light. Works for me, low-cal, filling, and TOASTY!!
  • outlookmichael
    Options
    that is a lot of posts, lol, although a lot of great ones.

egg whites with veggies, mix in a bowl. heat pan, stir, add onions, red pepper and 1 slice low fat cheese and salsa. great protein to start the day. spinkle 2-3 walnuts. you will love it and kickstart your metabolism
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I made oatmeal today one serving of plain quick oats. Added once tablespoon on Gensoy chocolate protein powder. Came to 183 calories I think and was good. Not really sweet but, smelled like cocoa puffs lol
  • jenb155
    Options
    I love scrambling egg whites with veggies (mushrooms, onions, asparagus, sundried tomato), turkey sausage, and fat free feta cheese, top it with some salsa and eat with and orange and a fresh cup coffee and I am good to go for the day!
  • azjlmar123
    azjlmar123 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My hubby takes a Visalus shake with him every morning on the road. Usually carrot cake or strawberry cheesecake flavored. Fills him up good!
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is my fav meal-

Greek vanilla yogurt mixed with your choice of cereal and berries
    egg whites, turkey bacon cheese, on a eng muffin

My latest creation was

egg whites/slice of deli ham/1/2 slice cheese/dab of syrup on a multi grain waffle(cut the waffle in half to make a sandwich) YUM
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I do scrambled eggs.

Sometimes I'll dice a fresh tomato and throw that in, or some crumbled feta cheese - or even frozen mixed veggies and bacon/ham... basically whatever needs using up in the fridge.

Power on full for 2 mins in the microwave then chop up.

Yummy and keeps me full up till lunchtime most days!
  • outlookmichael
    Options
    I just saw this, but that is incredible congratulations!
    I would love to have you follow me. I am trying to start a group who make a difference. You are AMAZING! congratulations!.
    Michael
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    2 eggs, 1/2 whole wheat english muffin, 2 links of turkey breakfast sausage
    1 cup oatmeal, 1/2 up thawed frozen berry medley, dash of cinnamon, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 tbsp honey, and 1 scrambled egg
    1 cup kashi cereal with 1/2 cup milk, 2 scrambled eggs
    1 whole wheat english muffin, 2 overeasy eggs, 1/4 cup your choice cheese, 1 tomato slice

i could go on forever ... but these are my go tos.