Flowers or no flowers on the first date?

Options

Replies

• flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I know the girl, its not like I just met her if that makes a difference.
    Watch out for the friend zone...
    Are flowers too much on the first date?
    Yes, definitely too much.

The trick really is just to go there, and you guys try to enjoy each other conversation.
    Do some neck exercise beforehand, and then nod all night, let the girl do the talking, and do some reflective conversation "Really, you said you like XYZ, it must be difficult at times?". And then she will feel like you understand her a lot.

And when the restaurant is over, please please please take her to a pub or something...
    Just don't spend the whole night in one place, you can make the interaction with the girl progress by refreshing the context/environment from time to time.

Just don't go over the top seriously, it's just a first date so you guys are just supposed to get to know each other, see if you like to talk, etc... You might find she's not even an interesting date either, so don't try too hard. Just go there casually and with an open mind.
  • monkeypantz
    monkeypantz Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I'd go for the single flower, so it doesn't look like your trying to hard, but she knows you've been thinking about her.

Good Luck!
  • therealjanelle
    Options
    I really like the idea of sending the flowers afterward!

You're quite the gentleman to think of bringing flowers, though. I know I'd be flattered even if I couldn't find a vase.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Simple answer is that it is either right to do or it is wrong to do,of course guys need to know that can change with a lady from day to day.
    You should also be aware that when it is right to do it is very possible that you will do it in a wrong way which is just as bad as not doing it at all.
    This can also change from day to day or even from hour to hour.

Best wishes and good luck,hope this helps. :smile:
  • Wisks
    Wisks Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Not on the first date but important to get them regularly once in a relationship to make your gf feel special.
  • carlie_carl
    Options
    I once bought a rose on a first date, it was a random moment but it worked lol, I agree with all the guys and gals Id take a single flower, you already know the lady she will appreciate your thoughtfulness and that your not trying to just impress her with a massive bouqute

good luck, go and win her heart :-)
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    If you have known the women for some time, a flower might be nice as a way to signal that it is a romantic event, but if you really don't know them, then don't bother.
  • ugw125
    ugw125 Posts: 28
    Options
    FLOWERS♥
    Nothing to over the top though.
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I'd go with a single flower. a bouquet might seem like your trying to hard or might freak her out, but if you do want to go with a nice gesture, a single flower (a nice flower) is romantic and thoughtful without going over the top. good luck!

This! Its sweet without pushing it to far into the trying to hard arena but the gesture shows your sweet/ thought full side. :)
  • adriayellow11
    Options
    We don't know you. We don't know her. We don't know your relationship. What does your heart say? Go with that :)
  • broadsword7
    broadsword7 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I am like the last person on Earth to give dating advice, but I really do not think giving flowers on the first date is all that important. I think what would be more important would be to have the desire, and the sentiment, and the thoughtfulness, and the caring, to give her flowers on the 100th date. And on and on. But hey, this may be why I am single. :cry: Go with what your gut tells you, and never look back.
  • nikki778
    nikki778 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    A single flower is cute,..then if its a really nice date send her flowers the next day with a note to say you enjoyed her company & would love to see her again.

*SIGH* Be still my heart I love Romantic Men,..Where art thou?
  • rachs02
    rachs02 Posts: 47
    Options
    If you turn up for the date with flowers it would look to me like "trying too hard".
    Enjoy the date and if it goes well, send her flowers afterwards.

At first I was going to say get the flowers for the date but I like this advise better...........
  • Shanphichloe
    Options
    I want flowers! My husband gave me flowers on our first date :)
  • ebonyi
    ebonyi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If you know her then you know what color she like then bring her a single rose same color and the date and if it go good send her some sweet flowers after with a simple but nice note.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Better to have a flower an not need it, than need a flower an not have it.

I like that kind of stuff. Never had a gal get her panties in a wad when I presented her with a flower on a date.
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I love it when anyone gives me flowers. To me, it means they are thinking about me even when they aren't with me.

On a first date, I'd keep it simple--daisies, snapdragons, tulips. Even one flower says a lot.
  • paulaSo8
    Options
    Well we are going to a really nice dinner at a higher end italian place called maggianos. That's all I really have planned. Just a nice place to eat and talk. I thought flowers would be appropriate given the setting. We are meeting somewhere and then she is riding with me. I figured she could leave them in the car while we eat. =] Nothing big, maybe 1 or 2 flowers.

perfect plan =)
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    no to single red rose. Too corny. not a bunch of them either, even more corny still...

but flowers would be nice. nothing over the top, just something nice.

This is advice from my wife. :p

I know my wife loves lilly's... :p

this!
  • evelyngrice
    evelyngrice Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I would feel uncomfortable if somebody bought me flowers on a date.
    Perhaps if the dinner date was at her house or something, then fair enough.
    But if you are having a date in a neutral place, then it is awkward in knowing what to do with them.

:flowerforyou: